collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: DONT KNOW BEAR HUNTING  (Read 13876 times)

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
Re: DONT KNOW BEAR HUNTING
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2014, 07:49:56 AM »
Head cam, arm cam....all good. Mounted to the bow is a no no. Here is an example for you of "view". You will want to kind of wear it on your temple...off set a bit to be looking straight down the bow. Also, you can see I have a litte bow torque...never noticed until I watched it....remind myself to keep that left hand loose and not "grip it".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcQn0rPCTco

Offline returnofsid

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2014, 09:09:12 PM »
Returned your PM last night.  Not sure if you received it or not.
2013 Hoyt Carbon Element G3 28"DL/60-70lb DW Purchased new, 4/26/2014
Fuse Carbon Interceptor 7 pin sight
Hoyt/QAD HD Fall Away Rest
TightSpot Quiver
GT XT Hunter @ 440 Gr. Total Weight
100 grain Muzzy 3 blade and/or 100 grain Magnus Snuffer SS Broadheads

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 04:25:28 PM »
First day in the stand one hour later it was obvious a bear was coming down the trail, he came right into range,but there was a very obvious sound behind him or her ?So as to the manly manual of bear hunting I waited to see if cubs were coming down the trail , well it wasn't cubs at all it was the bigger guy I had seen on the trail cam a mile away or so !!At the end of it all I took no shot .But I know it will happen again so I'm not worried at all .It was very clear they didn't know I was there at all so after I finish this stupid painting job I will be back in that stand waiting for my first bear ever,so many there I know its a good chance.!!! :tup: :tup: :chuckle:
loction location location ! perzackly !

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2014, 04:37:08 AM »
Are you sure the first one wasn't a cub?

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2014, 07:10:20 AM »
Sounds like you are having fun.  I look forward to seeing some pics.

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2014, 07:54:06 AM »
The first bear was a good size I was ready to take him but had to be sure of what was approaching,I'm going back up there,and I think the next time I hear a bulldozer coming down the trail I think ill climb down and pursue ,they sure seem to take there time ,while digging around ,blowing up stumps,and ripping stuff apart,so I'm thinking just persue them.i put my stand on the trail they use but I don't know if I can depend on that again so that's my plan. :dunno: :dunno: ;)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2014, 05:37:16 AM »
still working on learning to post pics , but I went ahead and added a bear tag for the first time ever,i wonder if I can get this forum connected to my tree stand in case I'm suddenly face with tracking a shot bear,so Waite a half our before pursuit,and don't plan on a death groan,I'm just going to hope on the bear responding to my elk calls ???hope that's right if not set me straight pleeeeeease !! I've got a feeling this is going to happen because this area has not been disturbed for years ,and I really believe this ,I need to learn to post videos , and pics ill be having a go pro on the bow   :bdid:and a buddy walking the miles of unused roads with a camera just hope I can get something interesting on film,best of luck out there :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:
:bdid:

I'm not sure that you understand: Shooting a bear anywhere near human placed bait could be considered shooting a baited bear and is an illegal act. It sounds like your bait is in a good bear area so I wouldn't be surprised if you get even more bear coming to your bait. If you are afraid to hunt in the area where your bait has attracted these bear then pack a pistol for protection. Generally speaking a bear will run when it smells, hears, or sees a human so you really don't have too much too worry about but it's perfectly legal to pack a pistol while bowhunting "for protection" in case you were to get charged.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2014, 09:45:31 PM »
Just so everybody is clear ,I have removed my camera so the bear don't destroy it, and the record rack food I left out is very , very long gone.These bear are working a trail daily and I'm set up perfect on it.Iknow my hunting manly manual as good as anybody on this sight ,a friend of mine has been a fish n feathers guy for 35 years,so don't try to tell me my manual, he already drills me daily its just this time of year I cant get him on a radio because they wont give me one ,huh ?,But don't get me wrong I appreciate you keeping me out of the klink !By the way guys were do I get taxi stuff in Spokane,this stuff called tel-fan ? Help !!! ,As soon as I get a day off this is going to be a done deal trust me , and I have my ( hat mounted ) go pro to prove it and if I do ill get that guy to come show me how to get the video to this sight,( if hes got any patience that is  :chuckle: )So good hunting !!! :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL: :IBCOOL:

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2014, 06:44:14 AM »
So I was reading this article on tree stand edicate and they were saying that it is a good idea to wash your tree stand seat twice a year for scent reasons. Well im thinking this bear im after is in agreement on that issue.I got to the stand at 530 am yesterday and my stand was destroyed ,it was sitting almost upside down and the seat was 30 yards away in shreds.Istart to wonder if im breaking another law by likeing mexacan food so much, or by sweating from climbing the huge hill on the way to the stand,wich both could be labled using attractants to get this mr. destroyer to come in ??Ihavent seen him in three times up there im wondering if hes gone nocturnel on me,any way that's two camera brackets and a tree stand seat he owes me now ,and in some way he has the lead on me !!Well now im pissed and headed back up in the evening see if I can catch him on the way to destroy my Sameria, its about the same size as him so I think ill change my parking spot everytime,some might think im kidding but this darn critter is on the war path and im going to meet him at some point for sure !!  ( GO HAWKS !! ) AND SAFE HUNTING TO ALL ! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :bash: :bash:sorry mr. educate the spell check wasn't working for some yoogle reason ?

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2014, 07:53:43 AM »
If what ever he was eating played out he may have moved to another food source! Find the food and you will find the bear. Good luck!  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »
 :)
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline Netminder01

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2014, 09:06:24 AM »
I wish this entire exchange and trips into the woods was on video.

Good luck with the bear!

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2014, 10:44:43 AM »
Im allways worried about having good batteries for the real deal I geuss ill have to start recording my rediculouseness start my own what ever I do outside my home series on yooglel :chuckle:e like everyone else,I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP WITH THIS POSTING PICS AND VIDIOES,on the yoogle box,i have windows 8 if any body could give me step by step then we could all have a look,any way ill be back up there Tuesday all day ill take a rest 2 till 4 but be right back in there,im able to get in without making noise much at all so that's my plan.Film at eleven  :chuckle:

Offline steen

• Women's Board
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2014, 05:27:01 PM »
Well!!
Haven't seen this one in a while! Lol

Offline cryder

• relic01
  • Longhunter
  • elk down
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2014, 09:16:17 PM »
Well mR.steen ? that's cuz I work to much I geuss ,but im telling everyone as of Friday im out at the cabin and tree stand my new set up is in range of a freeeegn game highway and im there till something happens or I just fall asleep teathered to the tree from being way to relaxed for the first time in three weeks,we went up and really got the stand hidden well and there is sign everywhere, also this is in the area where I had the camera set up and had three bears in one pic,so my hopes are high for my first bear . I have all the stuff to do my own rug and watched several vidioes so any way just letting the crowd know I have not given up at all and yes the vidioe and pics are comeing !!! :tup: :tup: :bash: :bash:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Deadeyety
[Today at 05:12:44 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:12:42 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw