Remove all "Master Hunter" seasons for 460 and 4601
30 (25.4%)
Change "Master Hunter" Season to run during General Muzzle Loader season
3 (2.5%)
Limit "Master Hunters" to hunt only private land. No Public land or DNR
34 (28.8%)
Make "Master Hunters" Use Archery equipment only and wear Hunter Orange
3 (2.5%)
Im a "master hunter" leave my season alone.
48 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: How Many want "master Hunters" Out of North Bend, Snoq  (Read 28620 times)

Offline BAR C3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: How Many want "master Hunters" Out of North Bend, Snoq
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2014, 02:13:37 PM »
I keep hearing "state vetted hunter". Maybe you should read my earlier post. Or read the regulations for the tests. These are not "state vetted" other then a criminal background.
Anyone can witness your shooting other than a relative. The volunteer work, another joke, know a lot of farms that will sign that off as well.
To be "state vetted", it should be an advanced Hunter Ed. All should be managed by game department. Including qualifying with weapon every year with qualified instructor.
Or my personal choice of bagging it and allowing damage hunts to be drawn for older, young, and people who did not draw a tag.

It is "advanced hunter ed".  They should call it that instead of master hunter.  Try taking the test if you don't think education is involved.
CP, Where did I say there was no education? I would have no issue passing any of there tests.

I'm not a hypocrite and will be part of something I do not support. If it was truly a certification by certified instructors, I would.

Getting educated does not make them a better hunter. As I stated, I personally know two that were "Master Hunters" that got busted for poaching. They were dealt with swiftly as said. I have heard of others, but can only report on what I know 100%.
I also what to clarify as I did on my previous post, I'm not attacking the Master Hunters individually. Only the program!

Offline snowpack

• Frontiersman
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2014, 02:19:56 PM »
I keep hearing "state vetted hunter". Maybe you should read my earlier post. Or read the regulations for the tests. These are not "state vetted" other then a criminal background.
Anyone can witness your shooting other than a relative. The volunteer work, another joke, know a lot of farms that will sign that off as well.
To be "state vetted", it should be an advanced Hunter Ed. All should be managed by game department. Including qualifying with weapon every year with qualified instructor.
Or my personal choice of bagging it and allowing damage hunts to be drawn for older, young, and people who did not draw a tag.

It is "advanced hunter ed".  They should call it that instead of master hunter.  Try taking the test if you don't think education is involved.
In fact the program used to the called AHE - Advanced Hunter Education.

Most applicants study a minimum of 30 to 40 hours prior to the written the exam. Applicants can test twice. The pass rate on first attempts is less than 50 percent. It's not an easy exam.
I'm curious to know what is on this advanced test that gives less than 50% pass rate.  Can you throw a dog a bone here with an example or few?  Unless they grade for spelling and grammar, then I can see why it is so tough.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2014, 02:31:34 PM »
I'm curious to know what is on this advanced test that gives less than 50% pass rate.  Can you throw a dog a bone here with an example or few?  Unless they grade for spelling and grammar, then I can see why it is so tough.
There are quite a few materials provided to applicants that need to be studied in order to pass the exam.  A lot pertains to studies done of the public's perception of hunting and related topics.  It is much more than knowing how to hunt, regulations, etc.  It is 100 questions and spelling/grammar are not part of the exam.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline snowpack

• Frontiersman
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2014, 02:32:50 PM »
ahh, okay.

Online CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »
Here's a link to the study material

http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/masterhunter/links.html

Offline BAR C3

• Scout
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2014, 02:39:59 PM »
Damn it! I'm out.
I thought their was a section on herding....  :yike: :IBCOOL: :lol4:

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »

In fact the program used to the called AHE - Advanced Hunter Education.

Most applicants study a minimum of 30 to 40 hours prior to the written the exam. Applicants can test twice. The pass rate on first attempts is less than 50 percent. It's not an easy exam.

There's a lot of reading and comprehension. You'd be surprised at how many took Hunter Education 20 years ago and don't study it for the test - big part. Learning about conservation history and specific laws and bills other than just PR. I think a lot of the people who do fail the test do so because they underestimate the importance of studying every aspect of the course and memorizing certain stuff.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2014, 03:40:30 PM »

CP, Where did I say there was no education? I would have no issue passing any of there tests.

I'm not a hypocrite and will be part of something I do not support. If it was truly a certification by certified instructors, I would.

Getting educated does not make them a better hunter. As I stated, I personally know two that were "Master Hunters" that got busted for poaching. They were dealt with swiftly as said. I have heard of others, but can only report on what I know 100%.
I also what to clarify as I did on my previous post, I'm not attacking the Master Hunters individually. Only the program!
Im sorry but this is the 2nd time someone said a farmer friend can just sign it off,That just isnt true.It has to be ok buy the wdfw or dnr before any work can be done then only for the period of time ok by them.You have to have all your info to them  before any volunteer time even counts.
You must first be honest with yourself,Until then your just lying to everyone.

"The only one arguing is the one that is wrong"

Offline BAR C3

• Scout
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2014, 04:15:49 PM »
Ok I guess I'm lying....
Do you not think there are not farms enrolled with the game department?? Once again, its a hand shake with the farmer, not the game department.
There is one within five miles from my house!

Offline super186

• Tracker
  • Groups: USVEMG,
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2014, 05:41:02 PM »
The OP hasn't been on since he attended the USVEMG meeting last night. Hopefully he had some questions answered and he learned how the MH program really works in 4601. I hate it when people speak emotionally and not speak factually!

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2014, 06:08:54 PM »
I hate it when people speak emotionally and not speak factually!

You've obviously come to the wrong web site.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2014, 06:23:53 PM »

:chuckle:
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline GameHunter1959

• Longhunter
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2014, 06:57:36 PM »
Bust King
The one thing I have learned about Hunt WA members. They do know a ton, but they don't know everything that goes on. Perhaps your argument should NOT include all MHs, as it may only be a select few giving MHs a bad name. I can see this happening, as even the most unsuspected people (such as a MH) will take advantage when the opportunity permits.

As passionate and connected as you are; I don't understand why you and the upset people you know, would not want to attend a meeting to try and solve the problem. Complaining on Hunt WA will not get anything done. All you will get here is 5 pages of opinions, and Hunt WA members acting as if only their opinion matters.

I neither agree or disagree with you, but I can see both sides of this issue being truthful.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2014, 07:08:14 PM »
Ok I guess I'm lying....
Do you not think there are not farms enrolled with the game department?? Once again, its a hand shake with the farmer, not the game department.
There is one within five miles from my house!

If you know this to be true, then turn them in.

That doesn't make the program bad.   if it did, this state should just shut off ALL hunting and fishing.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2014, 07:14:13 PM »

LOL....   I just spit my dinner up on my keyboard.   >:(
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]