collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: HuntWA Decals - Teaser and Feedback Request  (Read 4583 times)

Offline YellowDog

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
HuntWA Decals - Teaser and Feedback Request
« on: October 30, 2014, 10:18:34 PM »
Okay folks, I am getting very close to being ready to take orders for decals.  I should be ready to roll sometime this weekend and will post details under the Sponsor Classified section.  Basically all of the images that were being sold by Kain plus just about any custom decals (within reason) will be available in the future.  I'd like to try to stick primarily to the non-custom (except for adding names/screen names) existing designs for the first couple of days but will take requests for custom stuff provided that everyone understands that custom stuff will take longer.

That said, here is a little teaser.  Other than a couple of failed "test" cuts of very simple images due to set up issues, this is the first decal I cut. 

There are a few issues here that I want to point out and clean up.  First, the details of the arrow can and should be cleaned up a little bit.  Second, I inadvertently removed a part of the decal leaving the big blue blank spot next to the elks ear.  That was an error made by me during the weeding process....weeding this decal is a major pain because of all of the fine lines and detail.  Other than that, I think it looks pretty good but I need to lay it on glass or some other dark background to see how it looks actually applied to something.  The size is 12" wide by 5" tall. 

Thoughts?

Offline Eli346

• Eli
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: HuntWA Decals - Teaser and Feedback Request
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 03:43:15 AM »
 I like it. I'll take at least 2 when you're ready.

Offline swanny

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
    • 9to5active
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 08:50:12 AM »
I like it but feel it's really busy for a decal sticker with the elk head and the outline of the state and hungtin-washington.com being completely spelled out. I might suggeest going with Hunt-WA.com (can that be made to work for getting people to the site?). Then choosing or making a couple options, one with the state outline, one with the elk head outline.

Offline YellowDog

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 09:07:14 AM »
I like it but feel it's really busy for a decal sticker with the elk head and the outline of the state and hungtin-washington.com being completely spelled out. I might suggeest going with Hunt-WA.com (can that be made to work for getting people to the site?). Then choosing or making a couple options, one with the state outline, one with the elk head outline.

Swanny, thanks for the feedback.  I too think it is busy.  I was trying to see if I could "honor" the official Hunting-Washington.com forum logo and at least have that available to people as an option.  I will sell these to people that want them but I will also be selling this style with various animal cut outs.  I can pretty much do any type and design on request too.

Offline elkoholic1

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: elkoholic1
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 09:16:29 AM »
I like it!!!    :tup:

Offline irishevox

• Sourdough
  • Groups: n/a
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 09:46:33 AM »
i def want two!  are you going to make a waterfowl one?
Member:  YKWTSASFFRO (The young Buck)

Offline scottcrb

• NRA, RMEF, Wa marketing director Montucky Cold Snack, MDF, BHA,
  • Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • Montucky Cold Snacks
  • Groups: nra, RMEF,MDF
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 09:48:30 AM »
looks good i think 12''x5" might be kinda big though

Offline gee_unit360

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 09:53:46 AM »
 :yeah:

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 10:08:56 AM »
Personally. I think a successful "busy" decal is what separates a good decal from cheesy decal's you can pick up at autozone or walmart. Those are the first ones I go oh dang, that looks good. 
I think the first one looks good and sticks with the original new design of the logo. In turn that would be the one I bought "If I ever did".
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline Smossy

• Illiterate Woodsman
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Slow down and enjoy the moment.
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 10:09:45 AM »

Swanny, thanks for the feedback.  I too think it is busy.  I was trying to see if I could "honor" the official Hunting-Washington.com forum logo and at least have that available to people as an option.  I will sell these to people that want them but I will also be selling this style with various animal cut outs.  I can pretty much do any type and design on request too.

These get the point across, but are cheesy. No offense to anyone.
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.

Offline YellowDog

• Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 10:39:38 AM »
i def want two!  are you going to make a waterfowl one?

Yes.  I will be posting the designs I have in a new post in the Sponsor Classifieds.  You can go there now and look at the designs Kain was selling a couple years ago to see what will be available "immediately" (as in this weekend).

He was kind enough to let me recreate those designs for folks on this site that want them. 

Offline YellowDog

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 10:42:32 AM »
looks good i think 12''x5" might be kinda big though

They are on the "biggish" side but because it is not a solid block that is 12x5 it doesn't seem as big as it is (if that makes sense). 

I don't think it will really work do to anything much smaller with this design because the cut out lines are already pretty thin and going smaller on the overall size decreases those lines proportinoally so they would get really small and not give any definition which would allow you to actually see the letters from any distance at all. 

Offline YellowDog

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 10:46:38 AM »

Thanks for your feedback.  Glad you like the "busy" one.  I like it too and am really happy with how well Smossy Girl's design could actually be cut on a vinyl cutter that looks good. 

No offense take regarding your opinion on the other styles but come on man, I'm trying to sell some of these and a lot of the members prefer the simple style so take it easy on us.   :chuckle: :tup: 

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 10:52:29 AM »

Your attempt at a beard is cheesy!!!!!!!!   :chuckle:

I like them both for diffrent reasons. The more basic is easier to get the gist of at a quick glance.

Offline whackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 12:06:57 PM »
looks good  :tup:
Kimber and Tikka are my pets

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]