collapse

Advertisement

Poll

Do you think this will have an inpact on hunter recruitment/retention?

Yes
27 (37.5%)
No
45 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: November 05, 2014, 09:09:02 AM

Author Topic: Migratory Waterfowl Stamp from $15 to $25  (Read 13629 times)

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Migratory Waterfowl Stamp from $15 to $25
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2014, 01:13:28 PM »
Well hdshot, I guess everyone can't be as bright as you.  :chuckle:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline irishevox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: n/a
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2014, 01:45:43 PM »
 :yeah: :chuckle:
Member:  YKWTSASFFRO (The young Buck)

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 04:08:33 PM »
Well hdshot, I guess everyone can't be as bright as you.  :chuckle:

Well, not bright enough to try and speak for everyone.
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline BiggLuke

• Grouse Hunting Enthusiast
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
  • This site is very amusing
  • Groups: DU, NRA, Ruffed Grouse Society, Costal Conservation Society
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2014, 05:14:34 PM »
@Hdshot..... 
yes, I am fully aware of the history, good intensions, and actually spending of said stamp money.
I was born and raised as a duck hunter, and most years buy a second stamp because I know, for the most part, the money is managed accordingly.
I have also been a life long supporter of the Idea of Ducks Unlimited.

I am very well versed in the subject... my question was simple though, it just seems odd that the lions share of habitat preservation MONEY come's from americans.... but only a small percentage of the acual harvested birds are born in america.
I was just wondering why we don't spend more of the stamp tax money up in canada.
Stan Marsh: "My Uncle Jimbo says we gotta get up there early. Right Uncle Jimbo?"

Jimbo: "That's right, Stanley. Animals are much easier to shoot in the morning."

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2014, 12:10:39 PM »
@Hdshot..... 
yes, I am fully aware of the history, good intensions, and actually spending of said stamp money.
I was born and raised as a duck hunter, and most years buy a second stamp because I know, for the most part, the money is managed accordingly.
I have also been a life long supporter of the Idea of Ducks Unlimited.

I am very well versed in the subject... my question was simple though, it just seems odd that the lions share of habitat preservation MONEY come's from americans.... but only a small percentage of the acual harvested birds are born in america.
I was just wondering why we don't spend more of the stamp tax money up in canada.

Canada has their own stamp.  Unfortunately they have not done well over the years to promote their sport for US hunters to buy their stamps.  Many laws with the gun register that is not a big deal but just another hoop and something goes wrong in losing paper work in their country the hunter could be in trouble just for a shotgun.  Now have to have passports to cross the border.  U.S. doesn't help because the hunter has to declare their hunting firearms are from the US to bring it back from Canada which is more paper work the hunter better not lose.  Just a lot more than buying a non resident hunting license with high gas prices. 

IMO would just like the money to stay in the states because who knows what would happen to the money if we just handed it over to another government.  We have plenty of reasons to put that money to use down here.  On the other hand I don't know if our stamp money goes up there or not which does not sound like it does in your first question.     
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline irishevox

• Sourdough
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2014, 12:30:13 PM »
i am with keeping the $$$ in the states you want to give it to Canada get out of america and become a canadian!  We imporve our habitats and maybe we will get more ducks and geese to make it a permit place to live.  I say use it for the U.S....... some people make me sick!!!  >:(

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2014, 01:36:20 PM »
OK Irish, get the blood pressure back down!
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline irishevox

• Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2014, 01:48:45 PM »
ok  ok....  :o

Offline thequickfox

• Village Idiot
  • Tracker
  • Have gun will travel
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2014, 04:42:38 PM »
I understand the need for the increase and that it has been a long time since it was increased.  However for those that are on a limited budget or fixed income the increase could be a burden.  their are those that struggle to come up with the license fees each year to hunt and they rely on hunting to supplement their diets. 
Friends don't let friends eat store bought meat

Offline Tealer

• Longhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2014, 07:19:36 PM »

I understand the need for the increase and that it has been a long time since it was increased.  However for those that are on a limited budget or fixed income the increase could be a burden.  their are those that struggle to come up with the license fees each year to hunt and they rely on hunting to supplement their diets.

Really? I mean you figure by the time you add up the cost duck meat is more expensive then buying your average steak. I'm not sure we live in a world where hunting is to provide anymore. Now it's a hobby.

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2014, 07:30:19 PM »
Do not forget where you live ! Water fowl hunting is not a cheap thing to do anyway ..So again they have you by the --ts . They just the cost of a box of shells can break a man  :chuckle: It all is getting to be a joke ..We are loosing more and more places to hunt and they have these game ranges and expect everyone to use them . How can you hunt with a bunch of sky busting morons ?  :yike:

Offline JJD

• Past Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, DU
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »
Lessee, $10, That just about 2.6 gal of gas.  About enough to get my truck and duck boat to the end of the driveway.  (now before some clown decides to point out that my truck must have a big fuel leak somewhere or that I have an extremely long driveway, I'm just sayin $10 aint much these days.)

The $10 is not an issue.  What is at issue is how the $$ are being spent.  If you want something to run as inefficiently as humanly possible, let the Fed government run it.  State and local gov are pretty much peas in a pod.
Spent most of my $$ on huntin, fishin & retrievin dogs, the rest I just pretty much wasted.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2014, 02:30:34 PM »

Where I would normally agree about the government getting their hands in almost anything and screwing it up JJD, they've done a good job with migratory fowl under the treaty. Lots of stamp money goes into those refuges and habitat improvement. I can't think of a private organization I'd trust with it. Too many agendas in private business and the government's mandate with regards to these funds is very clear.

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2014, 02:40:29 PM »

Where I would normally agree about the government getting their hands in almost anything and screwing it up JJD, they've done a good job with migratory fowl under the treaty. Lots of stamp money goes into those refuges and habitat improvement. I can't think of a private organization I'd trust with it. Too many agendas in private business and the government's mandate with regards to these funds is very clear.

Like I mentioned earlier, tally up the total cost to hunt migratory and you are looking at like $75 for small game, validation and stamp. I would be fine with the increased price if they took away the stupid validation that you have to buy on top of small game. At least I know the stamp is going somewhere that supports that birds I am pursuing and not just into the black hole that is our state's general fund.  :twocents:
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline goosewhacker

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2014, 03:59:16 PM »
Personally, I don't mind the extra $10, but when does this start? Still $15 Saturday.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal