collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Frustrating miss!!!!  (Read 3418 times)

Offline wastickslinger

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Frustrating miss!!!!
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:41:07 PM »
I guess I can't be too mad. It wouldn't be hunting if we killed something on every oppportunity. Guess we learn from our mistakes somehow. Too flippin bad I learned not to try and sneak an arrow between limbs tonight. An even worse it had to be a pope and young buck. Oh well, well worth the evening. He'll be back. I normally wouldn't take the shot but it was only 30 yards and I had a wndow at vidals about size of a saucer. Just deflected off the limb and sailed a bit.

It was the buck I posted before. Here is a front and side shot again to refresh your memory and help you feel for me tonight. I doubt if I sleep well.

Bright side, should be hearing bugling and seeing bulls tomorrow night and possibly letting the air out of one Saturday. Maybe my luck will change.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Frustrating miss!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 07:35:26 AM »
Darn dude........lots of time to get another one or another chance at this guy.  What neighborhood are you headed for elk?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:53:37 AM »
crap....that's why they call it hunting though and not shooting. i thought when you posted those pic's earlier, we'd be seeing one of them on the ground at some point....keep at it.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline wastickslinger

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 08:07:21 AM »
Going elk hunting over around Packwood. Last year was my first time over there. Some friends of mine have been doing it for years.

By the way, I only had about 10 dreams about that buck last night.

It is moments like the one I had last night that keep me hunting thats for sure. I will replay it over and over and learn from my mistake. Then next time I will do sometehing else wrong, eventually it all comes together. Maybe not on this buck but still a great lesson and experience.

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 09:10:01 AM »
bummer man, good luck later though. I know how you feel. I have been hunting these two monster bucks for about 5 years and still havent got them. I see them when im scouting every year and then when i go opening morning there gone. Almost like they never existed. Im talking monster trophey bucks.

I like to call them..... "the brothers"

sooner or later ill get one..............you to. good luck man!!!!!!

Offline andrew_12gauge

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 02:46:46 PM »
Ahh i missed my chance at a big one on wednesday now you man that sucks but i do know how you feel

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal