collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Yard Buck  (Read 9833 times)

Offline Watimberghost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Yard Buck
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 10:06:47 AM »
Nothing wrong with some home grown deer :tup:

Offline Rich_S

• Scout
  • Retired Seattle Fire Captain - 1st. Paramedic
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 10:17:48 AM »
A small buck woke me up last night walking back and forth in front of the driveway alert on my detached garage. No shooting area. Bah!
Rich

Offline baldopepper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 10:29:08 AM »
My nephew and his buddy did just the opposite. They drove 300 miles to shoot a couple of the whitetail "yard bucks" that have been hanging around my house all year.  I'd feel guilty if I shot one of them, but it doesn't bother them.

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 10:31:10 AM »
That's awesome!  :tup:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline RB

• Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 05:56:02 PM »
My nephew and his buddy did just the opposite. They drove 300 miles to shoot a couple of the whitetail "yard bucks" that have been hanging around my house all year.  I'd feel guilty if I shot one of them, but it doesn't bother them.

WOW! Very Nice!  :tup:
IAFF #3728

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 06:19:38 PM »
A guy needs an easy one once in awhile  :dunno: :chuckle: :tup:

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 06:39:23 PM »
So I drive over 300 miles one way to hunt for Mule and Whitetail Deer. Mostly because I want to, but also because there are not that many Deer here in the Puget Sound foot hills. My hunting partner and I had a great trip over east despite the fact that we did not harvest anything.

After getting home I decided I would give some old haunts a quick look especially after the storm that blew through the night before. The pickup was ready, the pack was ready, the rifle was ready, all that needed to be done was get the kids on the bus in the AM and I'm off!

Get the kids up dressed, fed, lunches finished put together and out the door. Load them on the bus and head for the shop to get the pickup. As I am walking back into my driveway I notice a Deer down lower in the yard no big deal there have been Does around quite a bit the last few years, but it looks different; dark, thick neck, standing still as a statue, Buck!

Having done this for a few years the little voice in my head says keep walking, don't look at him, and get to the shop. After trying to break the key off getting into the shop, grab my rifle and binos then back around the shop to see if he moved. Surprisingly he is still standing in the same spot, glass him and he was staring straight at me all the while I am thinking the rack is small, but he is big bodied.

Confirm shooter take a knee level off on his throat, one shot and he is done not so much as a twitch. Get him gutted, hung, skinned, legs and head off then drop him off for processing. The scale says 153 pounds! Biggest Blacktail I have ever harvested. Here he is as he laid.

Funny, I was thinking about you today, not that way..... I was wondering if you got a deer over here ? Funny how things work out, huh !!!!!!!
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Elvis

• Pilgrim
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 08:53:05 PM »
Good Story..ConGrats...

Offline RB

• Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 01:43:46 AM »
So I drive over 300 miles one way to hunt for Mule and Whitetail Deer. Mostly because I want to, but also because there are not that many Deer here in the Puget Sound foot hills. My hunting partner and I had a great trip over east despite the fact that we did not harvest anything.

After getting home I decided I would give some old haunts a quick look especially after the storm that blew through the night before. The pickup was ready, the pack was ready, the rifle was ready, all that needed to be done was get the kids on the bus in the AM and I'm off!

Get the kids up dressed, fed, lunches finished put together and out the door. Load them on the bus and head for the shop to get the pickup. As I am walking back into my driveway I notice a Deer down lower in the yard no big deal there have been Does around quite a bit the last few years, but it looks different; dark, thick neck, standing still as a statue, Buck!

Having done this for a few years the little voice in my head says keep walking, don't look at him, and get to the shop. After trying to break the key off getting into the shop, grab my rifle and binos then back around the shop to see if he moved. Surprisingly he is still standing in the same spot, glass him and he was staring straight at me all the while I am thinking the rack is small, but he is big bodied.

Confirm shooter take a knee level off on his throat, one shot and he is done not so much as a twitch. Get him gutted, hung, skinned, legs and head off then drop him off for processing. The scale says 153 pounds! Biggest Blacktail I have ever harvested. Here he is as he laid.

Funny, I was thinking about you today, not that way..... I was wondering if you got a deer over here ? Funny how things work out, huh !!!!!!!

Yeah the kid missed his Doe and we saw one really nice shooter whitetail about 700 yards out at the top of a clearing for about 10 seconds. Second to last day found a really good spot but the fog was bad. Same day I sat on a stump by the road waiting for my hunting partner and a Mule Deer Buck stood up behind me and started walking away only heard one snap of a branch turned around and he was running straight away so could not confirm he was a three looked big enough but not 100% sure so I did not shoot. The kid found an awesome shed so he was happy. We will be going back next year Tiffany's was a decent place to stay but cell coverage was not good. Thanks for the weather updates  :tup:
IAFF #3728

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 07:21:01 PM »
No problem RB. Glad I could at least give you the weather reports.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline BiggLuke

• Grouse Hunting Enthusiast
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
  • This site is very amusing
  • Groups: DU, NRA, Ruffed Grouse Society, Costal Conservation Society
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 07:26:37 PM »
sweet story.
Stan Marsh: "My Uncle Jimbo says we gotta get up there early. Right Uncle Jimbo?"

Jimbo: "That's right, Stanley. Animals are much easier to shoot in the morning."

Offline Axle

• Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »
Nice  :tup:
I assume with a body that big and a rack that small, he was regressing and old. still good eats!  :drool:
I am the man what runs with the football: Jerry Clower

Offline RB

• Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 09:02:31 PM »
Nice  :tup:
I assume with a body that big and a rack that small, he was regressing and old. still good eats!  :drool:

Surprisingly his teeth were in good shape and looked fairly young
IAFF #3728

Offline Kenaiwild

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Tracker
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 08:46:14 AM »
Here's a yard buck that was trying to get in the cabin on opening day to escape the pressure.  He doesn't know he is safe this year.

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 10:14:07 AM »
Awe, he's so cute!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal