collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: friendly hunters dropped by  (Read 10804 times)

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
Re: friendly hunters dropped by
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 10:35:21 AM »
Gasman, why would they applaud this action, anti-bowhunting?

Honestly, its because there are some on here that are always complaining about hunters setting up camp early or leaving a dummy camp to "save there spot". They are happy to show there dismay of this type of action, even in the back country.

Oh please. This is an example of maliciuos criminal activity of a clearly occupied campsite. Thats not a dummy camp. I'd a shot em if I caught them doing that to a camp, mine or anyone elses.
Dummy camp or  (THIS ONE DEFINATELY) not I see gasmans point. it sucks this kind of thing can happen, and sorry to see it did. One question.... any idea about the damaged tree?
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline DRobnsn

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 11:09:52 AM »
Unbelievable, those nut jobs need a lesson the law won't provide.

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 01:20:58 PM »
Unbelievable, those nut jobs need a lesson the law won't provide.

Agree.  This isn't a one time, kids on a lark acting out who made a poor choice in the spur of the moment.  I guarantee this incident is just another selfish, criminal act by the bunch that did it.  If they were apprehended tomorrow and their lives studied, I double dog guarantee you they've been pieces of crap for years.  These are the same a-holes who throw their bags of trash along side the road and dump their ratty pieces of furniture on any available turnout.  I always think I'd like to go through the trash bag, find an address, and smash the garbage sack (with a few added items) through their living room window and yell "I think you may have lost this on the road".  UGHH.. I hope these morons aren't reproducing.  Sorry to hear about these mental midgets ruining your camp and probably your hunt.  There is NO REASON anybody should touch your property, at your residence or, on NF land.  A good cattle prod on max power up their hoo ha is what they need.       
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline TheHunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 09:12:25 AM »
If you had a camera to take those pictures.. Did you get a picture of the rig or them?  You said you saw them and they were shooting... 
275 down 2

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 09:22:24 AM »
Were you occupying this camp or was it a "dummy camp" so to speak set up and left to come back to later?  Not justifying it at all what they did.  Its aweful what they did.  What if you were to have returned while they were doing it.  I am sure it would have went ugly very very fast.   

Just curious if they had a motive rather than just being downright malicious.

Offline rover758

• Hunter
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 03:37:20 PM »
I gotta agree with Elkoholic.  Dummy or not it just ain't right and it's probably a criminal offense.  Every week since the 4th of July I went up the 1709 to the 1791 and since the 4th there were 3 dummy camps set up on the 1709 where the 340 and the 336 cross it.  Did it chap my jaws because I wanted to camp there?  Yes.   :bash:  I imagine I could have gotten my trailer in there anyway because I was there starting the 29th and even with my 33-foot trailer I would have left enough room for the little tents that were there.   :IBCOOL:  On the 31st around mid-day the dummy camps were still there and were okay when I passed them.  (Except for the larger retangular tent that was collapsing due to rain water that had collected on roof.)   :chuckle: Okay ... obviously I don't like dummy camps but I think there was another thread on that subject.  Live and let live and go find another place to camp.

Much of the shooting on the 3st was down lower in the gravel pit (non-hunters 3 or 4 guys and a couple gals with a baby).  I know because I was there practicing with my bow and I talked to them.  They had everything from handguns to AR to shotguns and had some sort of explosive liquid in milk jugs that sounded like a cannon when they hit it.  During the weekend there were 2 kids (looked to be 14 or 15) and they both had .22 rifles and were plinking with them right above where one of my tree stand spots were just below the 1709.  Did I like it?  No!   :bash: :bash:  Did they have every much right to be there as I did?  Yes.  And yes ... when the season opened on Tuesday there was some jackwagon up the 1791 popping off repeatedly with a gun and whoever was shooting up there moved around to various lines.  >:( >:( >:(   I don't remember who started the jackwagon thread but they nailed it.
SMSgt, USAF, Ret
1976 - 1997
** Due to the rising cost of ammo warning shots will not be fired **
** All I ask is for the chance to prove that money can't make me happy (S. Milligan) **

Offline yajsab

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 06:09:34 PM »
We didn't fully set up the camp since we need to go back home.  We came back on 9/1 and saw what happened. 

We did not put up any camera.  The tree at the camp site was shot.  It may or may not be the people that destroyed our camp.  But the beer can IS for sure. 

We never had any problem with all the hunters in that area.  So I don't think there is a motive to do this to our camp.

One of my friend in a different camp told me that the person doing the shooting to scare the elks talked to him because of some other hunters and him confronted each other about the salt lick.  We all heard the shots up and down the road.  We know what camp he's in.  But it's ok.  He's new to the area cause we hunted that area for so long.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Deadeyety
[Today at 05:12:44 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:12:42 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]