collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who's hunting with a AR this year? Let's see them.  (Read 20310 times)

Offline Bango skank

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
Re: Who's hunting with a AR this year? Let's see them.
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2014, 09:24:53 PM »
I like pretty much anything that involves " Blatant Disregard ".  :tup:

amen

Offline jay.sharkbait

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2014, 09:26:02 PM »
so, AR....  that stands for "awesome rifle?"  :chuckle:  yeah im hunting with an awesome rifle this year!  took a bear and deer with it so far this year.  whats more awesome than a lever action .308 with a detachable magazine, forward locking rotary bolt, and single piece stock?

One that can shoot?

Sorry about the Kreepytek

Offline yorketransport

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2014, 09:27:21 PM »

:chuckle: Don't get him started on tikka's either :chuckle:

Oooh , you didn't ?? :o Haha! Everytime I watch some clown at distance in Sitka gear, that obviously has no clue what he is doing. One Or both are in tow. The big "V" or the "T".

I'm going to go buy a bunch of Sitka gear, a Tikka, Vortex binos, range finder, and scope, and go set up next to your hunting camp now. The goal is to get you so mad and distracted that you can't focus on hunting. Then I'm going to shoot your animal with a gun in a real caliber from a real gun that uses a bolt action instead of your fancy ARs!

Unless somebody wants to hurry up and build an AR 10 in 325 WSM.   :tup:

so, AR....  that stands for "awesome rifle?"  :chuckle:  yeah im hunting with an awesome rifle this year!  took a bear and deer with it so far this year.  whats more awesome than a lever action .308 with a detachable magazine, forward locking rotary bolt, and single piece stock?
Who doesn't love the Winchester 88? It's a shame that yours is in such a boring caliber. :chuckle:

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2014, 09:28:40 PM »

One that can shoot?

Sorry about the Kreepytek

one that can shoot?  i made a clean double lung ding dong kill shot on my bear at 350 yards with that old 1956 .308.  using cheap ass core lokts no less.  and im no hot *censored* marksman either.  that gun can shoot, no doubt about it.  oh and it was a dink bear too, very small target

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2014, 09:29:46 PM »
yorketransport if you can sell me a pre 64 in .243 for under 1000 im all ears.  as for the other two available calibers, good luck finding a pre 64.  the window of opportunity there is almost nil, the .284 wasnt introduced until 1963 so you have exactly one year of production to get a good one.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:44:45 PM by Bango skank »

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2014, 09:33:39 PM »

Oooh , you didn't ?? :o Haha! Everytime I watch some clown at distance in Sitka gear, that obviously has no clue what he is doing. One Or both are in tow. The big "V" or the "T".

I'm going to go buy a bunch of Sitka gear, a Tikka, Vortex binos, range finder, and scope, and go set up next to your hunting camp now. The goal is to get you so mad and distracted that you can't focus on hunting. Then I'm going to shoot your animal with a gun in a real caliber from a real gun that uses a bolt action instead of your fancy ARs!

HA ROFLOL. I can see Landon sitting up on the hill with chest pains over Sitka gear and a tikka rifle with a vortex scope on some guys shoulder :chuckle:

Oh and if you have not seen this company Andrew I am sorry to spend your money for you!

http://www.ar-10-rifles.com/index.php

Lot's of great calibers including 325 wsm
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2014, 09:34:08 PM »
yorketransport if you can sell me a pre 64 in .243 for under 1000 im all ears.  as for the other two available calibers, good luck finding a pre 64.  the window of opportunity there is almost nil
yorketransport if you can sell me a pre 64 in .243 for under 1000 im all ears.  as for the other two available calibers, good luck finding a pre 64.  the window of opportunity there is almost nil

I  might know where theres a full set (88s) :)

Offline Bango skank

• Old Salt
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2014, 09:35:58 PM »

I  might know where theres a full set (88s) :)

dont do that..  pm me if youre not screwing around

Offline yorketransport

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2014, 09:45:04 PM »

HA ROFLOL. I can see Landon sitting up on the hill with chest pains over Sitka gear and a tikka rifle with a vortex scope on some guys shoulder :chuckle:

Oh and if you have not seen this company Andrew I am sorry to spend your money for you!

Huh, I didn't see that coming! :bash: I may need to rethink my next project...............

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2014, 09:53:54 PM »

!

Dang, I want the ASI Armalight 20" in 308 match
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2014, 10:08:31 PM »
Yeah they make some great guns by the sounds of it. I have really thought about getting a upper in 325 wsm.

I am just finishing up my latest project a 7mm STW. I think the 325 wsm may be next.

Offline timberghost72

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Seattle Rifle & Pistol
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2014, 08:35:34 AM »
Yeah they make some great guns by the sounds of it. I have really thought about getting a upper in 325 wsm.

I am just finishing up my latest project a 7mm STW. I think the 325 wsm may be next.

I don't want to thread jack but it seems relevant so I'll ask. I have been wanting to build a 300 wsm AR build but have briefly read that these have problems. I am just starting to research so I don't have much info yet. Anyone done this caliber? If so, what barrel length and twist would be recommended?

Offline Biggerhammer

• Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2014, 10:57:10 AM »

I don't want to thread jack but it seems relevant so I'll ask. I have been wanting to build a 300 wsm AR build but have briefly read that these have problems. I am just starting to research so I don't have much info yet. Anyone done this caliber? If so, what barrel length and twist would be recommended?

If it starts with "AR" it is in no way a "Thread Jack". :tup:

I would look towards a 22" inch barrel or so and a 10 twist. I would have to do the research on the bolt and what would need to be done, the conversions necessary to the upper receiver but I could have a AR barrel chambered in .300 WSM or .325 WSM on my front porch in no time if I choose.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2014, 06:38:23 PM »

I have read the same thing there is few companies working on prototypes and I think it won't be to long before we see some.

Offline coop2424

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
First time out with the 6.8spc from the tree.  To dang windy to be standing with the bow!!  Idaho for people that wonder with rifle this time of year. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 05:34:44 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]