collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf shot near Pullman! Update 11/14/2014 pg. 8  (Read 99377 times)

Offline Evil_EdwardO

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, LPC, ASF, GOA, RLRR
Re: Wolf shot near Pullman! Update 11/14/2014 pg. 8
« Reply #240 on: November 20, 2014, 09:03:23 AM »
Maybe the Defending lawyer will file for a continuance and everything will be dropped after 6 months of the initial court date. When Denis Tracy was the public defender back in the 90's he got me out of a felony fireworks charge by filing a continuance with the prosecutor. As long as I had nothing to do with fireworks for 6 months all charges were dropped per say and nothing is on my record.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #241 on: November 20, 2014, 09:07:30 AM »
 :yeah:

It'll probably take him at least 6 more months to find another wolf anyways  :chuckle:

Offline turkeyfeather

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NWTF
« Reply #242 on: November 20, 2014, 09:18:45 AM »
If I'm not mistaken,  wdfw said there are no wolf packs in Whitman county. I don't believe they ever said there are no wolves there. An individual wolf could show up anywhere.
As someone who lives on this side of the state and has family in the Palouse I can assure you that is what residents have been told.
Then you have been talking to the wrong people...the cashier that sells licenses at walmart or office clerk at the local wdfw office are not necessarily the best sources of information.  I highly doubt you had a biologist tell you or any Palouse resident that no wolf could be near pullman...wolves have been on the Palouse for a long time...perhaps you could provide more details on who said what...are you just making a generalization about some rumors you heard from friends and relatives...or do you have specific names, dates, articles, etc. to prove what you keep repeating?
I never said there weren't wolves in the Palouse. I said that game officials have said there are no wolves in the Palouse and I am not referring to the clerk at Wal-Mart.  :bash:  Anyone who has any ties to this region knows they are there. Why is it so hard for you to understand that WDFW has denied this. It has been well documented how they had done this very same thing in the NE for many years. You need to get your head outta the sand there bud. Oh, and if you think I am gonna give names and specifics about reports and sightings  to a leaf licking wolf lover and defender you are crazier than I thought. If you knew half as much about this area as you claim to you would already know.
I will ignore your name calling and point out again that it is inconceivable that WDFW biologists told you wolves could never be on the Palouse.  I didn't ask for details about reporting sightings, I asked who (at WDFW) specifically told you there were no wolves on the Palouse?  You either misunderstood something or we need to find out who this WDFW staff is so they can be identified and corrected. 

On the recommended charges...I'm still curious to hear more details of the event...and whether this guy is going to plead guilty...penalties seem low enough this might be a good case to take to a jury...maybe demonstrate to prosecutors that small communities won't render guilty verdicts on wolf issues  :dunno:  :chuckle:
Show me where I ever said a WDFW employee told me their were no wolves. I am relaying info I was provided. Are you denying that WDFW has ever mislead us on the presence of wolves in a patticular geographic region? Knock it off your making yourself look stupid with your continuous attempt to spin and twist this around in circles. It's a typical leaf licker liberal tactic to continuously delay and deny to hide facts and truth.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is who you actually are while your reputation is merely who others think you are.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #243 on: November 20, 2014, 09:27:16 AM »
On the recommended charges...I'm still curious to hear more details of the event...and whether this guy is going to plead guilty...penalties seem low enough this might be a good case to take to a jury...maybe demonstrate to prosecutors that small communities won't render guilty verdicts on wolf issues  :dunno:  :chuckle:
Whitman County is the one of two counties that voted to pass the firearms background check intiative this year. They also passed marijuana legalization in 2012.

Whitman County may not be as red as we once thought.  :twocents:

Offline turkeyfeather

• Old Salt
« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2014, 09:31:05 AM »
Whitman County is the one of two counties that voted to pass the firearms background check intiative this year. They also passed marijuana legalization in 2012.

Whitman County may not be as red as we once thought.  :twocents:
That is due in large part thanks to Pullman and WSU. Not to.mention low grain and crop prices.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is who you actually are while your reputation is merely who others think you are.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2014, 09:38:03 AM »
If I'm not mistaken,  wdfw said there are no wolf packs in Whitman county. I don't believe they ever said there are no wolves there. An individual wolf could show up anywhere.
As someone who lives on this side of the state and has family in the Palouse I can assure you that is what residents have been told.
Then you have been talking to the wrong people...the cashier that sells licenses at walmart or office clerk at the local wdfw office are not necessarily the best sources of information.  I highly doubt you had a biologist tell you or any Palouse resident that no wolf could be near pullman...wolves have been on the Palouse for a long time...perhaps you could provide more details on who said what...are you just making a generalization about some rumors you heard from friends and relatives...or do you have specific names, dates, articles, etc. to prove what you keep repeating?
I never said there weren't wolves in the Palouse. I said that game officials have said there are no wolves in the Palouse and I am not referring to the clerk at Wal-Mart.  :bash:  Anyone who has any ties to this region knows they are there. Why is it so hard for you to understand that WDFW has denied this. It has been well documented how they had done this very same thing in the NE for many years. You need to get your head outta the sand there bud. Oh, and if you think I am gonna give names and specifics about reports and sightings  to a leaf licking wolf lover and defender you are crazier than I thought. If you knew half as much about this area as you claim to you would already know.

I've had a game Leo tell me there are no wolves here then I said sweet then I'll shoot it next I see it chasing deer. Then he said "NO there are wolves here and they are protected".   This was 2010 in south pend Oreille county
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline turkeyfeather

• Old Salt
« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2014, 09:46:24 AM »

I've had a game Leo tell me there are no wolves here then I said sweet then I'll shoot it next I see it chasing deer. Then he said "NO there are wolves here and they are protected".   This was 2010 in south pend Oreille county
Exactly. I don't know if it's comical or pathetic that despite the fact that many of us have experienced a similar encounter with WDFW or some other Fed LEO, that there are still some so clueless as to see the big picture here.

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2014, 10:03:31 AM »
I never said there weren't wolves in the Palouse. I said that game officials have said there are no wolves in the Palouse and I am not referring to the clerk at Wal-Mart. 
Show me where I ever said a WDFW employee told me their were no wolves. I am relaying info I was provided.

Ok, lets see if I've got this straight:  There are wolves on the Palouse.  No WDFW official ever once told you there weren't wolves on the Palouse (because obviously there are).  However, someone told you that some wdfw staff told them there weren't wolves on the Palouse?  Did I get that right?  You ever play that game "telephone" around a campfire?  :chuckle:  :chuckle: :chuckle:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline haulinbass

• Hunter
« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2014, 10:26:36 AM »
So according to this our department doesn't show a wolves in that area so I guess they don't exist or they are trying to hide something or once again not doing there job that we pay them to do and keep the public informed. Seems like an issue that is never gonna end. http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/packs/  that is my  :twocents:
Team Fly by & Re-load

Offline stromdiddily

• Scout
« Reply #249 on: November 20, 2014, 10:28:46 AM »
So according to this our department doesn't show a wolves in that area so I guess they don't exist or they are trying to hide something or once again not doing there job that we pay them to do and keep the public informed. Seems like an issue that is never gonna end. http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_wolf/packs/  that is my  :twocents:

So because there's no "confirmed" pack there, that means that there are zero wolves in the area? I would guess no...
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake

Genius and Insanity are neighbors, and they often share sugar.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #250 on: November 20, 2014, 10:29:58 AM »
That map shows "packs" of wolves.  Individual wolves travel all over creation.  I still think this may be where some confusion comes into play.......someone in authority may make a comment about no wolf "packs" being in a certain area and someone may just not hear the word "pack".  :twocents:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #251 on: November 20, 2014, 11:02:40 AM »
That map shows "packs" of wolves.  Individual wolves travel all over creation.  I still think this may be where some confusion comes into play.......someone in authority may make a comment about no wolf "packs" being in a certain area and someone may just not hear the word "pack".  :twocents:
:yeah:
"telephone game"  :chuckle:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #252 on: November 20, 2014, 11:11:28 AM »
Keep it civil people.  :tup:
 - NAME CALLING, ANTAGONIZING, DEMEANING, or BELITTLING other Members.
A small excerpt from the forum rules of things that will not be tolerated...
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline turkeyfeather

• Old Salt
« Reply #253 on: November 20, 2014, 06:08:28 PM »
I never said there weren't wolves in the Palouse. I said that game officials have said there are no wolves in the Palouse and I am not referring to the clerk at Wal-Mart. 
Show me where I ever said a WDFW employee told me their were no wolves. I am relaying info I was provided.

Ok, lets see if I've got this straight:  There are wolves on the Palouse.  No WDFW official ever once told you there weren't wolves on the Palouse (because obviously there are).  However, someone told you that some wdfw staff told them there weren't wolves on the Palouse?  Did I get that right?  You ever play that game "telephone" around a campfire?  :chuckle:  :chuckle: :chuckle:
Way to keep avoiding the question you can't answer the way you want and instead keep talking in circles.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #254 on: November 20, 2014, 06:22:46 PM »

:yeah:  Sorry TF, you're off the Reservation on this one.   :sry:

I understand the point you're attempting to make about how the WDFW says there weren't wolves there (if that was said) but to say the guy isn't responsible for killing a protected wolf is beneath your intellect.

You're about to label me a wolf lover so here goes...killing wolves illegally is not the way to making a positive change.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal