collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: East/West Swap (Grouse)  (Read 1842 times)

Offline birdblastinboaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, BackCountryHunters/Anglers
East/West Swap (Grouse)
« on: August 30, 2014, 09:58:04 AM »
Okay...I have one bird left on my (but more importantly my dogs) Grouse buck list, the Spruce. I have been told that they are super easy to kill if you know where they are. Enter my predicament. I live on the West side, where we do not have Spruce Grouse. I have done a lot of research and think i have narrowed down a couple of general area's. ie district 1..6..and7. After talking with the district 1 biologist it sounds like there are some decent numbers up there. I have a 7 1/2 hr drive to get up to that district and only a few days to spend. I am not going to ask anyone to give me specifics or spots, instead i would like to purpose a swap... I have a great location over here on the west side for Mountain Quail and would be up for an info trade. If anyone's interested let me know. 

Offline Tiger1358

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
Re: East/West Swap (Grouse)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:08:08 AM »
Okay...I have one bird left on my (but more importantly my dogs) Grouse buck list, the Spruce. I have been told that they are super easy to kill if you know where they are. Enter my predicament. I live on the West side, where we do not have Spruce Grouse. I have done a lot of research and think i have narrowed down a couple of general area's. ie district 1..6..and7. After talking with the district 1 biologist it sounds like there are some decent numbers up there. I have a 7 1/2 hr drive to get up to that district and only a few days to spend. I am not going to ask anyone to give me specifics or spots, instead i would like to purpose a swap... I have a great location over here on the west side for Mountain Quail and would be up for an info trade. If anyone's interested let me know.

I have killed some by Stevens Pass last year. The area that I went was just full of spruce grouse, if it's not far from you let me know

Offline GrampasGuns

• Scout
  • Groups: WWA, DU, RGS, NWTF
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »
There are without a doubt spruce grouse on the west side. Dont give up hope
The deer are exactly where you find them, and no where you dont!

Offline BiggLuke

• Grouse Hunting Enthusiast
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
  • This site is very amusing
  • Groups: DU, NRA, Ruffed Grouse Society, Costal Conservation Society
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 06:52:14 PM »
nope, theres not
Stan Marsh: "My Uncle Jimbo says we gotta get up there early. Right Uncle Jimbo?"

Jimbo: "That's right, Stanley. Animals are much easier to shoot in the morning."

Offline tomq04

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 02:39:20 PM »
I feel like someone is telling the truth

Offline merkelman

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 03:55:27 PM »
Try north of lake chelan