collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The Good and the Bad in the Nanuem  (Read 12723 times)

Offline GameHunter1959

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: The Good and the Bad in the Nanuem
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 10:18:40 AM »

that sounds so much like me. its hard to stop hunting where you grew up. that and too many coasties. its so ridiculous at how many idiots are in our part of the woods. they are like a big bee hive that just got swatted. they are everywhere. no respect.

You can thank Hancock, Weyco, Simpson, etc. for all the Westside hunters. I live on the Westside and prefer to hunt the Westside. Everything is becoming gated up and pay to hunt. It has become a rich and young mans hunt. Most older hunters cannot afford to pay (fixed income) or hike in miles to get behind the gates. After 35 plus years of elk hunting the Westside, we switched East. Way too many people and plenty of self entitled jerks, who think they own the land. We will probably stop hunting Wa for elk and look out of state. We did get out elk this year, but the overall hunting experience was diminished. 

Offline robodad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 10:40:26 AM »
its so ridiculous at how many idiots are in our part of the woods. they are like a big bee hive that just got swatted. they are everywhere. no respect.

Disrespectful idiot westside hunters hunting in your woods ?? 
The essense of freedom is the proper limitation of government !!!

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 10:57:39 AM »
its so ridiculous at how many idiots are in our part of the woods. they are like a big bee hive that just got swatted. they are everywhere. no respect.

It really is what ruined The Nanuem. I feel for the locals. The Nanuem really was a sacred hunting ground for a worthy few. It only took a handful of westside road hunter idiots and their big mouths to ruin it in just a couple years.
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline cbond3318

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 10:59:11 AM »

Pretty sure looking at the wound in the shoulder of that 1x2 that it came from a westsiders rifle :yike:
Just kidding, I really could care less where someone is from and where they travel to hunt. Hell , I am living here in Sunriver Oregon and traveled NORTH to the Nanuem!! :yike:
But I will tell you what, if I ever come across a wet side elk in MY east side unit he is gonna be in for it!! Some lines just don't get cross friends!
Just tend your own and live.

Online vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 11:05:13 AM »
I will never claim an area to be "mine" or "ours" just because a person lives there but I do understand where he is coming from. I think it is more of an eastside thing because more people go west to east then west to east.

I grew up in western washington and became an eastside guy 4 years ago so my attachment to the area is that my family is from the area and I still have family in Thorp and have family that owns property in the Taneum. Some of my grandpa's favorite stories and my dad's favorite stories are those that took place up in those hills. Even when I was little, we would take drives up there and you could see the love of it when my Gramps would point out things. He himself would talk about how it was starting to get overrun by out of towners. The last few times I have been in there, it has broke my heart to see every turnout with a camp, every hillside with orange all over and then the aftermath of garbage and junk. I know its not all westside people there and also leaving garbage but it still sucks none the less.
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline runamuk

• Explorer
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 11:12:56 AM »

It really is what ruined The Nanuem. I feel for the locals. The Nanuem really was a sacred hunting ground for a worthy few. It only took a handful of westside road hunter idiots and their big mouths to ruin it in just a couple years.

umm arent you from the wetside  :dunno: :chuckle:  I am not sure what I am guess I am a wetsider but I have no hometown no place to hunt that I grew up hunting I tend to hunt close to where I live so I can go there in the off season as well.  I live in the burg so I hunt the Naenum its the only place I have spent much time the last 3 years.  I spend more time in there usually during the off season but being a sort of placeless person I do wonder if I am also one of those dread wetsiders, had a real piece of work intimidate me over deer season ... I guess female alone looks a like a good target to be a jerk to when you are a 60 something man with your 20 something kids and your fancy spotting scopes and tough guy attitude and stuff.  That is what ruins it for me mean people and idiots who use riflescopes like binos.

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 11:23:25 AM »

umm arent you from the wetside  :dunno: :chuckle:  I am not sure what I am guess I am a wetsider but I have no hometown no place to hunt that I grew up hunting I tend to hunt close to where I live so I can go there in the off season as well.  I live in the burg so I hunt the Naenum its the only place I have spent much time the last 3 years.  I spend more time in there usually during the off season but being a sort of placeless person I do wonder if I am also one of those dread wetsiders, had a real piece of work intimidate me over deer season ... I guess female alone looks a like a good target to be a jerk to when you are a 60 something man with your 20 something kids and your fancy spotting scopes and tough guy attitude and stuff.  That is what ruins it for me mean people and idiots who use riflescopes like binos.

Yes :rolleyes: but I hunted it before it got ruined and had notta no part in the exploitation and the trashing. Sad to see it happen. I miss it up there.
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2014, 11:39:13 AM »
I will never claim an area to be "mine" or "ours" just because a person lives there but I do understand where he is coming from. I think it is more of an eastside thing because more people go west to east then west to east.

I grew up in western washington and became an eastside guy 4 years ago so my attachment to the area is that my family is from the area and I still have family in Thorp and have family that owns property in the Taneum. Some of my grandpa's favorite stories and my dad's favorite stories are those that took place up in those hills. Even when I was little, we would take drives up there and you could see the love of it when my Gramps would point out things. He himself would talk about how it was starting to get overrun by out of towners. The last few times I have been in there, it has broke my heart to see every turnout with a camp, every hillside with orange all over and then the aftermath of garbage and junk. I know its not all westside people there and also leaving garbage but it still sucks none the less.

That's everybody though, has absolutely nothing to do with Eastside Westside, plus someone has a license plate border from Issaquah and now the whole mountain is described as infested with shameful westsiders. I feel this way about seeing anybody in the same area I hunt.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 12:04:49 PM »
It's public land, get over it. Anybody can hunt there. If we want less hunters in certain units we need a permit only system instead of the current system we have. If people want a place all to themselves that nobody else can hunt, they need to buy their own land. This eastside versus westside mentality really irks me.   :bash:

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2014, 12:39:38 PM »
I had a funny conversation while deer hunting up in Winthrop this year. I was talking to a hunter who said he was camped in an area that I use to camp in.
He said:
 "I switched camp grounds because to many westsiders were coming over here and ruining our hunting on the east side".

I asked asked him where he is from and how long he has been hunting here?

He replied: "I live in East Wenachee, and started coming up here four years ago, you?"

I replied "I live in Puyallup, and I started hunting here twenty six years ago".

I think the irony was lost on him, LOL
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 12:43:30 PM »
When you have a mega tropalis only 2hrs from some awesome elk hunting what do you thinks gonna happen? Exactly what has been happening up there for a long time. The only solution is to block of I-90 so they can't get there... :chuckle:  Then make all elk hunting east side of the Crest trail permit for east side residents only.... :chuckle:
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 12:48:33 PM »
Do you think it is such an obvious issue to people because you have to declare East or West?  :dunno: It doesn't seem to get as much publicity when it comes to deer. For the record in 2011 I killed a BT on Whidbey Island and in 2012 killed a Muley near Asotin. How do the guys in the Northwest Corner feel? They get everybody!! :chuckle:

Offline GameHunter1959

• Longhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 08:23:30 PM »

Goes back to that "self entitled" thing I mentioned above. Typical...

Offline fremont

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2014, 08:50:43 PM »
I'm sure all of the krap that I pick up & pack out after a day in the field all come from Wetsiders.

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 09:34:32 PM »
I'm sure all of the krap that I pick up & pack out after a day in the field all come from Wetsiders.

You are ignorant.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]