collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW to Hold wolf Meeting Colville  (Read 27436 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: WDFW to Hold wolf Meeting Colville
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 03:23:16 PM »
I would make the case that that is WHY they are being sent there.
 :tinfoil:

Let me go out on a limb and say... Perhaps the USFS and the WDFW has NOT released or transported any wolves. Is is possible that some one like Wolfhaven has? Yes I know its "illegal"... You COULD play both sides of the fence on this one. You could say your were transporting Hybrids to your buddies place/farm if questioned and they got away while you let them out to go the the bathroom.... YET if the DNA was strongly wolf and very little huskie said Hybrid could bring the wolf numbers up a bunch with out much detection.... Perhaps that is why we have been told they are all hybrids  them, but when we offer to shoot them they say "DONT DO THAT IT COULD BE A WOLF!"...  I know its just black helecopter talk but it SEEMS to be just as reasonable explanation as the nonsence we hear from the department and how we see them act.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 04:03:58 PM »
I just talked to one of BIG cattlemen up near the Wedge/Profanity areas that has their cattle there. He told me that the Cattlemans Association is pretty much giving the WDFW an ultimatum to either kill the wolves or they will hire their own trapper and have him/her come in and kill the wolves.

Are they talking about the 3 other wolves of the 4 that were authorized to be killed? 
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 05:57:45 PM »
I just talked to one of BIG cattlemen up near the Wedge/Profanity areas that has their cattle there. He told me that the Cattlemans Association is pretty much giving the WDFW an ultimatum to either kill the wolves or they will hire their own trapper and have him/her come in and kill the wolves.

He also told me someone, blaming the greenie, tree huggers, have shot and killed 9 cows, yes 9 moo cows with a gun......
This is straight from the bosses mouth, today, 2 hours ago.

That's the idea I got from our conservation today.

I think thats probably their best plan so far, trying to play WDFW's game only cost ranchers more $$$ with no action by WDFW, as we have already seen. I think WDFW could be sued for their wishy-washy wolf predation management.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 06:00:44 PM »

Are they talking about the 3 other wolves of the 4 that were authorized to be killed?

There are 5 in this pack, so I don't know what you mean.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 06:12:28 PM »

There are 5 in this pack, so I don't know what you mean.
The state originally authorized the lethal removal of 4 wolves, of which 1 was killed.  Efforts then ceased to kill the remaining 3...what I was asking was if those were the wolves for which the "ultimatum" was issued...or if this is just a different group of wolves, or maybe wolves in general  :dunno:

Cattlemen won't get anywhere with their ultimatum either way.  They have no power over the state, they will bring unwanted scrutiny and attention if they issue any such ultimatum to wdfw, and if they try and follow through those involved will face serious legal and financial issues/hardships.  :bdid:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 12:09:26 PM »
Different pack Id.
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 12:42:13 PM »
Protocall to enable them to move forward with what ever it is they have in mind, having heard public comment and taken that into consideration.  No change or new direction, only more of the same, worse if anything.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 01:00:02 PM »
Sorry, I can't go to the wolf meeting, I am busy with hunters.
I hope someone asks the questions that Special T suggested!  :tup:

We recently spent 3 days scouting in Selkirk 113. Saw wolf tracks in numerous drainages, saw 1 gray colored wolf, and found one bull moose that had been eaten by wolves, wolf tracks everywhere. No moose or other ungulates were sighted in the areas with wolves and moose tracks were not as numerous in those drainages as in past seasons.

The search for moose became a search for an area with no wolves. We found an area with no wolf sign and sure enough saw 2 young bulls and 4 cow moose that day. It certainly appears wolves are impacting moose numbers in the drainages with wolf activity. Moose tag numbers have been reduced in GMU 113, I expect further reductions of moose tags as wolves continue to expand and impact the moose population.  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 03:34:01 PM »
Hey bearpaw, did you hear about Knife river crew witnessing a wolf attack on cattle up Aladdin HWY on the 1st?

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 04:25:45 PM »
Sorry, I can't go to the wolf meeting, I am busy with hunters.
I hope someone asks the questions that Special T suggested!  :tup:

We recently spent 3 days scouting in Selkirk 113. Saw wolf tracks in numerous drainages, saw 1 gray colored wolf, and found one bull moose that had been eaten by wolves, wolf tracks everywhere. No moose or other ungulates were sighted in the areas with wolves and moose tracks were not as numerous in those drainages as in past seasons.

The search for moose became a search for an area with no wolves. We found an area with no wolf sign and sure enough saw 2 young bulls and 4 cow moose that day. It certainly appears wolves are impacting moose numbers in the drainages with wolf activity. Moose tag numbers have been reduced in GMU 113, I expect further reductions of moose tags as wolves continue to expand and impact the moose population.  :twocents:

I could have saved you 3 days worth of gas money  :tung:

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 05:43:37 PM »
Hey bearpaw, did you hear about Knife river crew witnessing a wolf attack on cattle up Aladdin HWY on the 1st?

No, but would like to hear more?
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 07:03:42 PM »
A friend who works for them posted it on face book. I asked if someone told the game dept. The game dept. told them they were coyotes. Someone I think the rancher took samples. Here is the post on that when I asked if they were going to the wolf meeting in Colville.  "Pretty sure he'll be there with something to say. He took hair and scat samples. Game dept hold him he couldn't. Think he said some colorful words at that point. Sheriff was no help"

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 07:10:57 PM »
You should find out if Wolf Haven will be opening satellite offices around the state!  Remember: there's a high incidence of rectal cancer for the attendees of these meetings - you know, from the second-hand smoke being blown up your backside. :tup: Have fun.

Now that is funny.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline mfswallace

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2014, 12:30:57 PM »
A friend who works for them posted it on face book. I asked if someone told the game dept. The game dept. told them they were coyotes. Someone I think the rancher took samples. Here is the post on that when I asked if they were going to the wolf meeting in Colville.  "Pretty sure he'll be there with something to say. He took hair and scat samples. Game dept hold him he couldn't. Think he said some colorful words at that point. Sheriff was no help"

Facebook link ???

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]