collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pro Wolf Hunters?  (Read 19104 times)

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
Re: Pro Wolf Hunters?
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2014, 12:06:39 PM »
Don't worry the wolves will be under control and in balance once the deer herds are depleted :rolleyes:

Sometimes i really do believe the master plan is to phase out hunting here in Washington state. Too many animal rights groups with more money than us have become way too powerful and politically involved.
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2014, 12:23:46 PM »
    I think a lot of the apparent blind hate for wolves just motivates the anti hunters that much more. We need to show constructive criticism and solutions rather than the "gut shoot em all" rhetoric. Might work out for us better.

Let me get this straight.

You feel that anti hunters are motivated by the hate that hunters may have for wolves. 

You feel that we will win over the anti hunters by showing constructive criticism and "solutions".

What are you smoking? If you were a hunter, you would probably know by now that "anti hunters" are just that....anti hunters. They could care less what we think, it is what we do that bothers them.

Will they hate us less if we adopt their mindset? Yes. Yes they would like us more if we stopped killing all their forest friends and eating them.

Are you a hunter? Have you shared your thoughts on this topic before?

What big mouthed SSSers will do is give anti hunters ammunition to denigrate all hunters and marginalize us when it comes to management and influence.

Something like "See, those hunting fools just want to illegally kill anything they can" They are nothing but a bunch of criminal, poaching, bloodthirsty, animals and their opinion means nothing". "We don't need to include them in any management solutions because they don't want reasonable management."

That's a mute point, future management by WDFW isn't going to happen after the wedge wolf deal (they've stated as such) and there is no legal means for sportsmen/women to do it.

SSS is the only avenue left.

Offline GameHunter1959

• Longhunter
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2014, 04:44:36 PM »
IMO- It wouldn't matter what the WSDFW does in regards to the whole wolf issue. Either way it wouldn't be good enough for anyone that is already second guessing every decision they make. They will never change the minds of those, who already have it out for them.

Offline clockwork

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: nra, psa
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2014, 07:24:41 PM »
Good responses in this thread. I am a hunter. I hunt coyotes, deer, bear, upland, waterfowl etc and would hunt wolves too if they had a stable populations and season (yeah I know a lot of people think they're overpopulated already).

Just wanted to test the waters about how people really felt because it seems to be the cool thing to spew the antiwolf rhetoric which, you gotta admit can get out of hand. Fear of wolf attacks, conspiracy theories, "Canadian greys" and so on. If a wolf attacks your dog, shoot it, if it attacks you, shoot it and then buy a lottery ticket cause it's next to unheard of.

Like the thread about the bowhunter who thought he heard wolves and stayed in the treestand. Seems like a risk you take when you go in the woods to me.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2014, 08:58:18 PM »
IMO- It wouldn't matter what the WSDFW does in regards to the whole wolf issue. Either way it wouldn't be good enough for anyone that is already second guessing every decision they make. They will never change the minds of those, who already have it out for them.

I think most people would be happy if WDFW started doing the job they are suppose to do. The people I have talk with want wolves managed.

What do you think makes anti-wolf people, or as you say people who have it in for WDFW? WDFW dumping wolves on rural folks and then lying about it? Wolves attacking rural landowners dogs?  Refusing to confirm livestock killed by wolves, when everyone involved knows damn well it was wolves? Refusing to acknowledge wolf sightings when the same people have reported them time and again? WDFW refusing to confirm known wolf packs? Rural people watch as wolves slaughter the deer, and WDFW refuse to acknowledge the impact uncontrolled predators/wolves are having on the deer herds. WDFW running to the news papers and baldfaced lying to the people of WA?

So far WDFW have not been honest with the people of WA where wolves are concerned, they have messed their own sheets, and now they will just have to lie in it till they gain peoples trust again. Do you see that happening any time soon?

Offline GameHunter1959

• Longhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2014, 09:31:44 PM »

I think most people would be happy if WDFW started doing the job they are suppose to do. The people I have talk with want wolves managed.

What do you think makes anti-wolf people, or as you say people who have it in for WDFW? WDFW dumping wolves on rural folks and then lying about it? Wolves attacking rural landowners dogs?  Refusing to confirm livestock killed by wolves, when everyone involved knows damn well it was wolves? Refusing to acknowledge wolf sightings when the same people have reported them time and again? WDFW refusing to confirm known wolf packs? Rural people watch as wolves slaughter the deer, and WDFW refuse to acknowledge the impact uncontrolled predators/wolves are having on the deer herds. WDFW running to the news papers and baldfaced lying to the people of WA?

So far WDFW have not been honest with the people of WA where wolves are concerned, they have messed their own sheets, and now they will just have to lie in it till they gain peoples trust again. Do you see that happening any time soon?

Have a good night

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2014, 09:38:38 PM »
Good responses in this thread. I am a hunter. I hunt coyotes, deer, bear, upland, waterfowl etc and would hunt wolves too if they had a stable populations and season (yeah I know a lot of people think they're overpopulated already).

Just wanted to test the waters about how people really felt because it seems to be the cool thing to spew the antiwolf rhetoric which, you gotta admit can get out of hand. Fear of wolf attacks, conspiracy theories, "Canadian greys" and so on. If a wolf attacks your dog, shoot it, if it attacks you, shoot it and then buy a lottery ticket cause it's next to unheard of.

Like the thread about the bowhunter who thought he heard wolves and stayed in the treestand. Seems like a risk you take when you go in the woods to me.
Looks like you've got it figured out.  The anti-wolf stuff often gets ridiculous...usually from the same small crowd who don't take the time to understand how wolves have to be managed in this state or how wolf management has worked in other states.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2014, 07:55:10 AM »

Looks like you've got it figured out.  The anti-wolf stuff often gets ridiculous...usually from the same small crowd who don't take the time to understand how wolves have to be managed in this state or how wolf management has worked in other states.

You need to quit calling everyone who doesn't want unmanaged wolf numbers the "anti-wolf crowd". I've heard so much whining from you and others about being referenced as "wolf lovers" I would have thought you would catch on by now how hypocritical you are being by continuing to call everyone names who opposes the current state of "un-management". Just because many of us want wolves managed does not mean we want wolves wiped off the face of the earth.  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2014, 07:57:11 AM »
PRO-MANAGEMENT that is what you can call us, much more fitting since we simply want some management.  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline RG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2014, 08:18:14 AM »
I'll probably get bum rushed here but are there any hunters out there that welcome the recovery of Washington wolves?

Gonna be rough while a balance is achieved and I'm no biologist but I like my wilderness as wild as possible. Isn't that what makes alaska awesome?

It's the wilderness, not a game farm, anyone else have this perspective?
With all this talk about gut shooting every wolf you see it seems strange coming from a group that shares the same background as me.

Clearly you have never lived or made your living in ranch country or wild country. I'm going to have to say you're wrong about sharing the same background as me at least.
And I think God must be a cowboy at heart
 He made wide open spaces from the start
 He made grass and trees and mountains and a horse to be a friend
 And trails to lead ol' cowboys home again

Chris Ledoux...

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2014, 09:32:24 AM »

You need to quit calling everyone who doesn't want unmanaged wolf numbers the "anti-wolf crowd". I've heard so much whining from you and others about being referenced as "wolf lovers" I would have thought you would catch on by now how hypocritical you are being by continuing to call everyone names who opposes the current state of "un-management". Just because many of us want wolves managed does not mean we want wolves wiped off the face of the earth.  :twocents:
Bearpaw, with all due respect you are off base here.  I am not calling everyone anti-wolf, not you, and in fact I don't even know where all of this whining about name calling has been coming from.  Like you, I have corrected people who have called me "pro-wolf"...but I get called lots of things and I really don't care...I do set the record straight when people try to discredit me by suggesting I'm not a hunter...I can't remember if you were part of that bandwagon a while back or not...its a mute point now though. 

What I said was very true, the anti-wolf stuff often gets ridiculous...the conspiracies, the intricate felonies being committed by WDFW etc...it is nothing short of ridiculous and it is damaging to future wolf management efforts.  I call a spade a spade...some people don't like that.  Maybe you should wander over to the hoof rot turned wolf debate thread...see what I had to say to Bob Ferris, Executive Director of Cascadia Wildlands regarding their petition to basically eliminate lethal options for wolf control...then maybe you can see that I am fair in my calling out of ridiculousness...it is absolutely just as ridiculous for a group to demand no lethal wolf control as it is to suggest wdfw is engaged in felony conspiracies to plant wolves around the state...again, in these controversial and complex management problems I see no problem with calling out the ridiculous stuff.  Frankly, I bet the folks who post some of the more absurd things about wolves probably prefer the "anti-wolf" identity. 
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »

Bearpaw, with all due respect you are off base here.  I am not calling everyone anti-wolf, not you, and in fact I don't even know where all of this whining about name calling has been coming from.  Like you, I have corrected people who have called me "pro-wolf"...but I get called lots of things and I really don't care...I do set the record straight when people try to discredit me by suggesting I'm not a hunter...I can't remember if you were part of that bandwagon a while back or not...its a mute point now though. 

What I said was very true, the anti-wolf stuff often gets ridiculous...the conspiracies, the intricate felonies being committed by WDFW etc...it is nothing short of ridiculous and it is damaging to future wolf management efforts.  I call a spade a spade...some people don't like that.  Maybe you should wander over to the hoof rot turned wolf debate thread...see what I had to say to Bob Ferris, Executive Director of Cascadia Wildlands regarding their petition to basically eliminate lethal options for wolf control...then maybe you can see that I am fair in my calling out of ridiculousness...it is absolutely just as ridiculous for a group to demand no lethal wolf control as it is to suggest wdfw is engaged in felony conspiracies to plant wolves around the state...again, in these controversial and complex management problems I see no problem with calling out the ridiculous stuff.  Frankly, I bet the folks who post some of the more absurd things about wolves probably prefer the "anti-wolf" identity.

Perhaps you have not been one of the specific members to complain about "wolf lover". But, I don't think I'm off base, I've heard complaining from numerous members about the term "wolf lover" which I have been guilty of using in the past. The complaint is that the term is used by the "anti-wolf crowd" to paint anyone who opposes them as "wolf lovers". I'm acknowledging that the term probably does cause a conversation to degenerate. So, I'm asking the ones who say they are the victims of name calling and insults to play by the same rules. I don't appreciate being referred to as anti-wolf when in fact I am "pro-management"!

I also disagree with the condescending remarks and attitudes displayed that seem to insinuate some members are more intelligent than others, these sort of insults do nothing to improve the quality of conversations. No, I am not off base, we all need to take the higher road and refrain from name calling, insults, ego's, and condescending attitudes. That includes you, myself, and many others who have participated in these wolf discussions and other polarizing topics.

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2014, 10:16:30 AM »

I think you are painting with a very wide brush. The truth is that numerous members on this forum have written messages to WDFW thanking them for taking out the wedge pack. Numerous members of this forum have sent messages in support of numerous other actions taken by WDFW or in support of WDFW policies they agree with.

Many members simply do not rubberstamp everything that WDFW does, I see nothing wrong with opposing what you may consider to be poor decisions, policy, or management.

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2014, 10:21:20 AM »
I can't read many threads like this.

Congrats to Clockwork for stirring the mud.  Yes, he's definitely a troll and you guys think there is value discussing this with him.  :bash:

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2014, 10:55:55 AM »

Perhaps you have not been one of the specific members to complain about "wolf lover". But, I don't think I'm off base, I've heard complaining from numerous members about the term "wolf lover" which I have been guilty of using in the past. The complaint is that the term is used by the "anti-wolf crowd" to paint anyone who opposes them as "wolf lovers". I'm acknowledging that the term probably does cause a conversation to degenerate. So, I'm asking the ones who say they are the victims of name calling and insults to play by the same rules. I don't appreciate being referred to as anti-wolf when in fact I am "pro-management"!

I also disagree with the condescending remarks and attitudes displayed that seem to insinuate some members are more intelligent than others, these sort of insults do nothing to improve the quality of conversations. No, I am not off base, we all need to take the higher road and refrain from name calling, insults, ego's, and condescending attitudes. That includes you, myself, and many others who have participated in these wolf discussions and other polarizing topics.
I completely agree on the personal nature of comments...I am as guilty of anyone as being sucked into sharper than necessary responses...I believe we should all focus on the problem, the ideas, the theories, the solutions etc...and way less on the actual people.  I am dumbfounded at how many times people want to know who I am, who I work for etc in these controversial threads...don't focus on the people...focus on the problem.  In that vein, I think it is still very reasonable to point out ridiculous ideas, solutions that simply won't work, statements that are not supported by any credible evidence etc. etc...focus on the issues, not the people.  Thats why Im just not a big fan of these witch hunts that occassionaly happen to determine if someone is a hunter or not...it shouldn't matter if we are focused on the ideas being presented and not the people.  :twocents:

I would also like to see this respect carried beyond just the members who post here...all of the wdfw bashing needs to be curbed.  I have no problem with calling out specific issues/mismanagement whatever...all very necessary.  But there is an awful lot of "broad brush" painting of WDFW staff and management that I find very unnecessary and not helpful.  In fact, some folks call out specific wdfw staff who really can't defend themselves...its one thing to call out someone on here who can provide a rebuttal...I think its a little below the belt to attack wdfw staffers personally.   :twocents: 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal