collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Boisfort Rifle Cow Tag Help Requested  (Read 1465 times)

Offline huntaddictsteve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Boisfort Rifle Cow Tag Help Requested
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:58:14 PM »
Well, I am in the military and put in for numerous tags last year while I was in Afghanistan not hunting and drew the Boisfort Rifle Cow Tag, as well as the multi-season elk and deer tag.  I was pumped, because I have been hunting elk for 5 years with no success, and really thought this was going to be the year.  I have been hunting hard with no success.  Been seeing bulls, but just not during the season on Weyerhauser land.  I am a little familiar with the Boisfort area but don't have any access to the tree farms.  I was wondering if anyone on this forum might know of any farmers with elk problems that might want a cow taken.  I am also willing to do any needed work on the farm as well.  Would just really like to punch the ticket this year.  I am also having knee surgery right after rifle elk season, so the rest of my multi-season pass will probably go down the tubes.

I hate asking for help, but thought I would give it a try, and really appreciate all the forum members input's on this site.  It has been a real treat to read, as well as informative.

Offline fernsjd41

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
Re: Boisfort Rifle Cow Tag Help Requested
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »
With out having a wayco permit your chances are pretty slim, I have a permit and the cow tag and the area is very small. Most of the permit area is in the blockhouse lease area. Also most farmers out there don't give permission to anyone but family. Good luck.....

Offline Ingwe

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 08:51:59 PM »
A lot of the Boistfort  area is Sierra Pacific land

Offline 280ackley

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 09:05:47 PM »
 :yeah:
Life member: Washington Wild Sheep Foundation & NRA

Offline huntaddictsteve

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 09:56:12 AM »
Thank-you everyone for the information.  I might still go knocking on some doors, and offer gifts, as well as my man power and see if there are any folks out there willing to let me on their land.  Doesn't hurt.  I am still going to try for a bull this weekend on Weyco land in 672.  Again, I appreciate the replies and good luck to everyone this weekend :)

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal