collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Restrict Archery and ML seasons to 9 days.  (Read 30844 times)

Offline Billdos Uncle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: Restrict Archery and ML seasons to 9 days.
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2014, 11:12:50 AM »
So I went thru and did my own calculations...
total number of days of elk and deer..
Modern(if u have east side elk)-53
Modern(if u have west side elk)-56
Muzzy(if u have east side elk)-68
Muzzy(if u have west side elk)-66
Archery(if u have east side elk)-74
Archery(if u have west side elk)-72

1. if u look at the late season for muzzy and archery for elk they overlap or are the same exact days... And who would have the advantage during those days.. the guy that can shoot farther so muzzy
2. archery elk and deer overlap so if u have an eastside elk tag and are hunting deer on the west it takes away your hunting for either elk or deer, so the actual days for archery is less... Unless u are hunting elk and deer in the same spot.. (which I don't) I hunt deer over east elk on the west.. so u can take away for me 13 days of hunting for deer because I would rather be hunting elk... so my number would be 59 days of hunting..

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2014, 09:30:06 PM »
well around here we get 7 days to hunt elk with a smokepole!

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »
So I went thru and did my own calculations...
total number of days of elk and deer..
Modern(if u have east side elk)-53
Modern(if u have west side elk)-56
Muzzy(if u have east side elk)-68
Muzzy(if u have west side elk)-66
Archery(if u have east side elk)-74
Archery(if u have west side elk)-72

1. if u look at the late season for muzzy and archery for elk they overlap or are the same exact days... And who would have the advantage during those days.. the guy that can shoot farther so muzzy
2. archery elk and deer overlap so if u have an eastside elk tag and are hunting deer on the west it takes away your hunting for either elk or deer, so the actual days for archery is less... Unless u are hunting elk and deer in the same spot.. (which I don't) I hunt deer over east elk on the west.. so u can take away for me 13 days of hunting for deer because I would rather be hunting elk... so my number would be 59 days of hunting..

well around here we get 7 days to hunt elk with a smokepole!

yup and 9 days for modern.
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2014, 11:30:23 PM »
 >:( No the point was to end this weapons allocation thing they have now and have it so we can buy archery muzzy and modern tags if we can afford it. Yes they have the multy season permit but only if your drawn and can afford it other than that you have to chose one or the other. If needed i will repost my own post and bold the words I had actually said then full font them if needed >:( :bash:
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2014, 11:38:07 PM »
I like the pick your weapon to some degree versus just buying a deer or elk tag and hunting whatever season is open. It keeps the yahoos who are not serious about hunting with a bow to a min. I notice a huge difference in ID elk archery season when A and B tag holders are in the woods together opening weekend is a zoo and within a week it dead!! No B taggers out there

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2014, 06:15:16 AM »
Just my  :twocents: With all the hunters and the time spent in the woods by all the hunter groups, the game right now gets pushed pretty hard before going into winter. If we all could hunt every season w/one over the counter tag the game would suffer for it. Again just my  :twocents:

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2014, 07:47:53 AM »
Just my  :twocents: With all the hunters and the time spent in the woods by all the hunter groups, the game right now gets pushed pretty hard before going into winter. If we all could hunt every season w/one over the counter tag the game would suffer for it. Again just my  :twocents:

Agreed. Unless of course the State then reduced all seasons, which they would of course.

Seasons are regulated by length for one purpose and one purpose only and it isn't to favor one group over another. The reason is to hit a target harvest number and to do that they have to consider the number of hunters likely to participate, and the traditional success rate of whatever method of hunting is used. The reason Primitive seasons are longer is because the success rate and participation is lower than in Modern hunts. The more hunters and the more successful they are, the shorter seasons have to be to stay within the target harvest range. It's simple math really.

The seasons are set well before a hunter needs to choose which method he'll use. So if you think one method has an advantage, there is nothing to stop you from choosing that method when you buy your tag.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2014, 08:33:53 AM »

I wonder why that isn't the case in other states that allow hunting in all seasons for all hunters? I don't think you can make that statement without backing it up with scientific data. The fact that we would still only be able to bag one big game animal and the fact that many don't have the implements to hunt all seasons, and the fact that hunter numbers are declining more rapidly in WA than in the US as a whole might bring a different conclusion.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2014, 04:46:31 PM »

I wonder why that isn't the case in other states that allow hunting in all seasons for all hunters? I don't think you can make that statement without backing it up with scientific data. The fact that we would still only be able to bag one big game animal and the fact that many don't have the implements to hunt all seasons, and the fact that hunter numbers are declining more rapidly in WA than in the US as a whole might bring a different conclusion.

The fact is, most people don't kill a deer or an elk every year, so the point that we could still only harvest one of each means nothing. If people are given more time to hunt, the success rate will go up, and more animals will be harvested, period.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]