collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: DONT KNOW BEAR HUNTING  (Read 13875 times)

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
DONT KNOW BEAR HUNTING
« on: June 24, 2014, 08:30:08 PM »
WELL I DONT KNOW A THING ABOUT BEAR or hunting the awesome creatures,but ill be darn if I'm not right up close and personal with a brute were I just got access to hunt for deer and elk,i set my cam up on a well worked trail, left it there  for 17 days and then made the hike in to check film and batteries,i had a very exciting pic review but no elk,but what there was is four different deer ,a four year old moose face right in the camera ,really cool shot,and what I thought to be asmall black bear or at least that's what I thought till I got home and put the film on the puputer,jicker box yoogle machine !!!,this is a very large animal,i guess what my questions to you folk that know stuff about stuff is am I safe to hunt this area ? and when in the heck is bear season and who owns a bow and hunts bear, ( SUCEESSFULLY ! ! ),I gotta Admit I'm a little intimidated by him,I've hunted all my life of 56 years and still find this critter in my thoughts about my new spot,the neighbor next to me showed me pics of 15 elk at his back door 4 weeks ago and I'm seeing a lot of signs of my life time quest with a bow,I've got a large area so I really don't want to give it to Mr. black bear,any advice is ( GREATLY ) APPRECIATED !! BELIEVE ME :chuckle: :chuckle: :bash: :bash:,i WOULD LOVE TO POST MY PICS BUT IM PRETTY MUCH PUPUTER ILLITERATE,SORRY GUYS :sry: :sry: :sry:
loction location location ! perzackly !

Offline bowhunterwa87

• Sourdough
Re: DONT KNOW BEAR HUNTING
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:37:36 PM »
Your fine. I had one sneak up on me last year while i was stalking some doe with my bow. Turned around and there he was 40 yards behind me frozen looking at me.. two seconds later i sent a muzzy straight through his chest.  He turned around and ran straight down hill like a bat outta he.....well u know

Offline Guy

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:22:10 PM »
Go for it. You owe yourself a bear rug!

Offline Jburke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 01:13:26 AM »
As long as you aren't baiting the area with anything hunt that bear.  If you are putting bait out for the deer and elk and that's why the bear is around then I wouldn't recommend it.  But you don't have much to worry about hunting the area, the bear won't bother you unless it has cubs with it, then it might get defensive.  I have been within less than 10 feet of a bear cub and the sow ran off so fast she left her cubs behind at the other end of the clear cut.  It wasn't exactly what we were expecting, but it could have turned out worse.

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:31:40 AM »
thanks for the input guys I'm not planning on hunting bear any time soon I just want to know how things might go as I hunt deer and elk,as far as baiting the deer and elk ,so that might be keeping him in the area ?so they like the high protein grains and stuff ? :o :o :o :o

Offline Thehowler

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
Yes, the bears will eat anything. Any food a human puts out will attract the bear no mater what your intent was.
Shoot the bear, gamster finds out, he investigates, questions you, He smiles alot while talking to you, and seems very friendly, but he is just building a case to send to the prosecutor. Sounds harsh but that's how it works.
These laws were put in place by  Seattle voters.
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 11:54:07 AM »
Ok !! so I just got back from checking the game cam ive got up north on some new to me property,i told all you bear people of my findings last time and I was kinda intimidated by what I saw,well now im FREEEEEEEKN OUT !! IVE GOT A PICTURE OF THREE BEARS IN INE SHOT !DAMN !!anyway hear is my question I geuss again but with a lot more interest ., (aaaaaaaah,do I worry yet ?? ) there are no cubs at least yet to be seen,but geeeeze !!this place has moose and deer and elk sign all over it ,wich by the way ive got several pics of deer and moose on this batch of pics to,no elk but I know they are there,i will be moveing my camera next week, but still in the same property unless someone here can convince me im out numbered by mr. black bear !! so any input is very much got my attention to say the least !! :bash: :bash: :bash: :yeah:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 12:11:27 PM »
Well!!
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline huntingaddiction

• Sasquatch
  • Scout
  • Eat, Sleep, Hunt!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 12:21:33 PM »
Step 1 find a bear!  Step 2 shoot it!:P
A bad day out hunting is better than a good day at work!

Offline elkoholic1

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: elkoholic1
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 12:31:17 PM »

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 09:42:35 PM »
sorry !! basically puputer illiterate,and don't think the shooting ,and killing thing hasn't erupted from my information banks , I'm just not into killing something I have absolutely no interest in eating,bear meat is gross and my significant other, well lets just say a bear rug or hide is not getting past the driveway !all this being said I will be carrying a strong side arm from now on !! thanx guys !!!

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 10:00:57 PM »
I sent you a private message to see if we could walk you through posting a picture off the trail camera.
If you're able to get the pictures up on your computer then you should be able to post them on here too, only a couple of steps to get them on this web page.

For the bear,  odds are fantastic you'll never see it while hunting deer and even more fantastic the bear won't just run away if you did bump noses. 

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 11:17:31 AM »
just shoot it and donate the meat to me. I love bear meat as long as it's not a dumpster bear.
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline liljozie495

• Scout
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited RMEF NRA
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 11:47:39 AM »
If you had summer sausage made out of the meat and pepperoni you'd never know you were eating bear meat ;-)
Boom boom boom...

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 10:33:24 PM »
allways willing to try the stuff,i don't think it can possibly beat elk but I would be willing to try it I'm going up to check on the camera again sunday and I will try to learn how to post pics a caring gentlemen has volunteered to show me how so like the meat ill give the darn puputer another try,course that's saying I GET IN AND OUT OF THERE SAFELEY !! :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw