collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wannacut, Sinlahekin, Pogue- LATE ARCHERY WITH SON?  (Read 1563 times)

Offline jnorrisfam77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Wannacut, Sinlahekin, Pogue- LATE ARCHERY WITH SON?
« on: September 19, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »
I posted yesterday about taking my 13 year old son on his 1st archery hunt for Mulies. We were planning on the Swakane unit a bit but the more I am hearing the more I am thinking we may be better off starting somewhere else to make the trip a bit more enjoyable and a bit more feasible for my son. I was told these 3 GMUS (209-Wannacut, 215-Sinlahekin, 233-Pogue) are good units for late season archery. I am not very familiar with these areas; can anyone provide some insight on good places/ access and what we can expect out there? Looking to spot and stalk. Thanks for any tips you can give to a dad trying to get his son into some deer. This board has been awesome!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Re: Wannacut, Sinlahekin, Pogue- LATE ARCHERY WITH SON?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 06:57:27 PM »
I've seen some HUGE muleys that I honestly thought were elk at a distance, antler wise. South of Loomis near the WDFW workers house.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline nw_bowhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:42:59 PM »
Loomis is great. Expect cold and snow. Can be challenging due to elevation and weather. But lots of opportunity. 215 might be more suited for your 13 year old.

Offline spin05

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 04:47:34 AM »
Toats coolee is a good option(but thats no secret) up there and if there isnt much snow you can get into area of the tripod burn. The whole unit is pretty steep and it does get cold. A few years back it was -14deg with a 20mph wind. It was brutal. But thats not the norm.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal