collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: What have you found while hunting??  (Read 50418 times)

Offline 206

• Cray206
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: What have you found while hunting??
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2014, 07:37:17 AM »
I am sitting here thinking dude you found some guys testicles laying in a path and didnt call the authorities....

That would have been "sack".

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2014, 08:11:22 AM »
A absolutely spotless white dress hanging by a clothes hanger from a tree limb, I have no idea why but far enough out there that it made no sense what so ever.  Just left the dress, figured someone knew it was there.

I saw a chick walking the PCT wearing nothing but mosquitos and a watch.  Maybe she forgot which tree she hung her dress from :chuckle:
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline Fullabull

• Longhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2014, 08:40:57 AM »
found these a couple years ago. I even looked up their history which was kind of fun...
There were in the same place...no others around

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2014, 08:51:44 AM »
Tons of mylar baloons, a few old pocket knives, old trappers cabin way, way back in a MT draw (was full of old cooking gear/lantern/stretching boards, etc.) and I never found it again, a full bull elk skeleton (buddy packed the rack out), another buddy found a rangefinder, another buddy found a two way radio.  I came across a skinned out wolf carcass this year in ID and high on an ID ridge, I came across the memorial pictured below.. that had to be one of the coolest things I've ever came across in the elk woods. 

Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline kbrowne14

• Hunter
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2014, 09:19:19 AM »
Tons of mylar baloons, a few old pocket knives, old trappers cabin way, way back in a MT draw (was full of old cooking gear/lantern/stretching boards, etc.) and I never found it again, a full bull elk skeleton (buddy packed the rack out), another buddy found a rangefinder, another buddy found a two way radio.  I came across a skinned out wolf carcass this year in ID and high on an ID ridge, I came across the memorial pictured below.. that had to be one of the coolest things I've ever came across in the elk woods. 

That memorial is pretty damn cool.  I like it when I come across things in the middle of the woods that somebody has put a lot of time and effort into making.  Be it a meat pole, pile of rocks, targets, or memorials.  Its just kinda cool.
"We got a little distracted by somebody doin' the Repeater."

"Huh. That'll happen.  That will happen."

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
Back in the 70s my best friend and my wife and I were hunting north of Hoquiam for deer when we came upon a man and woman walking up the road. They said they'd gotten their car stuck so we gave them a ride back to their car and pulled it out of the ditch with my Landcruiser. When we got back to my buddy's house his mom asked if we'd picked anybody up that day? We said yes and asked, "Why?". She said, "I think the county sheriff is looking for you." She said she'd heard a report on the radio that they were looking for a green and white Toyota Landcruiser that was in the area she knew we were hunting. So we called the Sheriff's office and they invited us to come up to Montesano to pick the guy we'd helped out of a lineup. It seems he'd kidnapped the lady from a grocery store parking lot (in her own car) and taken her out in the woods and raped her, then got the car stuck. She said she didn't try to get us to help her get away because the guy claimed to have a pistol in his coat pocket and she felt like he wasn't going to do her any more harm. We all easily picked him out of the lineup and were told we'd be asked to testify at his trial, but he ended up pleading guilty before that came about so that was the last we heard of it.

The next wasn't me, but a friend who was out duck hunting when he found another friend of ours who had disappeared three months earlier. His body was pinned up against a log jam in a large creek.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:31:22 AM by Sitka_Blacktail »
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline 334OKH

• Hunter
  • Groups: SCI,RMEF,NRA
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »
Hard to top these!  I found an old blind that had four quarters in it all prior to 1960, my guess is they were left to see if somebody found the place the user would know? Arrowheads, black powder era cartridges( all fired). Spurs etc.  I had a friend find old human remains. I did find the box of cremated remains where I would sit on an old deer trail. I guess others knew about it too. Compared to many of these posts, I haven't been very lucky.

Offline 334OKH

• Hunter
  • Groups: SCI,RMEF,NRA
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2014, 09:32:28 AM »
Phantom16, Was that in the Salmon/NorthFork country?

Online Old Man Yager

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, PRHAA
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2014, 10:56:53 AM »
I found a pack of smokes on a stump up behind riffe lake about 7 years ago, my son thought that was cool so we put them in a ziplock and kept them, don't really know why, cause we don't smoke!! Found a Primos bugle last year, and my son proceded to lose it this year. Easy come, easy go. If anybody finds my shooting sticks in the bottom of a s--thole in Vail, you will have earned them!! I picked up a homemade scope cover last week that somebody cut out of an inner tube.
My Dad always said, " Get a bigger hammer "

Offline Jeeper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »
Three years ago I found a bag under a large fallen tree with about two dozen blasting caps. At first I thought - Cool!  Then I thought, nothing good will come of this, so I buried them.

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2014, 11:30:11 AM »
I found a good size pot grow when i was in 7 th grade, I made some pretty good coin that year :tup:
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2014, 11:44:55 AM »
 Couple from the Colockum
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline gr8whthunter

• Team Moon Howlers 1
  • Scout
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
when i was 15? over in montana with my father and found an old model T? door in the middle of BF nowhere i picked it up only to find probably a dozen old spring traps that i really wish i would have grabbed and taken them with, i guess the 3 hour pack made the decision not to.

when i was 17? found a pot grow op, went back a couple months later and it had been moved but all the water jugs where still there

ive found multiple cars, knives, arrows nothing really cool lately. just an old pair of simmons binos that were rotted and fell apart once i grabbed them. im sure im forgetting some stuff i found out dinkin around
Completely not The Chosen One of the YKWTSASFFRO...

Tikka T3 Lite 270wsm
Remington M700 22-250 BDL
Savage M93R .17HMR
Winchester model 94 (1972) 30-30
Diamond Archery - Outlaw

Online JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2014, 12:02:10 PM »
I found a hoochie mama elk call one year.  Found a few cabins.  Some old horse camps with a bunch of stuff stashed. Old hidden fish hatcheries--thought one was a meth lab at first.

Offline elkboy

• Sourdough
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2014, 12:11:20 PM »
Back around 2002 or so, a flock of ruffed grouse I was stalking literally led me right to a man in his 80's who had been lost in the woods for seven days.  The official search had been called off, and he was miles from civilization, unable to rise from where he lay in the salal (just twenty yards from an unused Forest Service road).  The probability of that day working out the way it did is staggeringly low... I guess the Lord can use even some forest grouse to good purpose! 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]