collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Does this mean no Access whatsoever or no motorized vehicles?  (Read 5001 times)

Offline gaolista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Does this mean no Access whatsoever or no motorized vehicles?
« on: August 18, 2014, 03:52:48 PM »
we were out scouting the other day and saw this sign and were wondering if this means absolutely no human access past the gate or no motor vehicles.  without the red sign we were fairly certain it meant no motor vehicles and that we could walk in, but with the red sign it makes it sound like there is no human access beyond the gates.  Are we understanding this correctly?

Offline rover758

• Hunter
Re: Does this mean no Access whatsoever or no motorized vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 03:56:39 PM »
My "opinion" is the (new?) red sign trumps the established sign and you have to stay out, period.  When in doubt there are two phone numbers and an internet site to call/check.
SMSgt, USAF, Ret
1976 - 1997
** Due to the rising cost of ammo warning shots will not be fired **
** All I ask is for the chance to prove that money can't make me happy (S. Milligan) **

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 03:59:46 PM »
Yes, definitely means no access in any way.

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 04:42:10 PM »

Yes, definitely means no access in any way.

:yeah:
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:10:57 PM »
Land Closed Due to Extreme Fire Danger

Port Blakely Tree Farms | August 12, 2014

Prolonged hot and dry weather conditions coupled with forecasted lightning has raised the risk of forest fires in the region. Until further notice, PORT BLAKELY TREE FARMS' forestland in Washington and Oregon is closed to ALL public access. This closure applies to foot, horse, motorized and any other form of access.

While we regret any inconvenience this may cause to recreational users, our decision to prohibit access reflects our priorities: safety and the protection of our forests. Port Blakely employees and security officials are monitoring the weather conditions and unauthorized access.

This closure to all traffic is temporary. Regular allowable access will be permitted once the risk of forest fires decreases and forest conditions are considered safe.

To report fires call 911.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 05:23:01 PM »
From what I am hearing this is going to be a problem in many many places  :bash: :dunno:

Offline gaolista

• Tracker
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 06:11:28 PM »

Prolonged hot and dry weather conditions coupled with forecasted lightning has raised the risk of forest fires in the region. Until further notice, PORT BLAKELY TREE FARMS' forestland in Washington and Oregon is closed to ALL public access. This closure applies to foot, horse, motorized and any other form of access.

While we regret any inconvenience this may cause to recreational users, our decision to prohibit access reflects our priorities: safety and the protection of our forests. Port Blakely employees and security officials are monitoring the weather conditions and unauthorized access.

This closure to all traffic is temporary. Regular allowable access will be permitted once the risk of forest fires decreases and forest conditions are considered safe.

thanks for the report.  for some reason i can't find the right info.  I went to their website and still couldn't find it.
Do you guys think this will persist thru the start of early archery? 

Is this also the case for weyerhauser land in Winston currently?  Are all the weyerhauser gates closed to all traffic, on foot or otherwise?  I went to their website and called some phone number that was supposedly an update, but got the run around and never found any current info.  I know the permit situation, but am looking at the north end of the unit where you don't need a permit.

any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance

Offline Fullabull

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 07:08:37 PM »
That sign means stay out, period! Don't want to get caught in there...

Offline bowjunkie

• Hunter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 08:22:37 PM »
closed stay out!!! 
seems like your trying to find huntable land use this for your GPS http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/hunt-washington-garmin-gps        or use gohuntwa maps

good luck!

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39:05 AM »

thanks for the report.  for some reason i can't find the right info.  I went to their website and still couldn't find it.
Do you guys think this will persist thru the start of early archery? 

Is this also the case for weyerhauser land in Winston currently?  Are all the weyerhauser gates closed to all traffic, on foot or otherwise?  I went to their website and called some phone number that was supposedly an update, but got the run around and never found any current info.  I know the permit situation, but am looking at the north end of the unit where you don't need a permit.

any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
On the Port Blakely website, click on the News tab top right, it is the top story there.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline zackmioli

• Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 09:17:10 PM »
Port blakelys website then the "public access" tab. Or just google port blakely public access.

Those signs definitely mean stay out.

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 09:22:43 PM »

Let me translate this for you... We really don't give a crap about you archery hunters, in fact, most of us rifle hunt so when we can keep you guys out, our hunting is better, so bummer for you!     :peep:   :chuckle:

Offline MuleDeer

• Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/474272479287506/
  • Groups: Mule Deer Foundation-Life Member, NRA-Life Member, NWTF-Life Member
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 10:27:20 PM »

Let me translate this for you... We really don't give a crap about you archery hunters, in fact, most of us rifle hunt so when we can keep you guys out, our hunting is better, so bummer for you!     :peep:   :chuckle:

Or, it could mean there is an extreme fire danger right now, and the danger is more pronounced due to the negligence of a few.  Not everything is a conspiracy...just my opinion.
"We didn't inherit this earth from our fore fathers, we're borrowing it from our children."

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 08:57:14 AM »
Get over yourself, it was a joke.  Obviously fire danger is extreme.....   :bash:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]