collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: quick up date  (Read 3854 times)

Offline demontang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
quick up date
« on: November 21, 2008, 07:23:28 PM »
After two days of late archery elk I have seen a huge 7x7 at 6yd's and about 20cows. I got a shot at one but missed after guessing the yardage wrong across a drainage. I have seen 6 coyotes, a nice 4x4 buck, and shot a grouse at 35 yards. Hopefully I will have a elk down before I get back on.

Offline WonkyWapiti

• Sourdough
Re: quick up date
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 07:59:42 PM »
I went out tonight but haven't seen anything.  Little Dave and I will be going out in the morning and hopefull we will be hauling something out. 

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:28:17 PM »
Going out also in the morning best of luck to you all.  Hopefully the elk have moved into my area, they have been tearing up the grounds at night but not being seen as of yet.  Plan is to beat them into where I think their bedding areas are and cut them off.  Keeping fingers crossed but first elk is going down, rather have some meat this year...

Offline demontang

• Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »
Well no luck yet. I walk 12miles yesterday and didn't see anything, I did see a turkey up rimrock today but no elk there wasn't even any fresh sign they where in there. :(

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 07:48:51 PM »
Not too far from where I was, well at least ear shot, heard a gun shoot sounded like a muzzle loader?  When I left, I drove over to the area where I thought the shot came from, found a darkblue Durango and nobody around, saw their way in but never saw them come out.  Waited around for a bit and got out and listened but figured they were still out or maybe a miss....  Curious to see if anyone was hunting near Black Diamond, driving a Blue Durango and got an Elk or at least had an opportunity??

Offline 270Shooter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 07:52:46 PM »
Demontang,

Were you high or low? without much snow up high i can't see why there would be many elk down lower yet :dunno:.

Offline demontang

• Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »
Both, there was a lot more sign down low then high :dunno: I think the clear sky is killing us because it looks like they are only moving at night.

Offline Let er Fly

• Pilgrim
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »
Demontang,

I was up around bear mountain area and round mountain 20-22 and saw some elk.  Hunted the 22nd up out of mud flats and saw some elk.  No shots though.  The damn snow when you get up high was to noisey!  Oh well.  We had three total in camp, but no success yet.  I am going back Turkey day morning if the other half doesn't make too much noise.  Got to get some elk meat in the freezer!!! :drool:
Life is tough; it's tougher if you are stupid!

Offline demontang

• Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 07:21:41 PM »
We might have seen each other, I was in the area driving a blue/gray lifted 94bronco or in a green 98 dodge ext.cab lifted with fake bead locks. I never saw much up high but tracks heading down and a bunch of  coyotes (I'm taking a rifle next time) I hope to be up there Thursday night until saturday night.

Offline 1bowhunter1

• WORK?
  • Longhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 07:59:14 PM »
We hunted ryderwood all day today.  Drove in before light, would'nt you know we drive right in to the heard of about 15-20 and a monster bull,,,way to dark to sling arrows.  (clear cut tree line)  Half went tree line the other few plus bull went clear cut.  At light we got in 50yrds of cow and could'nt close the deal.  I am going to take up "ping pong"  I cant seem to fill the freezer by hunting...LOL!!
The wife said if I go hunting 1 more time, she's going 2 leave me!!  Gosh I'm gonna miss her.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal