collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: We got King Louie  (Read 12217 times)

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
Re: We got King Louie
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 08:56:57 PM »
Not a Washington buck.

Aw why go and ruin it?  :tung:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline no.cen.wa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 10:06:32 PM »
Thats a nice buck and a great story, not a Washington Buck huh, bro-in law shot a 200+ WASHINGTON Buck 2 years ago, public land, DIY general season. Now that was a great buck! We got it out whole too! Road was about a mile, downhill all the way! A Washington Buck.
   Just sayin

Offline Odell

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 07:16:34 AM »
I'm not sure what you are saying, that isn't washington.
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 07:55:10 PM »
The poster is from Utah, and it's from there. ;)
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 09:06:57 PM »

Thats a nice buck and a great story, not a Washington Buck huh, bro-in law shot a 200+ WASHINGTON Buck 2 years ago, public land, DIY general season. Now that was a great buck! We got it out whole too! Road was about a mile, downhill all the way! A Washington Buck.
   Just sayin

Yeah I didn't mean it wasn't a Washington buck because of its size. More so because of its location not being from Washington. Congrats to your brother. You should post up some pics and a story for us.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline no.cen.wa

• Hunter
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 10:22:29 AM »
I don't want to hijack a post but will post pic of buck taken in Washington 2012. My bro-in law and I where working large drainage area,(I took wrong side!) he shot it and he waited for me to get there to help drag out. He said, "I think it's a 4 or 5 point, I think I'll need help" So, down to the bottom and up to the top, greeted by the biggest smile that would not go away for days! Not much of a story, we hunt difficult terrain, always seems to be a long haul to get them out and this was one of the better ones as you can see by the pic's.

Offline Hill

• Pilgrim
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »
Stud buck for anywhere.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline Muleyslyr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2014, 11:13:44 AM »
Great write up. And what a cool looking buck. Definitely worth putting the tag on.

Online bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 11:15:13 AM »
I don't want to hijack a post but will post pic of buck taken in Washington 2012. My bro-in law and I where working large drainage area,(I took wrong side!) he shot it and he waited for me to get there to help drag out. He said, "I think it's a 4 or 5 point, I think I'll need help" So, down to the bottom and up to the top, greeted by the biggest smile that would not go away for days! Not much of a story, we hunt difficult terrain, always seems to be a long haul to get them out and this was one of the better ones as you can see by the pic's.

That is a DANDYYYYYY!!no.cen.wa :tup:

Offline GotMyTag

• Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, WSF, RMEF
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 06:25:37 AM »
Yes this buck was taken in Southern Utah.  And yes it was very near the road.  And yes it has way more wow factor than score factor. It was a special draw area and I am pretty sure I have a brother in law and 2 nephews who should draw this year.
The fun thing is last year I had 4 tags in 5 states.  And if you apply you can draw tags in areas like this too.  It does take a little patience.  But well worth it.  I sure hope to draw a tag in Washington sometime.  But maybe never.  Hard odds for the places we apply.  Mostly I put in for all the kids on some crazy good opportunities in Washington.  Thanks for a great site.

Offline link

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 07:29:49 AM »
Yes this buck was taken in Southern Utah.  And yes it was very near the road.  And yes it has way more wow factor than score factor. It was a special draw area and I am pretty sure I have a brother in law and 2 nephews who should draw this year.
The fun thing is last year I had 4 tags in 5 states.  And if you apply you can draw tags in areas like this too.  It does take a little patience.  But well worth it.  I sure hope to draw a tag in Washington sometime.  But maybe never.  Hard odds for the places we apply.  Mostly I put in for all the kids on some crazy good opportunities in Washington.  Thanks for a great site.
Awesome buck. One question, how do you get four tags in five states?  :chuckle:

Offline GotMyTag

• Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, WSF, RMEF
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »
That is funny.  4 tags in 5 states.
I cannot type and think I guess.
I meant to say 5 tags in 4 states. Thanks for catching my slip.

2 in idaho. 1 in each of the following. Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado.  yes all draw tags.

Sorry again for that mistake.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal