collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: rimrock cow tag help  (Read 1277 times)

Offline redahtamn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
rimrock cow tag help
« on: October 29, 2014, 02:38:24 PM »
Hello all

My father and I were drawn for cows in the rimrock unit.  We have been hunting for the last few days and can't find anything. Were seeing sign just no animals. I have been lurking around the lost lake area. I do have a cell phone that has service most of the time. So if I do start seeing animals I can trade info with anyone with text. Capabilitied. 

Help is appreciated not expected.

Thanks all!

Offline wildmanoutdoors

• Sourdough
Re: rimrock cow tag help
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 02:41:33 PM »
Id get up higher. I think its more onesy twosy down lower. Id head up.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 04:51:43 PM »
Ill be blunt. Get off the roads. You see sign cause the elk are there, just so freaked out right now they are hold up in the thick nasty. Lost lake has probably seen 1000 people in the area this last week. The full auto gun fire on Sat did not help...if your reading this full auto guy, your a tool. Two weeks ago the elk where free grazing in the meadows until after shooting light...as more people came in they left the meadows earlier and earlier. I left on Sat with my bull tag filled. The masses that came in on thur and friday scared me. Gun shots everywhere. And like wildman said, go high. I killed my elk at 6000ft. If you have the legs go up towards the top of Short and Dirty, Darland Mnt or hike into the head waters of Conrad meadows. You will find elk. If you are intent on hunting Lost Lake you might get lucky, they are there, just not easy to shoot on a dead run.

Offline redahtamn

• Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 05:10:15 PM »
Spent most of today in Conrad meadows. Beautiful country. The local hunters said they've seen cows and pointed me in a general direction.

Thanks for the comments guys

Offline huntandjeep

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 05:58:30 PM »
Anywhere around Conrad ( and away from the road) would be a good area. Good luck.
Anyone that thinks a Glock is better than a 1911 paints his toenails.
Yakima Valley Mountaineers

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal