collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Idaho second tag discount  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Idaho second tag discount
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:37:11 AM »
Just took advantage of Idaho's discount for non resident second tag prices on deer and elk tags and purchased a second deer tag for my hunt there this year. I figured I'd rather give the $199 to Idaho than to Weyerhauser or Rayonier to hunt at home since I already had a trip to Idaho planned. Second elk tags are 299, but I really don't need a second elk. One will be plenty if I get it.

https://fishandgame.idaho.gov/content/tagdiscount

I'm also going to pass on the any season permit for elk I drew in Washington this year. Someone else may end up with it, but it's the only way to show the State of Washington my displeasure for allowing logging companies to charge access fees. My plan is to scale back my hunting and tag and draw purchasing in Washington until paying to hunt goes away. By allowing it, the State has made it way more cost effective to hunt out of State. I will continue to hunt deer and grouse in Washington, to hunt with friends and family there, but I'm done with everything else for now, except possibly putting in for my once in a lifetime moose permit.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline jjhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
Re: Idaho second tag discount
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 12:27:58 PM »
When I was in college, I used to have to buy 2 Idaho deer tags just so  I could hunt neighboring units in the Panhandle!  The new system is much nicer.

I will be hunting on my second deer tag in 8 more days!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 12:32:13 PM »
I love the discounted tags, I hope to buy a second elk tag if I tag out the first couple days of my hunt. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 12:37:43 PM »
I will be buying a second deer tag as usual. I'm really happy they reduced the price.

sent from my typewriter

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 12:53:24 PM »
I like it! I just might have to try to do an Idaho hunt next year.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 12:56:56 PM »
Make sure you all pick up a wolf tag while your at it!
I want a deer tag in idaho bad but decided they have enough of my money this year already.  :chuckle:

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 03:26:14 PM »
I like it! I just might have to try to do an Idaho hunt next year.

Let me know Bob. you're welcome to join me.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 03:53:31 PM »
Yes, I wonder what effect this will have on multi-season deer tags in WA...since I already buy Idaho tags and hunt there every year its going to be tough to pay $140 for a ms tag in Wa and still only get one deer, when for $50 more I can just get a 2nd Idaho deer tag.   :IBCOOL:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »
Yes, I wonder what effect this will have on multi-season deer tags in WA...since I already buy Idaho tags and hunt there every year its going to be tough to pay $140 for a ms tag in Wa and still only get one deer, when for $50 more I can just get a 2nd Idaho deer tag.   :IBCOOL:

You'll save that in gas if you hunt both Idaho deer in the same area. I figured fuel and access permits in Washington made the extra Idaho tag a no brainer.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 12:48:06 PM »
good point! And especially good if you can pull a controlled hunt as first tag and hunt otc in your reguLr areas as well.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal