collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Need input from you pros!  (Read 4260 times)

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: Need input from you pros!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 11:42:47 PM »
All great info so far....one thing you need to have when hunting big blacktail is patience patience patience....when season opens up sneak in there  and spend every day possible in there...be quiet and stay hidden...you never know when that big buck will show up...you can try and pattern them but good luck....the best I have done to pattern them is watch from a distance and see what area they enter and exit from....they may have 20 different trails in and out of the cut but there will be a "main" trail that they use...there is usually a corner that they will frequently come in and out of and the only way to know is scout from a distance....also I probably wouldn't spend much time in their bedding area...try to intercept them in between their bedding and feeding area...they feel comfortable in their beds you don't want to ruin that with your scent in there constantly

Plus, their beds are usually places humans should not go (unless you love thick nasty crap and devils club).

Offline raydog

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF
Re: Need input from you pros!
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »
Well if they will be doing the same I should be able to tag one if I shoot strait :tup:. Going to check my cameras again tomorrow hopefully they continue the pattern. Took them 2 days after i set the cam up to find the grain and block, They worked hard to polish off most of the grain and chewed on the block pretty good. I had one day of inactivity after most of the grain was gone. I reset the cam and dumped 50 more pounds of grain last saturday so hopefully they are showing off for the cam again. This is pretty dam addicting I do have to say!!!

If you are planning to hunt it, I would try to stay out of the area as much as possible. Keep it as "safe" feeling as you can. The more you go in there and make noise, leave smells the more wary they might get. I would give the cameras at least a few weeks in between checking them. I know its hard to wait but if you want to hunt the area, that is what I would recommend.  :twocents:
:yeah:
I have made this mistake too many times already :bash:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]