collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Using your rifle scope to spot game or ME??  (Read 3160 times)

Offline HUNTNORTHWEST

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
Using your rifle scope to spot game or ME??
« on: October 29, 2014, 10:12:51 AM »
I been amongst the herd of rifle hunters for elk this season and i been ticked off about some of these guys in the woods.

Yesterday i had a guy in the woods point his rifle at me to look at me through his rifle scope!! Are you kidding me im obviously wearing orange and am not what your looking for. I don't care that you might want to see what direction im going or whatever. Pull up some binoculars and dont aim your probably loaded high powered rifle to me.

I was waving my hands and everything to get the man to stop and finally he put his gun down. Some of these people need to re visit their hunter safety or something i dont know. If anyone on here finds themselves using their scope to spot game or even people please stop immediately.
A remarkable experience is one where the pain is forgotten so quickly, the frustrations and struggles are forgotten the minute you’re done.

I can’t wait to do it the next time.

Offline gr8whthunter

• Team Moon Howlers 1
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Using your rifle scope to spot game or ME??
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 10:24:32 AM »
when i was younger i had a friend do the very same thing and i finally had enough of it and told him i will look you just sit until you buy some binos, he finally did and now i have an extra set in my rig at all times in case a friend forgets or doesnt have binos which i have had to pull out all to often and let them use the binos
Completely not The Chosen One of the YKWTSASFFRO...

Tikka T3 Lite 270wsm
Remington M700 22-250 BDL
Savage M93R .17HMR
Winchester model 94 (1972) 30-30
Diamond Archery - Outlaw

Offline cipryan

• Tracker
  • The Mighty Milk River
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 10:28:26 AM »
I have had people scope me before.  Don't like it at all and I usually hit the deck. 

Its just being lazy.  Get some binos.
Tell me how many pieces of flair you want me to wear.

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 10:30:20 AM »
Had a bear hunter scoping a clearcut that I was archery elk hunting in many many years ago. Before he got to me, I raised my bow and pointed it at him with my arm up like I was drawn back.  He jumped back when he got to me and drove off.  I use my scope to check out animals once they are spotted, but not to look for game.

If I saw someone scoping me, I would definitely scope them back, fair's fair.

Offline HUNTNORTHWEST

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 10:32:39 AM »
I will admit i waved my arms and gave him the bird. I didn't know what to do i didn't want to move.
A remarkable experience is one where the pain is forgotten so quickly, the frustrations and struggles are forgotten the minute you’re done.

I can’t wait to do it the next time.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »
Your best bet is to leave the area. Retaliating at someone who is ignorant, rude, or doesn't give a flip and has a lethal weapon pointed at you isn't a very good idea.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline gotcha

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 10:41:13 AM »
This is why my dad does not hunt any more.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 10:44:50 AM »
Your best bet is to leave the area. Retaliating at someone who is ignorant, rude, or doesn't give a flip and has a lethal weapon pointed at you isn't a very good idea.
Also have to wonder if the guy is on something.  May have smoked a little meth that morning.

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 10:58:57 AM »
I was standing about 10 feet from a group of deer and this hunter comes from the other direction and throws his rifle up I was furious and I yelled its a stupid spike get your gun off me.  which blew the deer out and I think scared the guy, he was so intent on deer he had no idea I was standing right there in the middle of a blasted road. :bash: :bash:

and yes I see it all the time no binos guys walking along and they use the scope to take a look... stop doing that.  what I have started doing is making my presence known and even going full crashing elk noisy just to make sure they know I am there then I park my rear and wait for them to leave.  Deer season is the worst.  I have so far not seen anyone really when I went out yesterday it was great.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 11:06:02 AM »
Had a bear hunter scoping a clearcut that I was archery elk hunting in many many years ago. Before he got to me, I raised my bow and pointed it at him with my arm up like I was drawn back.  He jumped back when he got to me and drove off.  I use my scope to check out animals once they are spotted, but not to look for game.

If I saw someone scoping me, I would definitely scope them back, fair's fair.

I know a couple of people tha have used this method. My understanding is people quickly understand the Error in thier judgement. (the origional idiots)
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal