collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: What have you found while hunting??  (Read 50354 times)

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
Re: What have you found while hunting??
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:03 PM »
Found grave markers in the Middle Fork of the Salmon in Idaho, several old cabins. Then I bought a book that told the stories and history of those places.
  I was in the cascades in an area that was pretty far from a trail and rough climbing, found a small cave that had a couple of tin cans that looked 40-50 years old and a fire ring.  Very cool to know another hunter was there.

Offline Bookworm007

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2014, 10:18:50 PM »
Found a 70's subaru wagon down in a deep dark nasty hole. Shot up and stripped pretty well. Still had an engine though!!!
"I ain't never had too much fun"

Offline RadSav

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2014, 10:19:13 PM »
I took a girlfriend hunting with me and found a wife. 

She took a nasty spill down some slippery rocks.  Sacrificed herself to save my favorite rifle.  She was banged up to beat heck, but not a scratch on my rifle.  Knew right then and there I had finally found "The One"! :chuckle: :chuckle:
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline wildweeds

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »
Dangit,I was hoping to read a story about finding a Browning Over/under citori 20 gauge in the middle of the Tuccannon River Road at the Hartsock grade cutoff,I pulled a dummy manuever and left it on top of the canopy in a hurry to get to the next spot,the last I ever saw of it was a portion of the buttplate and about 30 feet of skidmarks. :yike: Coolest thing I ever found was a Buckboard wagon wheel and hub down in a hole near McGlaughlin canyon,I carried the thing out for my grandmothers collection.Worst thing I ever found was two dead cows and a spike bull all piled up and bloated 4 days after the season opener in the naneum.

Offline HUNTNORTHWEST

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2014, 11:20:45 PM »
Is it just me or am i the only one that finds popped balloons everywhere i go hunting. Usually the shiny space blanket style  birthday balloon.
A remarkable experience is one where the pain is forgotten so quickly, the frustrations and struggles are forgotten the minute you’re done.

I can’t wait to do it the next time.

Offline Bango skank

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2014, 11:48:08 PM »
Found a grow op this year

Offline RB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2014, 12:00:16 AM »
While Deer hunting in AK have found several shrimp and crab pots just up from the shoreline along with long line gear all neatly stacked. Found a steel wedge off an old road stuck in a slab of cedar dug it out took it home. Found a 12 foot 3/4 inch galvanized chain in the middle of a road did not see it literally stepped on it.
IAFF #3728

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2014, 12:09:29 AM »
Found 2 7mm shells one fired one not bear hunting late Sept this year.
A shot arrow the other day deer hunting.
Cabins mostly all tore down or rotted nothings been there for ever.
Esophogys off a deer that someone got the opener this year.
Those gloves people were talking about I've seen several just planted on a fence post in some of the areas I was driving this year.
old pair of binocs once pretty old too they hat a old brass or copper housing.
a old dresser drawer out in the middle of nowhere, but a old rotten camper, or trailer was right next to it so left the drawer. WOuld of been to heavy by myself so left it, but did make me feel like one of those horror movies where people find a old house or something so left and kept hunting.
not hunting but found a box of 8 track tapes once. a playboy on the side of the raod once many years ago.
several bone piles of deer or Cows etc.. saw what looked like a old car door the other day.
Old homesteads are good places to find old farm machinery old outhouses etc...
What gets me and I know it said no garbage but still what gets me is the can of beer way back off the trails you find sometimes.
Glass, mason jars, coins, hammers, wrenches, oil cans old ones, tin  drums, old stove oil well, or containers the thing you fill up to hold lots of heating oil. buckets plastic, and metal.  sets of keys once found a machete too.
Ya that one said he found a old cabin with a old rotten elk I'd stay the hell away, or call the cops maybe.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline ChasinTracks

• Tracker
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2014, 08:31:54 AM »
A man committed suicide on 410 car was there a week finally pulled in and went up to it he was done.Had a brand new 10-22 by his side the car was facing hells crossing turn out we got a cow that year was heading to break up camp had our meat in my jeep from squaw rock now when I see a car parked in turnouts I always think of that guy never heard who he was not a good ending to a great trip
Pilebuck, the person you came across that had committed suicide, were they driving a Volkswagen Jetta?  The reason I ask is because some years back I knew of some one that supposedly drove to one if their favorite areas and committed suicide but we were never given all the details. It crosses my mind once in a while because none if us ever saw it coming.

Offline pilebuck

• Scout
  • feel luckey?
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2014, 08:53:49 AM »
A man committed suicide on 410 car was there a week finally pulled in and went up to it he was done.Had a brand new 10-22 by his side the car was facing hells crossing turn out we got a cow that year was heading to break up camp had our meat in my jeep from squaw rock now when I see a car parked in turnouts I always think of that guy never heard who he was not a good ending to a great trip
Pilebuck, the person you came across that had committed suicide, were they driving a Volkswagen Jetta?  The reason I ask is because some years back I knew of some one that supposedly drove to one if their favorite areas and committed suicide but we were never given all the details. It crosses my mind once in a while because none if us ever saw it coming.
No he was driving a red Volvo older man in his late fifties early sixties about 5 or 6 years ago.

Offline carlyoungs

• Sourdough
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »
Not my story but my buddy was hiking with his girlfriend up by index and they came around the corner and there was a guy who just came out of the woods big guy. He stopped in the middle of the trail and he was naked from the waste down holding his junk and laughing at them. He started walking towards them and my buddy freaked out and didn't know what to do. He drew his pistol on him and asked him what the f he was doing and told him to get out of there. The guy turned around around and walked back into the woods. I couldn't stop laughing when he told me even know it's some pretty scary stuff.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »
Not my story but my buddy was hiking with his girlfriend up by index and they came around the corner and there was a guy who just came out of the woods big guy. He stopped in the middle of the trail and he was naked from the waste down holding his junk and laughing at them. He started walking towards them and my buddy freaked out and didn't know what to do. He drew his pistol on him and asked him what the f he was doing and told him to get out of there. The guy turned around around and walked back into the woods. I couldn't stop laughing when he told me even know it's some pretty scary stuff.

Isn't that considered a sex offense?

Offline carlyoungs

• Sourdough
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2014, 09:19:27 AM »
I would say so

Offline gr8whthunter

• Team Moon Howlers 1
  • Scout
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2014, 09:22:10 AM »
whats a good day in the woods without getting offended sexually though, come on now cant miss out on that
Completely not The Chosen One of the YKWTSASFFRO...

Tikka T3 Lite 270wsm
Remington M700 22-250 BDL
Savage M93R .17HMR
Winchester model 94 (1972) 30-30
Diamond Archery - Outlaw

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2014, 09:25:42 AM »
whats a good day in the woods without getting offended sexually though, come on now cant miss out on that

Mental note: don't hunt in Clallum county.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

1x scopes vs open sights by nwhunter
[Today at 03:54:47 AM]

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]