collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2014 RUT Reports  (Read 55107 times)

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
Re: 2014 RUT Reports
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »
Should really pick up come mid November for you lucky tag holders........

Offline zackmioli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 09:28:49 PM »
I'll be heading out Saturday. Hopefully they are movin around, I was up last Saturday in the warmth and nothing was doin!

Offline Rainstorm Hunter

• Hunter
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »
Took my brother out this morning, he got a nice little 2pt blacktail. Swollen neck and smelling rutty.

Offline Turner89

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 09:42:30 PM »
I am really surprised I have not seen more Big Blacktail posted .. This could... go down as one of the best seasons I have seen in a long time ..The weather has been deer hunting weather since the opener and now it has rained for 4 days straight I would think there would be a lot more bucks hitting the dirt .... I am patiently waiting for late archery  :archery_smiley:
  :yeah: I feel the same way about this season. After tomorrow I'm off for a week. I'm more excited about this season than the last couple. I may have just jinxed myself  :chuckle:
" if your a 20 year old and not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If your a 40 year old and not a conservative,  you don't have a brain"

Offline kodiak 907

• Sourdough
  • Groups: U.S. Navy/Combat Recon, NRA, DU
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2014, 06:28:29 AM »
I am really surprised I have not seen more Big Blacktail posted .. This could... go down as one of the best seasons I have seen in a long time ..The weather has been deer hunting weather since the opener and now it has rained for 4 days straight I would think there would be a lot more bucks hitting the dirt .... I am patiently waiting for late archery  :archery_smiley:
  :yeah: I feel the same way about this season. After tomorrow I'm off for a week. I'm more excited about this season than the last couple. I may have just jinxed myself  :chuckle:

Most of the bucks that get shot will not get posted on here. I have seen more bucks hit the ground this year than any other since 99.  The weather has been freakin awesome and the rut down low started about a week and a half early.  We have passed on about 10-12 legal bucks(Multi-Season Tag).
Spider 2 Y banana

Offline Hoythunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2014, 08:11:03 AM »
About 10 years ago on October 15th I was reading an Outdoor Life article about the WT rut.  What caught my attention was the author stating that older does, primarily those that are going downhill with limited life expectency will actually go into cycle 30 days early.

The next morning, October 16th I watched (and later killed that day) a masher 145" 5x chase and dog a whitetail in unit 124.  Those that know this unit or surrounding units vary rarely see any kind of pre-rut activity until late October / early Nov, let alone chase.  Everytime i look at that buck it reminds me anything can happen at any given time.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2014, 09:26:18 AM »
That's an interesting fact Hoyt.   We learn something new everyday. 

Offline TommyH

• Sourdough
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2014, 09:46:02 AM »
About 10 years ago on October 15th I was reading an Outdoor Life article about the WT rut.  What caught my attention was the author stating that older does, primarily those that are going downhill with limited life expectency will actually go into cycle 30 days early.

The next morning, October 16th I watched (and later killed that day) a masher 145" 5x chase and dog a whitetail in unit 124.  Those that know this unit or surrounding units vary rarely see any kind of pre-rut activity until late October / early Nov, let alone chase.  Everytime i look at that buck it reminds me anything can happen at any given time.

I did not know that about the older does.   :tup:

Offline Band

• Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2014, 10:58:50 AM »

Neither did I, but it makes sense given the fact that does of the human variety seem to be raring to go a little more than they did in their 20's.  Can I get an "Amen"? :llam:

Offline tgomez

• Sourdough
  • "IF IT BLEEDS, WE CAN KILL IT!"
  • Groups: Evergreen Archery Club, Spokane Rifle Club, NRA
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2014, 07:37:42 PM »
Yes, the rut is going to be early this year. Lots of fresh rubs and scrapes around. I truly believe the rut will be in full force around Halloween to the fifth of November. Should be a good late season for those of you with tags still. I'm done with a 17 inch wide, whitetail 4 by 4, 200 lbs. :tup: GOOD LUCK my fellow outdoorsman!!!!
☠🫀 ULTIMATE PREDATOR 🫀☠

Offline sirmissalot

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • chadpburgess@faceboo​k.com
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2014, 07:50:22 PM »
I finally watched a two point dogging a doe tonight. Not early in my area, but finally seeing some sign of day time movement. Next week should be good

Offline 270Shooter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2014, 08:04:03 PM »
Saw three mature bucks on the firing center today, all but one were with does and they were all on the move. Not acting too rutty but it seems like it should pick up from here.

Offline Turner89

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2014, 09:58:23 PM »

Neither did I, but it makes sense given the fact that does of the human variety seem to be raring to go a little more than they did in their 20's.  Can I get an "Amen"? :llam:
"Amen"..........Couldn't leave you hanging  :chuckle:
" if your a 20 year old and not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If your a 40 year old and not a conservative,  you don't have a brain"

Offline johnnyaustin44

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2014, 04:55:26 AM »
Shot this blacktail last night. Was out in a clear cut solo tearing up a sapling. Big swollen neck and a bit rank. Also saw a nice three by three in the neighborhood hounding a doe pretty hard.

Offline TommyH

• Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2014, 06:20:21 AM »
Nice buck Johnny, congrats! His neck is pretty swollen.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal