collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: wyoming wolves protected again  (Read 15044 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: wyoming wolves protected again
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »
If you think this changes how people in Wyoming will act your kidding yourself. Its the cowboy state and arguably the most red state there is.

agreed 100% but also agree that it doesnt really matter it wont effect the wolves at all, to really get a handle on the wolf population they would have to poisen and shoot from planes on a regular basis

While i only know a couple of people from that state, I would think that how WY will react will not be comparable to ID. If ID would not prosecute people for shooting wolves do you think WY will?

I would imagine it will just be understood that "other" methods of control will also happen and just not advertised or talked about.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 08:25:41 PM »
If you think this changes how people in Wyoming will act your kidding yourself. Its the cowboy state and arguably the most red state there is.

agreed 100% but also agree that it doesnt really matter it wont effect the wolves at all, to really get a handle on the wolf population they would have to poisen and shoot from planes on a regular basis

While i only know a couple of people from that state, I would think that how WY will react will not be comparable to ID. If ID would not prosecute people for shooting wolves do you think WY will?

I would imagine it will just be understood that "other" methods of control will also happen and just not advertised or talked about.
It won't be Wyoming's decision to prosecute.  It will be a federal issue since it is a federally protected species.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 09:08:12 PM »

It won't be Wyoming's decision to prosecute.  It will be a federal issue since it is a federally protected species.

The Fish and Wildlife Service is currently proposing to remove Endangered Species Act protection for most gray wolves across the United States, a proposal that the groups strongly oppose; a final decision could be made later this year.

this could change alot!!! 
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 09:32:23 PM »

True however WY could direct its Leo's to turn a blind eye similar to how ID did.
If a tree fell in the woods and no one was around to see it, did it really fall?
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline AspenBud

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 06:22:52 AM »
It will significantly reduce wolf harvest in Wyoming this year.  Wolves are tough to kill...the only way states harvest 100 or 200 or 300 is if they have tens of thousands of deer/elk hunters out harvesting wolves incidentally to their deer/elk hunts.  The majority of these hunters will not poach a federally protected species...way too risky for way too little benefit.  Ranchers will still kill some I'm sure...but it will be very few relative to what hunters would take.

It will be the trapping side that it hurts.

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 06:31:23 AM »
Protected from who? Ranchers? Cowboys?

I bet not...
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 06:52:15 AM »
I don't think management in WY will change. The people of that state are as independent as people in TX. But, when these challenges to management come into play here in WA, it'll be a very different story. It's obvious from the extent of the WA wolf plan requirements that the greenies had a big hand in developing our wolf plan and those same people with whom our WDFW collaborated to design the plan will be the ones who sue to halt them in killing wolves once delisting is accomplished. They'll succeed. I don't see wolf tags being issued in WA for a very long time. This decision is a major blow to our state and our ungulate populations.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 06:59:10 AM »
My first thoughts when I read the subject title was the same thoughts as RT (that's scary in itself  :chuckle: )  I am not sure they were or ever will be protected in Wyoming. 8)

Offline AspenBud

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 07:04:02 AM »
My first thoughts when I read the subject title was the same thoughts as RT (that's scary in itself  :chuckle: )  I am not sure they were or ever will be protected in Wyoming. 8)

It will just be driven underground and be just another thing greenies will use against hunters when they can say "see what hunters do? They don't even follow the law and can't be trusted."

No good will come from the lack of any compromise on both sides.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 07:13:29 AM »
How have hunters NOT compromised? First it was just an experimental population in YNP, THEN they had to have a continuous population, it then changed to a number of "documented" BP's. WY DID compromise and now greenies want to go back on the agreement. You know what happens when you push a cowboy right? They push back, usually harder than it was received.

Confucius

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 07:21:23 AM »

It will just be driven underground and be just another thing greenies will use against hunters when they can say "see what hunters do? They don't even follow the law and can't be trusted."

Did you see the list of organizations in that letter? Those people aren't looking for compromise. Without exception, all of those groups are committed to halting ANY killing of wolves for any reason, and to halting all hunting, period. As far as hunters compromising is concerned, hunters haven't been given a real seat at any table in this, as highlighted by our own wolf plan. The extreme goals that were accepted for our plan clearly show no compromise and pander to the Defenders and other anti-hunting groups. I find it outrageous that you call for compromise when absolutely none has come from the other direction.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 07:23:05 AM »
This hurts WY's ability to legally manage wolves and the state will be forced to restructure it's wolf plan, so the wolf advocates think they won a huge victory. If possible, I think the court would have been wiser to give WY 6 months to change it's wolf plan or be relisted. Ultimately this action will likely have the same effect in WY as it did in Idaho when Malloy and wolf groups thought they closed wolf hunting.

I don't see this WY action having much impact on WA because WA will never propose WY's type of wolf plan anyway. Wolves are already being managed in WA because these packs keep eating livestock and then wolves get removed. Ranchers simply cannot afford for wolves to eat their livestock investments and rural people will not put up with unmanaged wolves forever. As the number of packs increase you can expect to see more wolf management. These wolves get into even more trouble than I anticipated in NE WA, there simply isn't room in NE WA for the number of wolves that are already here much less what would be here in another 6 years when they intend to delist if they were not managed.

You can expect to see these packs continue to get in trouble and so as packs increase we will have increased wolf management going on anyway even though the state hasn't delisted wolves.  :chuckle:

Once these wolf packs multiply into Puget Sound suburbs then wolf management will escalate further.  :chuckle:

WDFW is getting what they deserve with this wolf management issue, lots of headaches, wait till 6 years has passed, WDFW will be ready to delist.  :chuckle:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 07:28:47 AM »
Just like stupid cats.  More cats ran and killed by the WDFW as "damage" hunts than historically harvested by tag/license/tax paying citizens with hounds.  Go figure.    The other stupid thing is, I am more likely to appreciate and "like" wolves than these groups are to understand and appreciate hunting.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 07:32:20 AM »

Did you see the list of organizations in that letter? Those people aren't looking for compromise. Without exception, all of those groups are committed to halting ANY killing of wolves for any reason, and to halting all hunting, period. As far as hunters compromising is concerned, hunters haven't been given a real seat at any table in this, as highlighted by our own wolf plan. The extreme goals that were accepted for our plan clearly show no compromise and pander to the Defenders and other anti-hunting groups. I find it outrageous that you call for compromise when absolutely none has come from the other direction.
:yeah: 
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline AspenBud

• Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 09:09:36 AM »

Do you not watch the news and see how they use wolf poaching as a tool to try and curtail, if not end, hunting as a whole? I find it outrageous that you defend the practice.

It's far easier to come back from low ungulate numbers (at the end of the day greenies want them too so there is a bottom) than it is from the bad press that poaching causes. I have no doubt it will happen in Wyoming, but I don't think it's something to celebrate or get a good laugh over since it means both sides have failed to make the other see their side and meet in the middle and the practice will be used against us.

Fighting these guys requires being deliberate and calculating. Not acting like toddlers having a temper tantrum.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 06:56:45 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]