collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Muzzleloader 4601 area?  (Read 6137 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Muzzleloader 4601 area?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 10:32:02 AM »
Karma from what turning people in for running though peoples yards or pastures .then karma it is

Trespassing is where I'd expect the bad karma(if there is such a thing) to come from....not from turning people in for trespassing.
Geez...
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 10:33:40 AM »
No one said I was gonna run through anybody's yard or pasture but that's what your already assuming.

I'm pretty sure nobody singled you out....just speaking in general re: all the people not knowing whose land they're on or not knowing the boundaries.  I'd be willing to guarantee that'll be an issue with this new hunt.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline elkaddict652

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA,WAC,TSC,VFW,RMEF
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 10:35:14 AM »
I'm a land owner in Roy/yelm and constantly deal with people on my property, stealing my cams, etc..... The last thing I'm  gonna do is trespass. I've already scoped out what public land I'm gonna sit on.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 10:37:21 AM »

From what are local game warden said about the points .trespassing is poaching . Under the new law the warden said.

Maybe, but doesn't that new law only apply if the person actually kills an animal while trespassing?
It would appear that harvest is not a necessary prerequisite.
http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=77.15.435

(1) A person is guilty of unlawfully hunting on, or retrieving hunted wildlife from, the property of another if the person knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in or on the premises of another for the purpose of hunting for wildlife or retrieving hunted wildlife
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline elkaddict652

• Hunter
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 10:39:54 AM »
So if my shot elk jumps a fence and die on someone's property I can't retrieve it?
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 10:41:26 AM »

So if my shot elk jumps a fence and die on someone's property I can't retrieve it?

With permission from the landowner you could.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2014, 11:14:10 AM »
You could retrieve it, but without permission you would be trespassing in which case it would be confiscated by enforcement if you are caught and charged.

You should try to contact the landowner and ask for permission to enter the property and retrieve the animal. If that doesn't work, contact WDFW enforcement and ask for their assistance. If that doesn't work, do the right thing.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline elkaddict652

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 11:23:44 AM »
I'm all about doing the right thing. If you see me knock on your door please be cool.

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »
Tagging

Offline bugs n bones

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WSTA, NRA, SCI
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2014, 08:22:46 PM »
I can see it already...... :dunno:

Offline elkaddict652

• Hunter
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 07:31:50 AM »
So anybody take anything out of here? Heard a couple shots Sunday, but wasn't able to get there opening Saturday. Saw a TON of sign the first place I went. No sign the second. Goin back this weekend to see what I can find.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal