collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: What is wrong with the "pro's" on TV now a days  (Read 23004 times)

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
Re: What is wrong with the "pro's" on TV now a days
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2014, 01:10:13 PM »
3 things wrong.
1) Most African hunts show their hunters carrying their guns over their shoulders loaded and pointed at everyone in front of them.  Just watched one yesterday. The arrogant hunter worked the bolt on his gun, chambering a round, then threw it over his shoulder, pointing it at his PH on an Asiatic buffalo hunt.
2) They are indirectly or unknowingly driving up the cost of hunting for all of us.
3)Too many of them are simply entertaining themselves and using us to pay for it. They laugh at themselves and their own jokes even when it's not funny.

These things drive me nuts but I also hate it when then re-show the same footage twice or more just to drag out the show.
I also like it when they say, "Yeah, we've put in a lot of miles today..........." and they've been glassing from a PU truck all day.
I'm envious. I wish I could afford hunts like that.
:yeah:
Even the so called "local" shows.  I feel that Titan is legit though and that's about it..

I know Chris, met several people that have hunts on his videos and heard the stories... Completely 100% legit.

Offline sakoshooter

• WFW Board of Directors
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Life Memberr NRA, Life Member Sumner Sportsmans Association
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2014, 09:44:18 PM »
3 things wrong.
1) Most African hunts show their hunters carrying their guns over their shoulders loaded and pointed at everyone in front of them.  Just watched one yesterday. The arrogant hunter worked the bolt on his gun, chambering a round, then threw it over his shoulder, pointing it at his PH on an Asiatic buffalo hunt.
2) They are indirectly or unknowingly driving up the cost of hunting for all of us.
3)Too many of them are simply entertaining themselves and using us to pay for it. They laugh at themselves and their own jokes even when it's not funny.

These things drive me nuts but I also hate it when then re-show the same footage twice or more just to drag out the show.
I also like it when they say, "Yeah, we've put in a lot of miles today..........." and they've been glassing from a PU truck all day.
Even the so called "local" shows.  I feel that Titan is legit though and that's about it..

I know Chris, met several people that have hunts on his videos and heard the stories... Completely 100% legit.

Completely 100% Legit................... What does that mean exactly? That they didn't poach? Most hunting shows are probably legit but that isn't what we're talking about. Pointing your rifle at your PH while carrying it over your shoulder is legit but is definitely dangerously ignorant also.
Rhinelander, WI
Home of the Hodag

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2014, 06:50:38 AM »
I don't watch any hunting on television anymore.

YouTube is where its at.

True story.  Shorter commercial breaks too.  There is a reason YouTube is the second largest site in the world (owned by the largest site)   :chuckle:

There are Primos episodes for days on YouTube.  Will Primos is one of the few hosts that doesn't make me foam at the mouth   :tup:  and their camera work is usually better than average. 
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 10:21:11 AM »
I have a new pet peeve with tv "hunters".  Talking to the camera with a big, sloppy dip in their lip!  I watched a few minutes of a show on dall sheep this morning and the host sounded like he has had a stroke with a big fatty dip in his lower lip.  It made him look very unprofessional.  If you are going to "chew", fine, just don't do it while talking on camera.   :dunno:

Offline BABackcountryBwhntr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA,CCA,RMEF,WSA,NFAA....
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2015, 07:39:42 PM »
3 things wrong.

yup.. you guys should be seeing some of our stuff in the next few years with them.. mostly unguided but we are doing a idaho bear hunt this year.

Offline BABackcountryBwhntr

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA,CCA,RMEF,WSA,NFAA....
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2015, 07:42:33 PM »
3 things wrong.

chris is a cool cat, hopefully some of our footage from this year will be on a upcoming dvd. mostly unguided but we are doing a guided hunt in idaho for bear this spring.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2015, 06:13:56 PM »
My girlfriend made it on a hunting show when she was 14. She's a lot more of a pro now than she was then!

How old is she now ? Just checkin'.... :chuckle:
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2015, 11:24:29 AM »
My girlfriend made it on a hunting show when she was 14. She's a lot more of a pro now than she was then!

How old is she now ? Just checkin'.... :chuckle:

:chuckle: I mean it's a fair question.  I doubt this was last year  :chuckle:
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal