collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Governors outdoor recreation group  (Read 38983 times)

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
Re: Governors outdoor recreation group
« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2014, 06:17:13 PM »
mORE THAN ONCE I WAS TEMPTED TO ASK THEM TO PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR mouths were and volunteer to get themselves :stup: off the planet. sorry about the caps lock.....
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2014, 07:03:44 PM »
I had the idea of making WA a predator hunting destination since we have so many predators.  I think I may caused some of them liberals high blood pressure.  :)

Sandy over on there was real annoying. :o
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline huntrights

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2014, 07:53:16 AM »
 :twocents:
Several people that commented on the website expressed obvious anti-hunting and anti-gun views; there may be nothing that could be said to them that would ever change their minds.  Maybe some of those people have learned that if they are irritating enough, those that oppose their views will stop participating; they have then eliminated an opponent.  Stay the course when involved in these issues and advocating for hunters, keep a level head, be civil, and never give up!  The objective of the website was to get relevant input from Washington residents regarding the questions asked, not to convince people with other views that they are wrong and we are right.  Although it may have been irritating at times, some of the debates might actually have enlightened some folks.  Regardless of the occasional frustration with some of the extreme views and personalities, it was extremely important that the views of hunters was presented as well; our voices were heard.  Hopefully our input will be taken into consideration as decisions are made regarding parks and outdoor recreation in Washington.

Offline Dhoey07

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
    • No Facebook for this guy
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2014, 07:01:14 PM »
I had the idea of making WA a predator hunting destination since we have so many predators.  I think I may caused some of them liberals high blood pressure.  :)

Was she the 90yr old grandma?

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2014, 07:06:36 PM »

Was she the 90yr old grandma?
I don't know.  Her profile pic was of an older lady with white hair.  If she is 90 years old, then I commend her for getting on there and participating so much.  She just seemed to be in favor of every program that would cost a bunch of money and no real worry about how to pay for it.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »
Several people that commented on the website expressed obvious anti-hunting and anti-gun views; there may be nothing that could be said to them that would ever change their minds.  Maybe some of those people have learned that if they are irritating enough, those that oppose their views will stop participating; they have then eliminated an opponent.  Stay the course when involved in these issues and advocating for hunters, keep a level head, be civil, and never give up!  The objective of the website was to get relevant input from Washington residents regarding the questions asked, not to convince people with other views that they are wrong and we are right.  Although it may have been irritating at times, some of the debates might actually have enlightened some folks.  Regardless of the occasional frustration with some of the extreme views and personalities, it was extremely important that the views of hunters was presented as well; our voices were heard.  Hopefully our input will be taken into consideration as decisions are made regarding parks and outdoor recreation in Washington.

That entire website is ran by liberals. We, as hunters/trappers etc won't change their idiotic ways of thinking, ever. What needs to be done is, get all politicians out of office at one time and start with new blood in all facets of government. Too many career politicians who are way to comfortable in " the lifestyle of a politician  ".  :twocents:
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline huntrights

• Sourdough
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2014, 10:48:15 AM »

That entire website is ran by liberals. We, as hunters/trappers etc won't change their idiotic ways of thinking, ever. What needs to be done is, get all politicians out of office at one time and start with new blood in all facets of government. Too many career politicians who are way to comfortable in " the lifestyle of a politician  ".  :twocents:

The political landscape in Washington has had an unhealthy political bias for many years.  Be sure to VOTE for candidates that will uphold their Oath of Office (support and defend the Constitution and Bill of Rights), and actually represent their constituency.  Encourage your family, friends, and colleagues to register to VOTE and actually VOTE.  Not casting a VOTE is actually a VOTE for the other side.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #202 on: July 23, 2014, 10:54:48 AM »
While i agree the topics and conversations were skewed I thought WE suceeded. We made our issues known and we made/reinforced some really good points. The powers that be MAY ignore what we have said but we did show that we were "engaged" in the process and should not be taken for granted.

I know most of us would just like to be left alone to do our thing. I know from experience with Silver Arrow Bowmen and the MV City Parks that showing up and making your case does a lot even if they dont do exactly what you want.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Heredoggydoggy

• Old Salt
  • Team I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS $H!T !
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2014, 11:05:31 AM »
Too many career politicians who are way to comfortable in " the lifestyle of a politician  ".  :twocents:

That has been my argument for years--the main problem this country has is "Career Politicians".  The founding fathers never intended for politics to be a "Career".  Most of these "Career Politicians" have never had a real job in their lives, nor could they hold one if they got one....  :twocents: 
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

When Bernie Madoff did it, it's called a "Ponzi Scheme"
When Government does it, it's called "Social Security"

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2014, 11:15:07 AM »

The political landscape in Washington has had an unhealthy political bias for many years.  Be sure to VOTE for candidates that will uphold their Oath of Office (support and defend the Constitution and Bill of Rights), and actually represent their constituency.  Encourage your family, friends, and colleagues to register to VOTE and actually VOTE.  Not casting a VOTE is actually a VOTE for the other side.

I vote for people who are, hopefully going to change things. It seems to me, that there are too many uninformed people, who believe the liberals and out vote us... It's a vicious circle that needs to be broken.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline huntrights

• Sourdough
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2014, 12:29:42 PM »
We can break the unhealthy political cycle by getting people to VOTE responsibly, not just following an (R) or (D) mantra.  For example, if you want your Second Amendment and hunting rights protected, VOTE for Senator Tim Sheldon (D) in Senate District 35.  If you want to bring some political balance into the Thurston County Commissioner's circle, VOTE for Bud Blake (I).  We can break the cycle of extreme political bias if we VOTE for the right people.  Above all, don't VOTE for anyone that gave their blind and unyielding support to the current administration with its extremely biased and agenda driven political machine.

To stay within the subject matter of this thread; thanks to all that participated in the Engage Outdoor Washington public input opportunity.  Your voices as hunters were heard.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:15:55 PM by huntrights »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal