collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Showing their Hand - Ruby Creek Wolf Being Given to "Zoo" - Uh-Huh.  (Read 12640 times)

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: WDFW Showing their Hand - Ruby Creek Wolf Being Given to "Zoo" - Uh-Huh.
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »
seems to me that if this wolf was a problem, It will stay a problem. you just cant expect a change in behavior in wild animals. they are what they are.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 04:49:31 PM »
The rare behavior she's exhibiting, makes her a good candidate for captivity.  Hmmm... maybe she CAME from captivity.. :peep: Wolfbait?

If you look at the fake mexican gray wolves that the USFWS bred up and then turned loose in the middle of cattle country and peoples back yards, yep this wolf could have come from one of their breeding facilities, after all there are 50 of them throughout the USA, could have even been one of wolf havens wolves that wasn't working out in the wild too well.

Three years ago we saw three wolves below the Mocassin lk ranch, this was late fall after the field had been cut. One of the wolves was sitting about a hundred yards off the county road. I thought what the heck I will see how close I could get to it, so I climbed through the fence and started walking towards it, it didn't run off it just started circling me, I got within about 50 yds, and thats as close as I got. The wolf would move back about the same amount I would move in, and it would circle me and when I would stop it would sit down and watch me. Not what I would call a scared or wild wolf.

Just in the Methow alone there have been several wolf/dog conflicts many of them never hit mainstream media or any media at all unless someone finds out about it and puts it on the net. I wonder why this wolf is so special?

Offline YellowDog

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 07:47:25 AM »
If she is to remain the property of the state I'm sure that the state.will be funneling our money to Wolf Haven (large sums of it) to "care" for our wolf.

Offline AspenBud

• Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 08:21:18 AM »
The problem with any discussion about Wolf Haven is it can't be taken too seriously. They have received threats from almost day one and there have been many attempted break ins. It's yet another reason why no one takes the wolf management crowd seriously, people were yelling about wolves before wolves were turned loose in Yellowstone. People have accused them of releasing wolves for a loooooooooooooong time. When you cry wolf for so long it becomes a very steep climb when the problem becomes real.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 09:36:32 AM »
The problem with any discussion about Wolf Haven is it can't be taken too seriously. They have received threats from almost day one and there have been many attempted break ins. It's yet another reason why no one takes the wolf management crowd seriously, people were yelling about wolves before wolves were turned loose in Yellowstone. People have accused them of releasing wolves for a loooooooooooooong time. When you cry wolf for so long it becomes a very steep climb when the problem becomes real.

You don't suppose wolf haven has been guilty all these years do you A-bud. Look at the USFWS they lied for years and they were called liars, and proven to be liars, look at WDFW and wolf predation, they have been called liars, and proven to be liars.

Look at the history of the wolf introduction so far and ask your self who have been the liars, the pro-wolf side or those who did not want the Canadian wolves in the first place, or want wolf control now?

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 10:26:41 AM »
If its not already been done, a DNA sample needs to be taken ( and authenticated by involved parties to keep it honest ), to determine this animals origin........

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »
Seems the wolf advisory group isn't being listened too by WDFW

From stevens co cattlemens FB page:
I just got back from the Washington State “ Wolf Advisory Group” meeting, there seemed to be a good mix of people representing many sides of the wolf issue. There were around 15 people in the group and around 25 observers who were not allowed to ask questions until the very end. I learned many things about wolves and how our F&G works. This meeting was mainly about wolf predation on livestock and how to prevent it.
I was running late and didn’t get there in time for the introductions so I didn’t get everybody’s names.
The first part was about reducing livestock conflicts by Elizabeth Bradly Montana F&G, I learned the best way to address wolves that kill livestock is to kill the entire pack, not cherry pick out a couple at a time, they have all learned to kill livestock and will not stop for long. We will see if Wash F&G listens to this advice or not.
then the second topic was going over the timeline and everything about the Huckleberry pack killings. The telemetry map of this pack movements were interesting as they move back and forth across the Indian reservation boundary.
One of the members and people there, was the sheep herder that just had a bunch of his sheep killed this summer by the huckleberry pack. Of coarse all the wolf lovers were asking silly questions, still trying to cast doubt about if it was really wolves. The Herder explained how he felt that the wolves were watching the dogs and himself, and were striking in the morning, in the daylight, where he and the dogs weren’t. They didn’t kill at night.
Someone who should be congratulated for being the voice of common sense and trying to stand up for livestock producers as well as sportsmen, is Jack Fields, Washington Cattlemen’s Association, as he stood up for everyone and did his best to make himself heard and not be bullied, like many were and not bend to F&G’s agenda. If there is a voice of reason and no BS in this group it is Jack Fields.
I learned that Wash. F&G is not good at counting wolves and they freely admit it. In the 2012 census they say out of 51 collared wolves our numbers only increased by 1, where everywhere else in the world numbers increase by roughly 36% from what I’ve been able to research.
One of the topics was the Ruby Creek pack, a pack that was 2 female wolves that were running together and became habituated to humans and were coming in and playing with dogs, one bred with a domestic dog, they captured it and spayed it and released it, not long after it was hit by a car and killed.
The other wolf is now living in the town of Ione. It is seen playing with dogs, being chased by livestock, it has been shot at and hit multiple times with rubber bullets and it goes just out of range and stops, sits down and waits to come back, this is right from F&G. The county council has requested that the wolf be removed soon before it gets into trouble or a citizen shoots it to protect their property and gets into trouble for it.
We have paid nearly $9,000 in the last 2 weeks to pay someone to shoot it with rubber bullets every morning and try and run it out of town and its not leaving.
Everyone agreed it was a problem that needed to be addressed and quickly.
Everyone agreed that this wolf has no value for the wolf program and in fact is potentially a disaster due to its lack of fear and willingness to breed with domestic dogs.
Everyone agreed that because of those and other factors Trans relocation was not an option, it was brought up by Jack Fields that it is in the mission or guidelines that “problem” wolves would not be re-located.
It was brought up and suggested that Wolf Haven take her, and their rep said they would consider it, but it was not their policy as wild wolves do not adapt well to captivity and that the chances were far greater that they would end up euthanizing it anyway. This is the save the wolves person saying this.
So, Nate Pamplin, Wash F&G jumps up and says, “So I’m going to write it up that the MAJORITY of the group was NOT in favor of killing the wolf”. Well 4-5 people raise their hands and say that’s not true, and several people call for a hard vote of hands to see where everybody stands! Nate says” no I don’t want to do that! I’m not going to do that! I’m going to write it up different!” He changed the subject and never did say how he was going to portray how the group felt about the subject, we’ll see!
Clearly the majority of the people, even the wolf lovers, were in favor of putting this wolf down and quickly.
The Wolf haven gal did say earlier that it would look bad for F&G to kill another wolf after just killing one of the sheep killers. I don’t understand why popular opinion of city people has anything to do with wildlife management, I guarantee you that the same people who don’t want you to kill a wolf would set a mouse or roach trap in their house if they were infested with them. There is no difference!
It was asked by Jack Fields does this group hold any real power and will their Decisions be abided by or are they just there to kick the can around and talk for 8 hours for no good reason, Nate said this is an Advisory group and their decisions would be considered.
This is my take on the meeting.

Bill McCorkl

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »
Not to sound mean  :dunno: But I hope it takes a bite out of one of their arms ...trying to bring a full grown wild predator into captivity is nothing but stupid and guaranteed a disaster waiting  to happen  :stup: :pee: This goes to show you how bright they all are  :rolleyes:

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 12:45:55 PM »
I read that there were threats by WDFW to remove the current wolf advisory members and replace them with new ones.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 12:49:41 PM »
Thanks KF, this sounds about like the wolf meetings that were held around WA at the start, just a formality for WDFW. WDFW is probably filled with the new age environmental biologist and will do as the pro-wolf groups and USFWS tells them to do.

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2014, 12:55:27 PM »
I think its time to start a new group ...The Kill every wolf you can group ...  :dunno:

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 05:11:01 PM »
I think its time to start a new group ...The Kill every wolf you can group ...  :dunno:

There's already those kind of groups in WA, no one hears about them though, as it should be. :bfg:

Offline timberfaller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 11:49:29 AM »
"the very rare behavior this individual is exhibiting," :yike:

My guess is people making this kind of statement are one of two things,  a frequenter of the local Pot stores on the wet side or relying on their limited book learning.

Definitely not a student of wild things!!   
The only good tree, is a stump!

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 10:27:11 PM »
The rare behavior she's exhibiting, makes her a good candidate for captivity.  Hmmm... maybe she CAME from captivity.. :peep: Wolfbait?

If you look at the fake mexican gray wolves that the USFWS bred up and then turned loose in the middle of cattle country and peoples back yards, yep this wolf could have come from one of their breeding facilities, after all there are 50 of them throughout the USA, could have even been one of wolf havens wolves that wasn't working out in the wild too well.

Three years ago we saw three wolves below the Mocassin lk ranch, this was late fall after the field had been cut. One of the wolves was sitting about a hundred yards off the county road. I thought what the heck I will see how close I could get to it, so I climbed through the fence and started walking towards it, it didn't run off it just started circling me, I got within about 50 yds, and thats as close as I got. The wolf would move back about the same amount I would move in, and it would circle me and when I would stop it would sit down and watch me. Not what I would call a scared or wild wolf.

Just in the Methow alone there have been several wolf/dog conflicts many of them never hit mainstream media or any media at all unless someone finds out about it and puts it on the net. I wonder why this wolf is so special?

Strange you have never produced a single picture of a wolf despite all these close encounters...

The ruby wolf needed to go.  She is totally habituated and hanging out in yards... I would vote for lethal removal, but only because its the pragmatic option.  I don't care if wolf haven takes her as long as we don't pay for it.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 08:10:04 AM »
If she were spayed then I wouldn't care either, I've seen no mention of having her spayed mentioned anywhere  :dunno:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]