collapse

Advertisement

Poll

What do you think?

I will participate, if I DON'T have to be in the photo
25 (46.3%)
I like the new rules, I'm in either way.
29 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: October 27, 2014, 01:15:56 PM

Author Topic: I'm not doing Coyote madness because of Rule #24  (Read 24987 times)

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: I'm not doing Coyote madness because of Rule #24
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2014, 11:54:01 PM »
Most smart phones these days have a dual picture mode.  Is this acceptable to use as picture of self and everything else?

I was at Wally World a week or so ago (first time in about 10 years).  I was shocked how many cameras they have for less than $30!  Some have a lot of features too!  I didn't take a close enough look to see what had delayed shutter options, but I would assume at least a couple would have that :dunno:
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2014, 08:10:39 AM »
Most smart phones these days have a dual picture mode.  Is this acceptable to use as picture of self and everything else?

I was at Wally World a week or so ago (first time in about 10 years).  I was shocked how many cameras they have for less than $30!  Some have a lot of features too!  I didn't take a close enough look to see what had delayed shutter options, but I would assume at least a couple would have that :dunno:

Maybe most smart phones do have the ability to take pictures both ways but not everyone has or even wants a smart phone.  And as far as going out and purchasing a camera for this contest or any other contest it ain't gonna happen.
If rule 24 stays as is IMO I think it is unnecessary for the shooter to be in the picture and as said before I'll submit pictures but don't expect me to be in them as I can't be in the picture and take them too
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline Evil_EdwardO

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, LPC, ASF, GOA, RLRR
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2014, 08:25:24 AM »
I didn't vote because there are only two choices. Not participating or I like the rule. I don't necessary like the rule but am playing anyways. I feel that if some people don't have the technology or the money to buy the technology, that we are excluding them from the contest.

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2014, 11:22:48 AM »
I'm just going to repeat myself...

I think the monthly logo with team logo is fine.  I'm nervous of forcing people to put their face on the internet. 
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline Raul Duke

• Longhunter
  • Team Maybe Next Time
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2014, 11:27:20 AM »
I feel that if some people don't have the technology or the money to buy the technology, that we are excluding them from the contest.

I'm not sure how I can help with this problem. Weather its with a hand held camera, or a cell phone camera. A camera is going to be needed to participate. Just posting, "I shot 3 coyotes today" might not be enough.

Trying to include as many members as possible has always been the intentions. That's why the Photo Rule was put in, for non hunters that would like to participate , with out having to shoot any critters.
Coyote Madness 7 Stats:
Stands : 39
Kills : 3
Runners : 6
Misses : 5

Offline Raul Duke

• Longhunter
  • Team Maybe Next Time
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2014, 11:33:45 AM »
At this point it seems like a few people just don't like being in front of the camera. I'm ok with that. I don't either.  I did how ever want to give everyone the chance to voice their opinion about this rule.  With almost 1,000 views I think its safe to say, who ever wanted to speak up has.

We have 25 members that are willing to participate if they do not have to be in the picture. That would put us over 80 participants for the contest. With plenty of time for more to join in. More contestants = more coyotes hitting the ground = more wildlife that is saved.  :tup:

I will lock the voting, and remove that part of the rule.  Thank you for everyone that has PM'd me, and spoke up.   
Coyote Madness 7 Stats:

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2014, 11:34:19 AM »
I'm just going to repeat myself...

I think the monthly logo with team logo is fine.  I'm nervous of forcing people to put their face on the internet.
:yeah:
We have people on here in law enforcement, foster parents, people in custody battles, with sensitive jobs, and plain ol conspiracy theorists who just dont want their pics on the net.  The including your face as a requirement is sort of a bad idea.  I would join but I dont get out hunting and I never kill anything and I dont take selfies so just been reading along keeping that views count up :)

Offline chester

• Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2014, 11:45:20 AM »
I've been toying with the idea of joining . That rule was the deal breaker ,I struggled to try and think up a way to get myself in the picture hunting solo along with dragging a sign along just in case. I could see how to get myself and the yote or the sign and coyote but trying to do both seems like a pretty big hassle on my own. But then again most of the dogs I shoot are victims of opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dilligaf

Offline Raul Duke

• Longhunter
  • Team Maybe Next Time
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2014, 11:48:19 AM »
24.  ALL PARTICIPANTS: Each photo of your kills MUST contain these items. You MUST have the monthly image along with your team logo,  in the picture to claim the kill. 

Please go to the sign up thread and put yourselves down on a team, as a team  or as a Free Agent.   
Coyote Madness 7 Stats:

Offline VarmintVentilator

• Scout
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2014, 12:16:14 PM »
The monthly image and team logo should work just fine.  Thanks Raul.   :tup:

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2014, 04:27:27 PM »
I need some kinda Gismo to hold my phone on my bow ...they do take very clear videos ...ALL THESE RULES ARE JUST FINE BUT if everyone is worried about cheating then we should all carry a can of colored paint and a different color for each month ...Spray the tails  :dunno: :twocents: :chuckle:

Offline fast1

• Team: Dog Scat
  • Scout
  • one shot,make it count!
  • Groups: rmef,nra,nwtra,nwma,wspa.
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2014, 09:17:32 PM »
I think people just wanted something to whine about!  I have logos all over my pick up about killing dogs and have got a lot of thumbs up. But I have NEVER had a anti approach me! Almost all my pics with dogs have been selfies. It ain't hard people! Place your phone or camera in a bush or rock or stump or......
I'm proud of what I do to help other game animals,farm animal's, agriculture and even the neighbors cat which I despise more than a coyote! I understand gringos reasoning, but that about anti's I feel is a crock of
Take'em boys!

Offline aer212

• Longhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2014, 09:23:05 PM »
I need some kinda Gismo to hold my phone on my bow ...they do take very clear videos ...ALL THESE RULES ARE JUST FINE BUT if everyone is worried about cheating then we should all carry a can of colored paint and a different color for each month ...Spray the tails  :dunno: :twocents: :chuckle:

That wouldn't work for those of us keeping the hides. :chuckle:

Offline aer212

• Longhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2014, 09:24:03 PM »

That wouldn't work too well for those of us keeping hides. :chuckle:

Offline Heredoggydoggy

• Old Salt
  • Team I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS $H!T !
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2014, 08:46:52 AM »

That wouldn't work for those of us keeping the hides. :chuckle:

That wouldn't work anyway.  You can get spray CHALK that would wash right off and a new color put on...  :twocents:
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

When Bernie Madoff did it, it's called a "Ponzi Scheme"
When Government does it, it's called "Social Security"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]