collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Late Season  (Read 2783 times)

Offline BetoBow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Late Season
« on: October 22, 2014, 05:59:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

I will be chasing elk in the winter (bow) since I had no luck in September; I was hoping to get some advice on location. I am debating between the Rimrock and the Nile unit. I will be hunting for all of the late season. I am not looking for honey holes (unless you want to) :chuckle: but was hoping I can get pointed in the right direction. If I can get some pointers on hunting late season I would greatly appreciate it. Hope to hear from you guys and appreciate any help I can get.

Offline hughjorgan

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: Late Season
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 06:12:54 PM »
The nile can get crowded during the late hunt and you will be hunting local elk if we don't get snow. Hasn't snowed in a few late seasons. Never hunted rimrock but the cowiche can be good for late season. They also opened 342 umptanum, could be a good migration hunt if the weather is there.

Offline BetoBow

• Tracker
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 01:17:12 PM »
Thank you I will look into the Cowiche area and and do some scouting

Offline rover758

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 12:09:26 PM »
The nile can get crowded during the late hunt and you will be hunting local elk if we don't get snow.

:yeah:

I normally hunt the Nile or the Nachese if it's open for late archery.  The Nile seems to be more crowded the further east you go - say up the Clover Springs Road.  Still crowded but maybe not so much up the 1706 above Cliffdell or the 1709 on the west side of the Nile.  I believe Little Nachese (346) is also open but they gave out a LOT of cow permits there during modern.  Because of that I'll hunt the Nile but may take a peak at 346 a couple times depending on the slow.  When the 346 was open for late archery I talked to some guys who said they got a couple off the 1901 line but ...

I'll be camped up the 1709 starting Thanksgiving day where the 340 and 336 meet the 1709 and will be there until it closes.  Feel free to stop in and compare notes.  Arctic Fox trailer and a dark green F-350 crew cab with black bed cover. 

Good luck ... maybe I'll see ya out there!
SMSgt, USAF, Ret
1976 - 1997
** Due to the rising cost of ammo warning shots will not be fired **
** All I ask is for the chance to prove that money can't make me happy (S. Milligan) **

Offline BetoBow

• Tracker
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 11:16:16 AM »
Awesome thank you I will definitely try to stop by. I will be on a black Toyota Pickup :tup:

Offline rover758

• Hunter
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 07:45:19 AM »
Change to the plan .... my buddies wife's doesn't want to drive up the hill to drop him off so I'll be camped by the Old River Road brides.  Probably down on the flat on the left before you cross the bridge.  I have beer!!!
SMSgt, USAF, Ret
1976 - 1997
** Due to the rising cost of ammo warning shots will not be fired **
** All I ask is for the chance to prove that money can't make me happy (S. Milligan) **

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 01:25:14 PM »
I'll be camping in the area for 6 days.

Offline wildmanoutdoors

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 01:30:15 PM »
Our group will be there the 24th. We will be on the Clover Springs side of things.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal