collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Duckmen1 season thread  (Read 17781 times)

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
Duckmen1 season thread
« on: October 27, 2014, 08:26:45 PM »
Thought it would be fun to keep a thread going this year on success. Last year was an awesome year dropping 101 ducks and a few geese. So this years season I have high hopes. Started early goose season with 5 geese dropped between two of us the first day and 4 the second day. The third day saw a bunch but no shots. These photos will be of total birds on trip and me with my birds primarily due to not wanting to post others without permission.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: Duckmen1 season thread
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 08:29:02 PM »
Day one and two totals.

Haven't hit duck hunting up yet due to big game hunting trips and work but hoping this week will have more to show for.
Going into this season with the least amount of areas to hunt since I started duck hunting due to private lands selling off and other area closures. So hoping the knowledge I've gained and persistence I plan on putting into the season will pay off.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 08:54:35 PM »
We had a slow couple days local to my area only getting 1 mallard. So took a trip today and did decent. Saw tons at first light then other hunters took a few shots and things died quickly. But stuck it out and took what we had offered to us and made a decent hunt out of it. Missed a few but did decent overall on our shooting. The mallards called right in and worked over us perfectly and took full advantage of the opportunities by them.
Our stoegers and the benelli once again proved flawless work.

Offline irishevox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: n/a
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 11:08:17 AM »
why am I not hunting with you
Member:  YKWTSASFFRO (The young Buck)

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 05:56:40 PM »
A quick little jump shoot. Most stayed too far but this one got a bit to close. And shot one single duck that was not pictured

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »
Another trip. Was a fun two man limit. If I would have shot better early on we would have had more mallards and less buffies. But still had a great time.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 06:05:52 PM »
And the most recent trip. A last minute decision after finding out I had the day off. Called a hunting partner up and my brother and had a good hunt. 16 ducks. 2 mallards. 3 teal. 1 ringneck. 8 shovelers. And two widgeon. And 3 geese. Good day.  For the most part we shot them up. I missed one bird off the start and got gun caught on jacket raising on another flock which caused me not to shoot but otherwise birds that came in went down. But made up for.that on 3 teal that I dropped all in the group.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 06:11:53 PM »
I would try to get you out Irishevox but honestly though schedualing is tough to go right now and each hunt I go on is last minute decision. Some hunts are on a whim after getting off work. Other hunts are a lot of work that most aren't willing to do to get there. We definatly work hard on some of our hunts to get what we do. Wish I could hunt with everyone but even close buddies right now are waiting for a phone call to hunt.
Sorry Irish I didn't see your other thread of unofficial pics otherwise I would have posted there on my pics. But since I got this going now I'll stick with it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:20:13 PM by duckmen1 »

Offline irishevox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: n/a
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 06:48:13 AM »
sounds good I like seeing them regardless
Member:  YKWTSASFFRO (The young Buck)

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 05:42:43 PM »
A little two man morning hunt. We were gonna go for and evening duck and goose to to add to the morning but opted to have some fun at the range. Missed one duck and didnt see a pair coming in other wise we shot good.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »
Seeing the biggest flocks of mergansers ive ever seen. So taking them out for now

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 12:14:41 PM »
A slow thanksgiving hunt. But took out two fisheaters.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 08:44:08 PM »
Decided while I was out taking care of buisiness I would bring the shotgun along and do a quick jump shoot. Found a flock of 6 mallards and got two. Also thought I would try to take better field photos instead of in the truck. They look nicer. :)

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 09:38:59 PM »
Definitely nicer composition on the field pick.  Keep knocking them down.   :tup:

Offline Badhabit

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 10:01:44 PM »
I don't know anyone that shoots "Hollywoods" aka spoonbill/shoveler on purpose. Now I've never shot a merganser or eaten one so I don't know how they taste. The people I've hunted with over the years in Eastern WA. would not shoot them as they referred to them as a "POS" and not worth eating.
Someday I would like to harvest a mature fully plumed drake Shoveler for the wall.
I've seen lots of photos with shovelers being affected with rice breast.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]