collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Spotting scope tripod??  (Read 6864 times)

Offline sirmissalot

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • chadpburgess@faceboo​k.com
Re: Spotting scope tripod??
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 07:38:37 AM »
A quality spotting scope won't do you much good without a quality tripod. Lightweight is nice but you don't want too light, and a fluid head is a must in my opinion.

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 12:27:29 PM »

I use a slik tripod with a vanguard head. Its an awesome little setup that is is pretty light. I purchased them from Steve at sandsarchery.com, he is a pretty helpful guy if you talk to him. I attach a quick release plate to all the gear that I use so I can switch between a spotting to a camera in seconds. Hopefully this helps. If your looking for a tripod that extends further look into the slik 634.

Slik 624 Pro CF Professional Carbon Fiber Tripod
Vanguard PH-111v 2-way pan head
Promaster 6160 quick release plate

Interesting first post.

Offline watty22

• Pilgrim
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »

I use a slik tripod with a vanguard head. Its an awesome little setup that is is pretty light. I purchased them from Steve at sandsarchery.com, he is a pretty helpful guy if you talk to him. I attach a quick release plate to all the gear that I use so I can switch between a spotting to a camera in seconds. Hopefully this helps. If your looking for a tripod that extends further look into the slik 634.

Slik 624 Pro CF Professional Carbon Fiber Tripod
Vanguard PH-111v 2-way pan head
Promaster 6160 quick release plate

Interesting first post.

If you don't mind me asking, what is so interesting?

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 01:59:55 PM »
Sounds like an advertisement.

I take recommendations from people on here with high regard--if they've been around for a while and don't have the reputation of a d-bag. Not saying your a d-bag, but I find it a bit odd to throw out an advertisement before an introduction.  :two cents:

If you're seriously here to stay, welcome board.  :)

Offline watty22

• Pilgrim
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 03:08:44 PM »
Yeah I can see where your coming from but it seems like you jump the gun pretty quick.

I have no affiliation with the business. I was in the same position as trytough and wanted to spend about the same amount of money. I had several recommendations for the slik 624 and I wanted to verify it with someone that sells the product. So i called the business and the owner was happy to share his two cents with the tripods. He had used it for awhile so I took his recommendation. I recommended this to trytough because the owner knows his stuff and if he wanted to contact him I think it would be a great help.

I have also been using it for a year now and for the money you cant beat it. I guess I better watch what I say. it was a nice intro to the forum. THanks

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »
Sounds great. Fyi we getall kinds of first time posts of spammish advertisements and trolling.  Many never bother with a second post.

Thanks for telling us a little about yourself.  Again, welcome  :hello:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal