collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Not a priority anymore???  (Read 10548 times)

Offline hoyt2002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Not a priority anymore???
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 04:56:14 PM »
My last interaction with a warden was a good one. I had even violated a game law. Not on purpose  mind you but the warden used it as a education  moment. He showed me what I had done wrong and left it at that. We corrected the error. He hung out awhile and talked some more and was on his way. Others I know also had good interactions that day with warden Horn. They like most cops are doing a tough job with limited resources. The state is the issue not giving them the resources and money they need.

Offline longrangehunter338

• Hunter
  • Groups: NRA,3GUN,RMEF
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 06:10:24 PM »

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 06:32:14 PM »
Last year our Twisp Camp we had two west side agents stop in and check our papers.

Muzzy elk this year 1712 road in 342 , two wardens screamed by our camp with lights flashing up the mountain. No word what where they were going.

Deer camp Twisp this year. Intersection of Little Bridge Creek and 4410 rd.
Check point three wardens and one sheriff. Stoping all hunters.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 09:15:58 PM »
We use to look forward the big Jim Montgue's visit to our camp on Friday before the opener.
Since Jim retired, I have not had the opportunity to meet any of his replacements.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2014, 07:11:36 PM »
Last year our Twisp Camp we had two west side agents stop in and check our papers.

Muzzy elk this year 1712 road in 342 , two wardens screamed by our camp with lights flashing up the mountain. No word what where they were going.

Deer camp Twisp this year. Intersection of Little Bridge Creek and 4410 rd.
Check point three wardens and one sheriff. Stoping all hunters.
I saw a warden today and he had all the stuff for a checkpoint and was already driving off.  Just down from him were a sheriff's deputy and two FS rangers.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2014, 07:19:52 PM »
I remember past years where they had forest service people deputized and helping out on some infractions,they would even have checkpoints set up to check for loaded rifles,check lic.etc,etc.

Forest Service Law Enforcement Officers have federal authority to enforce state fish and wildlife laws thru the federal court system. They don't need the state's permission and need to be deputized. Additionally, some states then give some federal agencies the authority to enforce state fish and wildlife laws through the state court system. Examples of these states include WA, Idaho, Montana, and Colorado

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2014, 07:21:51 PM »
I don't know what ownership of land you are on, but when there are two USFS leo's covering millions of acres doing the duties 8 should/would normally do, they don't have time to focus on that. Thank the governments budget cuts. 
And it will be getting worse. The USFS Law Enforcement budget will be/is getting cut another 15% nationwide in 2015. We are almost at the point where half of the USFS LEO positions in WA are vacant and there are no plans to fill them anytime soon.

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »
I don't know what ownership of land you are on, but when there are two USFS leo's covering millions of acres doing the duties 8 should/would normally do, they don't have time to focus on that. Thank the governments budget cuts. 
And it will be getting worse. The USFS Law Enforcement budget will be/is getting cut another 15% nationwide in 2015. We are almost at the point where half of the USFS LEO positions in WA are vacant and there are no plans to fill them anytime soon.

Thanks bigtex,sad situation IMHO.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal