collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: What's the best tasting thing you've eaten?  (Read 25410 times)

Offline Dmulcahy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: RMEF and NRA
Re: What's the best tasting thing you've eaten?
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2014, 08:45:34 PM »
There's to many good things to pick one.  There's one thing that jumps out the most.. I was at the stockyards in fort worth Texas and had a buffalo ribeye that was amazing, so tender it just pulled apart with a fork.  Followed by moms homemade cheesecake or a smore by the fire after a long day hunting  :)

Offline Blacktail135

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2014, 12:43:53 AM »
 Best tasting thing I've ever eaten?

#1: Three corndog's with mustard and Darigold Old Fashioned chocolate milk (Marblemount gas station) after spending 7 day/nights goat hunting above Ross lake eating only dry mixed granola for breakfast, dry mixed nut's for dinner and water.

#2: Would be the wet paminto chess sandwich (on white bread) that I found in a ditch (hadn't eaten in a while).

Nowaday's my wife's aged,grilled,marbled,tender,juicy,rare,rested rib-eye steak with nothing on it and a glass of good red wine or ......fried chicken,mashed up potato's,gravy,bisquit's and whole milk or.......corned beef and cabbage and whole milk or.......prawn's, Dungy crab, corn on the cob and iced lemon water or...man this list could go on and on but, I gotta go in and eat my moose/mushroom/cheeseburger with a malted beverage.  :) 

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2014, 01:12:38 AM »
#1: Three corndog's with mustard and Darigold Old Fashioned chocolate milk (Marblemount gas station) after spending 7 day/nights goat hunting above Ross lake eating only dry mixed granola for breakfast, dry mixed nut's for dinner and water.

:chuckle:
I do have a soft spot for two jalapeno corn dogs and chocolate milk from a back country gas n puke.  Especially after a few days eating Mountain House.  About the only thing better is a Happy Clown burger :tup:
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline Lunchbox1981

• Scout
  • Big German Bache(Sow)
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2014, 03:40:44 AM »
I just scramble them in a ceramic coffee mug or anything that is microwave safe. I put them on high for 1:25 (at this point they should be about 2/3 cooked), stir them a little and in for another 0:30. Put them on a plate and separate with a fork. I'll never dirty another pan with scrambled eggs unless I don't have a microwave available.

By the way, it was my mother's uncle who invented the magnetron to use microwaves for cooking - Percy Spencer. He was the guy who had the chocolate bar in his pocket while they were doing radio work with microwaves. Can you imagine what that stuff did to their insides? He lived to his late 80s I think, though.

I've seen commercials about your uncle then.  They come on AFN (Armed Forces Network) all the time about the benefits of military research.  Pretty cool.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2014, 10:50:13 AM »
My wife makes killer broiled ribeyes  :EAT:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2014, 10:58:38 AM »
I just scramble them in a ceramic coffee mug or anything that is microwave safe. I put them on high for 1:25 (at this point they should be about 2/3 cooked), stir them a little and in for another 0:30. Put them on a plate and separate with a fork. I'll never dirty another pan with scrambled eggs unless I don't have a microwave available.

By the way, it was my mother's uncle who invented the magnetron to use microwaves for cooking - Percy Spencer. He was the guy who had the chocolate bar in his pocket while they were doing radio work with microwaves. Can you imagine what that stuff did to their insides? He lived to his late 80s I think, though.

I've seen commercials about your uncle then.  They come on AFN (Armed Forces Network) all the time about the benefits of military research.  Pretty cool.

It is cool. His parents died when he was very young and he was brought up by an aunt or something. I believe he dropped out of high school and when a local plant started using electricity, he applied for and got a job there. He joined the navy several years later and when he got out, Raytheon hired him. There's a lab in Woburn, MA named for him. Interesting for a guy with no diplomas of any kind. The Navy certainly taught him a lot.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline The Weazle

• Weird...
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2014, 01:32:08 PM »
Spaghetti carbonara in Sicily.  Also Pizza in Sicily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sexually deprived for your Freedom!
Beer, It's not just for breakfast anymore!

I have a B.S. in B.S.

Online Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2014, 01:45:52 PM »
Spend five days of getting bug-bitten and eating only rice, deer jerky, and some berries on and around Profanity Peak area.  You will think a ZIPs bacon double hamburger and iced diet coke is heaven-on-earth. 
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline superdown

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2014, 02:25:47 PM »
Years ago I killed a deer wayyyyy back in the Alpine Lakes. Spent 8 hours packing the deer and my camp out. Drove straight into Cle Elum and bought a lime slushy and a cheeseburger at Dairy Queen. Thats was pretty dang good... :chuckle:

As for real food, the redder the better, Ahi anywhere, and I had a ribeye at the Northern Rim of the Grandcanyon that was rediculous. Also the ribeye at Boddy Flays Mesa resturant in Vegas is pretty dang good.
This reminded me of getting back to the truck and sitting next to the river in below freezing temps after about 7 hours of hunting in the ne during the late whitetail hunt and having some hot Campbell's cream of mushroom soup out of the thermos and a nice hard roll.It was some of the best soup i have ever had :tup:

Offline wildmanoutdoors

• Sourdough
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2014, 03:14:50 PM »
Can ya really beat Crème brûlée?
Crab cakes for dinner and Crème brûlée for dessert. 

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »
We had some fresh elk steaks at elk camp that were pretty awesome. Butchered up the yearling elk that morning and ate the seasoned steaks that were slow cooked over an open flame. Dang tasty
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline 92xj

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »
We had some fresh elk steaks at elk camp that were pretty awesome. Butchered up the yearling elk that morning and ate the seasoned steaks that were slow cooked over an open flame. Dang tasty

Those were in my top three of things I've had since moving out west. Were tasty for sure!
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2014, 06:23:22 PM »
*CENSORED*
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline Jimmybelltown

• Hunter
  • So lucky to live in the PNW
    • belltownpizza
  • Groups: DU,RMEF,BCHA
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2014, 09:00:23 PM »
Rib-eye med rare-fresh king crab with a ton of butter-scalloped potatoes-grilled asparagus.
happy place.

Online wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2014, 09:38:20 PM »
Fried Spam-n-eggs on a cold morning in the duck blind  :chuckle: well I'm planning it for next Saturday and every day in the blind. It's  :tup: or  :puke: depends on who is hunting with me-- :chuckle:
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Reidus
[Today at 02:20:11 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw