collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Skunked again!! (Willapa hills)  (Read 2592 times)

Offline 1bowhunter1

• WORK?
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Skunked again!! (Willapa hills)
« on: December 07, 2008, 01:19:11 PM »
Zpoolman and I worked ower tails of for tha last 3 days and did'nt even see a freak'n Elk... alls we seen in 3 days was 1 doe and 3 grouse.  The doe was at about 400yrds away.  Every thing was wrong.  The weather felt like the bad weather temps in the summer time!!  I keep asking zpoolman are you sure its DEC.  It started raining just today, is'nt that how it work?  Any good reciepes for tag soup?  I swear I have never worked so hard for elk in my life.  It makes me ? hunting all together!!  Just kidding, we had a really great time the weather was great (NOT 4 HUNTING) And the wife went and was the best camp cook you could ever ask for, not to mention a great shoulder to cry on.  We put in the miles and the effort and No LUCK!!  Next time...
The wife said if I go hunting 1 more time, she's going 2 leave me!!  Gosh I'm gonna miss her.

Offline Charlie

• Past Sponsor
  • Longhunter
Re: Skunked again!! (Willapa hills)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 01:29:06 PM »
Sounds like you had a great time all in all. Sorry to hear you didn't put meat in the freezer though. For the most part the weather just has not been in our favor. It does make for a good camping experience.  :( At least you were able to get out and give it an honest effort. I prefer a Tag pastry to soup. It goes well with some Humble Pie.  :chuckle:

We put in the miles and the effort
"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail"

Offline 1bowhunter1

• WORK?
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 01:49:44 PM »
Thats funny..."pastry"  Ya it was great time.  I was in the deepest darkest timber that I could find...my legs feel like jelly I have lost feeling in my left foot, sticker scratces any where you could think of...yes there also!  Zpoolman is 3 yrs older now!!  LOL.  I will be able to tie my shoes when the back goes back into place.  Needless to say we put in work. 
The wife said if I go hunting 1 more time, she's going 2 leave me!!  Gosh I'm gonna miss her.

Offline MIKEXRAY

• Sourdough
  • Bowhunter east side. Kayak Fishing cascade lakes.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 06:21:29 PM »
I also got skunked after hunting hard late season. The worst thing is I passed on an easy shot at a cow during early season because I had a bull permit. Then hunting my ass off late season trying to kill a cow.  >:( stupid. I have not taken any elk with my bow and should of shot that cow, will think about it all year. Heard a good saying on a hunting show " don't pass up the first day any animal that you would shoot on the last day ". Glad you had fun. Mike

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]