collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Collecting Goods from an Unresponsive Taxi  (Read 33522 times)

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: Collecting Goods from an Unresponsive Taxi
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 06:38:25 PM »
This is to funny :mor:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2014, 06:45:42 PM »

Reading the above posts, I have some serious concerns. So much, that I have now deleted my account on Hunting Washington.

I do not know who the “female” taxidermist is mentioned in the post, but do want to share a couple of terms with the members, moderators, and owners of this group.

“Assault”: 1) v. the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger. The assaulter must be reasonably capable of carrying through the attack. Assault is both a criminal wrong, for which one may be charged and tried, and civil wrong for which the target may sue for damages due to the assault, including for mental distress.

“Conspiracy”: n. when people work together by agreement to commit an illegal act. A conspiracy may exist when the parties use legal means to accomplish an illegal result, or to use illegal means to achieve something that in itself is lawful. To prove a conspiracy those involved must have agreed to the plan before all the actions have been taken, or it is just a series of independent illegal acts. A conspiracy can be criminal for planning and carrying out illegal activities, or give rise to a civil lawsuit for damages by someone injured by the conspiracy.

“Slander”: 1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander, which is oral defamation. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity (like a newspaper, magazine or political organization) open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie. Publication need only be to one person, but it must be a statement which claims to be fact and is not clearly identified as an opinion. While it is sometimes said that the person making the libelous statement must have been intentional and malicious, actually it need only be obvious that the statement would do harm and is untrue. Proof of malice, however, does allow a party defamed to sue for general damages for damage to reputation, while an inadvertent libel limits the damages to actual harm (such as loss of business) called special damages. Libel per se involves statements so vicious that malice is assumed and does not require a proof of intent to get an award of general damages. Libel against the reputation of a person who has died will allow surviving members of the family to bring an action for damages. Most states provide for a party defamed by a periodical to demand a published retraction.

As I said, I do not know who the taxidermist you mention is, but being a female could generate a discrimination charge by the public, and by the post’s on this forum, I do have serious concerns that members are close to, if not have already crossed into one or more of the above.  As I read the agreement that we all agreed to upon joining Hunting Washington, it appears that members have violated that agreement. Threatening to poison her with jerky strips is in my opinion is well over the line. There may be some debate about this forum’s owner’s responsibilities, and the individual user’s responsibilities. I would like to also add the following: “Anonymity of the internet increases the willingness and boldness of an individual to criticize. Some supporters contend that internet content is protected by Free Speech and that all comments online should be protected. On the other hand, libel can be proven in a similar manner as libel outside the realm of the internet. The balance comes between “protecting free speech and protecting against defamation.”” Can you sue people you don’t know? What about owners of forums/website who maintain anonymity? Turns out, you don’t need to know their names in order to sue.
“Libel lawsuits have been leveled against individuals, both known and anonymous; against the bloggers who let others post comments on their blogs.”

To serve a lawsuit, plaintiffs use the SLAPP, or “”strategic lawsuit against public participation.” The lawsuit is filed against a “John Doe” and John Doe’s identity is pursued by subpoenaing the Internet Service Provider. This always doesn’t work, although sometimes the identity of the anonymous libeler can be made public. Another option available to a judge is to force the shutdown of the website or forum.

Again, in my opinion, I do think there is enough evidence here, and elsewhere on this forum, that the owner, and moderators should take notice, and take corrective action.

Therefore, I am removing myself, and will be forwarding print screens of the posts here to my local newspaper and media. I am unsure which jurisdiction would have the criminal means to address the issues I raise, but hope the media could help with that question as well. In my opinion, an apology should be made to the individual, and the posts be immediately removed. And I hope no harm comes to the person in the posts in the meantime.

Please clarify your accusation that threats were made to poison the taxidermist with pepperoni??
I can name a few guys who could verify there is nothing poisonous about Plat's pepperoni. Coach? RT? Karl? Chris? Is it really poisonous?

I see no slander here. Nobody has been named.

I see no conspiracy by your definition. Nothing illegal at all whatsoever has been done, even if names were named.....and they weren't.

Assault? Do tell...please.

Who would file the lawsuit that you seem to be threatening us with?
This is clearly said "taxi" a friend of the taxi or a troll. Otherwise it's a coward to start a new account and not use their existing account.  :twocents:

It is unclear to me which taxi you are referring to.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2014, 06:46:36 PM »

Reading the above posts, I have some serious concerns. So much, that I have now deleted my account on Hunting Washington.

I do not know who the “female” taxidermist is mentioned in the post, but do want to share a couple of terms with the members, moderators, and owners of this group.

“Assault”: 1) v. the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger. The assaulter must be reasonably capable of carrying through the attack. Assault is both a criminal wrong, for which one may be charged and tried, and civil wrong for which the target may sue for damages due to the assault, including for mental distress.

“Conspiracy”: n. when people work together by agreement to commit an illegal act. A conspiracy may exist when the parties use legal means to accomplish an illegal result, or to use illegal means to achieve something that in itself is lawful. To prove a conspiracy those involved must have agreed to the plan before all the actions have been taken, or it is just a series of independent illegal acts. A conspiracy can be criminal for planning and carrying out illegal activities, or give rise to a civil lawsuit for damages by someone injured by the conspiracy.

“Slander”: 1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander, which is oral defamation. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity (like a newspaper, magazine or political organization) open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie. Publication need only be to one person, but it must be a statement which claims to be fact and is not clearly identified as an opinion. While it is sometimes said that the person making the libelous statement must have been intentional and malicious, actually it need only be obvious that the statement would do harm and is untrue. Proof of malice, however, does allow a party defamed to sue for general damages for damage to reputation, while an inadvertent libel limits the damages to actual harm (such as loss of business) called special damages. Libel per se involves statements so vicious that malice is assumed and does not require a proof of intent to get an award of general damages. Libel against the reputation of a person who has died will allow surviving members of the family to bring an action for damages. Most states provide for a party defamed by a periodical to demand a published retraction.

As I said, I do not know who the taxidermist you mention is, but being a female could generate a discrimination charge by the public, and by the post’s on this forum, I do have serious concerns that members are close to, if not have already crossed into one or more of the above.  As I read the agreement that we all agreed to upon joining Hunting Washington, it appears that members have violated that agreement. Threatening to poison her with jerky strips is in my opinion is well over the line. There may be some debate about this forum’s owner’s responsibilities, and the individual user’s responsibilities. I would like to also add the following: “Anonymity of the internet increases the willingness and boldness of an individual to criticize. Some supporters contend that internet content is protected by Free Speech and that all comments online should be protected. On the other hand, libel can be proven in a similar manner as libel outside the realm of the internet. The balance comes between “protecting free speech and protecting against defamation.”” Can you sue people you don’t know? What about owners of forums/website who maintain anonymity? Turns out, you don’t need to know their names in order to sue.
“Libel lawsuits have been leveled against individuals, both known and anonymous; against the bloggers who let others post comments on their blogs.”

To serve a lawsuit, plaintiffs use the SLAPP, or “”strategic lawsuit against public participation.” The lawsuit is filed against a “John Doe” and John Doe’s identity is pursued by subpoenaing the Internet Service Provider. This always doesn’t work, although sometimes the identity of the anonymous libeler can be made public. Another option available to a judge is to force the shutdown of the website or forum.

Again, in my opinion, I do think there is enough evidence here, and elsewhere on this forum, that the owner, and moderators should take notice, and take corrective action.

Therefore, I am removing myself, and will be forwarding print screens of the posts here to my local newspaper and media. I am unsure which jurisdiction would have the criminal means to address the issues I raise, but hope the media could help with that question as well. In my opinion, an apology should be made to the individual, and the posts be immediately removed. And I hope no harm comes to the person in the posts in the meantime.

Please clarify your accusation that threats were made to poison the taxidermist with pepperoni??
I can name a few guys who could verify there is nothing poisonous about Plat's pepperoni. Coach? RT? Karl? Chris? Is it really poisonous?

I see no conspiracy by your definition. Nothing illegal at all whatsoever has been done, even if names were named.....and they weren't.

This is clearly said "taxi" a friend of the taxi or a troll. Otherwise it's a coward to start a new account and not use their existing account.  :twocents:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Button Nubbs

• "Fish CSI"
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2014, 06:46:53 PM »
Just poppin some 'corn.
Team nubby!

Offline D-Rock425

• Explorer
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »
stang your stuff is officially gone now.  taxi is more pissed now than before.  h2o when are we skydiving?

Offline turkeyfeather

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NWTF
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »

I wasn't referring to any taxi in particular as one was never mentioned in this thread. I was just referring to the fact that it could be said unnamed taxi that only the op knows who it is.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is who you actually are while your reputation is merely who others think you are.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2014, 06:50:17 PM »
10-4

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2014, 06:56:39 PM »
I am still giggling about the poison pepperoni.

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2014, 06:59:41 PM »
Here's what you need to do. Send her a care package of Plat's pepperoni sticks. That should keep her "busy" for 2-3 days and in the mean time you can plan a covert ops to retrieve your goods.  :chuckle:

Is this the quote that is quoted in the other thread as a threat? What a friggin' joke. Anyone that has been on here for more than a year would know that is a running joke. How is that a threat, unless they shat themselves to death?

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2014, 07:05:31 PM »
This could be a good one :chuckle:

sent from my typewriter

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline gasman

• Old Salt
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2014, 07:27:26 PM »
Im not going to go through all the posts gain, but where or who mentioned it was a "female" taxi  :dunno:

I dont recall a "female" being mentioned, until the  :stirthepot: posted
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2014, 07:43:32 PM »
Tag

Offline mkcj

• Sourdough
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2014, 07:55:03 PM »
I personally have had about enough of this subject if it's the same Taxi were talking about, and really feel bad for SO MANY of you that put your faith in this person to preserve your trophy, only to be screwed over. Has anyone called the BBB? maybe they can be of some help.

Offline Mark Brenckle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2014, 08:17:54 PM »
Just checked the BBB site, not accredited and no complaints in the last 3 years... final score of A.

Offline D-Rock425

• Explorer
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2014, 08:22:15 PM »
shes probably not on angieslist

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal