collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Peaches Ridge Tag  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Outdoorskindaguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Peaches Ridge Tag
« on: August 25, 2014, 07:54:22 PM »
i drew the Peaches Ridge Tag which starts 5 days before the general modern firearm season. I have never hunted in gmu 336 or 346 and was curious as to what it might be like up there before the general season starts? Is there generally a lot of people already up there? does the weather normally get nasty around the end of october? thank you for any insight. congratulations to those who also drew bull tags.

Offline Outdoorskindaguy

• Tracker
Re: Peaches Ridge Tag
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 08:24:36 PM »
yea. i plan on doing more scouting. i am hoping i can fill my tag during the 5 days before the army shows up on oct 25. either way it should be a lot of fun. thanks for insight.

Offline stealth

• Tracker
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 08:31:20 PM »
weather can get nasty but i didn't kill mine until the circus came to town sometimes it helps having people push them around keep at it and it could pay off  good luck :tup:

Offline scoutdog346

• Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »
I had that tag in 2005 b4 I went to archery.  its a good tag but u got to work for it.  u will prob not fill ur tag rode hunting but if u get out and walk all day in the middle of the day and sit a good clear cut for the 1st 1.5 hours in the morning and the last 3 hours in the evening u will fill ur tag.  as for the evening hunt don't leave ur spot until 15min after legal hunting is over as 346 is close to the west side making it so u get atleast 10min more light then say in the 200s gmus. after the gen season starts go up in into wilderness. 

Offline Outdoorskindaguy

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 06:44:26 PM »
i was thinking about hunting 336 first. It doesnt have as much access as 346 so hopefully more elk will hang out there. im going to scout 336 Fri-Mon so ill see how it looks. Should be a good weekend for scouting as a weather front is moving in.

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 08:56:26 PM »
Please remember you got  plenty of archers getting ready to hunt . Guys that scout right before archery season  can blow elk out of a pattern that others have been working on. :twocents:
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline 4fletch

• Older than old
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 10:23:15 PM »
Also lots of archers spend a lot of money and time scouting.

Offline MattySuto

• Hunter
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 12:55:14 AM »
I drew a bull tag to... From walmart... They told me get in the woods and find the bulls.... Good luck !!!

Offline elkoholic1

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: elkoholic1
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 08:32:22 AM »
gets pretty crazy up there in general season looks like a pumpkin patch with all the orange thats out there id get in in between seasons before your tag a couple of days and try and find something cause once the general season people get in there its pretty much a zoo and any patterns you thought you had figured out pretty much go out the window  :twocents:

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 09:32:37 AM »
Please remember you got  plenty of archers getting ready to hunt . Guys that scout right before archery season  can blow elk out of a pattern that others have been working on. :twocents:

It isnt all about the archery hunters. They dont own the land. The op can scout whenever he feels like it.
:yeah: the joys of hunting public land. They need to get further from a road then. Cry me a river
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 10:20:17 AM »
Waste of time to scout now anyway, archery ends early this year. After archery the bulls will be bonzo, that's when I'd be scouting if I had that tag.  Just my  :twocents:
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Outdoorskindaguy

• Tracker
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »
i actually have decided to wait till after archery ends to scout 336 again, so i"m not out there atm, kind of slipped my mind that archery was already starting on the 2nd. personally i wouldnt want people running around a couple days before the season opened where i might be hunting. idk maybe im too nice of a guy. good luck to the guys with archery tags.

Offline ellensburgpo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, NWTF
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 07:29:59 PM »
i actually have decided to wait till after archery ends to scout 336 again, so i"m not out there atm, kind of slipped my mind that archery was already starting on the 2nd. personally i wouldnt want people running around a couple days before the season opened where i might be hunting. idk maybe im too nice of a guy. good luck to the guys with archery tags.

I wish more people had that attitude. I hope you get some good karma that pays off...
KCCO

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.
Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

Offline wheels

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 07:39:58 PM »
had it couple years ago snowed  6-8" ate tag but only hunted before general spooked  a 5pt  but being in chair only could road hunt hunted 346 only

Offline JBar

• The Family "Guide"
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »
Outdoors- while I don't agree others that you shouldn't scout during archery (though I would appreciate if scouting please don't do alot of calling) I do have to say since I have this tag also for archery your good sportsmanship does not go unnoticed! I will gladly share with you any Intel I acquire while on my hunt if you wish. I won't be hunting the 336 side but any help I can give you on 346 is yours. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in the info.

JBar
Shut up and Hunt!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal