collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: hello to all. newbie here seeking advice for GMU 627, 633 or 624.  (Read 3447 times)

Offline mrstorms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
(I just copied this from the last place I posted it.) hello to all. this site is the greatest thing i have found in a hot minute. to start off with, I have had my hunters license for 2 and a half years and this season will be the first time I will be here to actually be able to hunt. I am aiming for archery this year in GMU 627, 633, or 624 but i will also attempt a modern firearm season if i do not succeed. in all honesty the only skills i have in regards to hunting is the ability to shoot. i have field dressed a goat before (yes i know its not a deer... lol) so i know i am not uncomfortable with the blood or the smell. i am not here to ask for you to hold my hand through the process (would be nice though. lol just kidding) or for you to show me your secret spot that you've been scouting all year, but i am asking for the general information that the hunters course doesn't provide. all in all, i am just really hoping for is someone to say, hey, this is where most people hunt in this area just park your truck here and good luck, don't get lost or yes its alright to hunt in this area or hey, you might want to pack this at a bare minimum if you are gonna try this. anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this (if you get to this point atleast). hope you have a nice day.

Offline Still Learning

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: NRA, GHSC
Re: hello to all. newbie here seeking advice for GMU 627, 633 or 624.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 12:02:58 PM »
I would love to help you as we are in the same area, but unfortunately I am in a similar sittuation.  I grew up hunting elk with my dad in OR, but he always picked the units and applied for tags, I just did the leg work (being the kid and all).  Good luck finding someone to share info with you about local stuff, and if you are looking for another partner, I would love to tag along.

Offline mrstorms

• Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 06:45:33 PM »
I would love to help you as we are in the same area, but unfortunately I am in a similar situation.  I grew up hunting elk with my dad in OR, but he always picked the units and applied for tags, I just did the leg work (being the kid and all).  Good luck finding someone to share info with you about local stuff, and if you are looking for another partner, I would love to tag along.

I was able to find out about this logging company down in mason that leases their property for recreational use. this is their site https://greendiamond.com/recreation/ .I might not be able to get archery done this year but I might be able to get modern done, but I am not gonna hold my breath. I know I will be able to try again next year. what are you planning on hunting and with what?

Offline bmccalister

• Brent McCalister
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 07:09:48 PM »
I would be glad to help you out with 627 or 633, just give me a pm if interested.
IAFF Local F-282

Offline Still Learning

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: NRA, GHSC
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 12:07:55 PM »
I was able to find out about this logging company down in mason that leases their property for recreational use. this is their site https://greendiamond.com/recreation/ .I might not be able to get archery done this year but I might be able to get modern done, but I am not gonna hold my breath. I know I will be able to try again next year. what are you planning on hunting and with what?

I was looking at elk modern firearm this year.  I will be out of town for deer season.  Probably expanding more next year as long as my work schedule cooperates.  Probably going to get a cougar/bear tag too, just in case.

Offline wildmanoutdoors

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 12:23:24 PM »
Those GMU's arnt the best for Elk. Not bad for Deer though.
I hunt 624 for Deer and do well. Lots of good acess out over the Hood canal bridge.
Also, unless you draw a multi season you cant hunt archery and rifle in this state. You have to pick your poisen.

636, 638 and 618 would be a better option for Elk.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal