collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Moses Lake area ice report?  (Read 13314 times)

Offline eastsidemallard74

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • EVEN THE PRESIDENT OF PETA EVOLVED FROM A HUNTER .
Re: Moses Lake area ice report?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 12:02:48 PM »
Reservation only field

Frozen ponds, just hunt geese

Would be nice but for many hunters when the freeze hits we can't retreat to private fields but only to find the end of the road for the season and is over before the migration arrived.
Is it waterfowl season yet..............

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 11:25:42 AM »
Reservation only field

Would be nice but for many hunters when the freeze hits we can't retreat to private fields but only to find the end of the road for the season and is over before the migration arrived.

I forgot to leave out the part no time to scout either.  Lots only have the time to rely on proven grounds that is now under ice. 
Don't read my post if facts hurt your feeling.

Offline Wackem

• Pilgrim
    • https://www.facebook.com/geardowncustomcalls
  • Groups: NRA, DU
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »
Thought I would send an update from the original post. Lots of ice and nothing melting during the day but found enough open water to scratch out a few.

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 11:37:36 AM »
Thought I would send an update from the original post. Lots of ice and nothing melting during the day but found enough open water to scratch out a few.

No boat no go.  Looks like you have a tank for one?

Offline Wackem

• Pilgrim
    • https://www.facebook.com/geardowncustomcalls
  • Groups: NRA, DU
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 12:07:49 PM »
A 16' sled w/pump. I suppose it does look like a tank, not pretty, but it gets the job done. The past couple of years I haven't been able to go out as much as I would have liked so I'm trying to get it out as much as possible this season.

Offline JBG

• Scout
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 01:49:45 PM »

Ahh I got some cheese over here for that wine.  ahah :chuckle:  Not trying to be an a** but it sounds like you are waiting or wanting perfect conditions to be able to shoot birds.  I can tell you that wont happen.  Its all part of the game, I have access to private ground but end up shooting lots of ducks on public.  My private spots are good for about 3 weeks during the season and crappy for the rest.  Instead of complaining I've found new areas, new techniques, and do a ton of scouting. No fault except my own if I dont have a good day.  I bet someone with the same problems as you was able to find a way to kill birds this weekend.  Dont get down on yourself find away to adapt and make the best of a hard situation.

Online CP

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »
Is it thawing out yet?

Offline Elkrunner

• Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 08:14:31 AM »
I highly doubt it.  Its still not getting above freezing over on this side of the hill

Offline eastsidemallard74

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • EVEN THE PRESIDENT OF PETA EVOLVED FROM A HUNTER .
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 08:15:36 AM »
I was on Pot holes Sunday and the ice was starting to show it's face about 1/2 mile in. And this is once you come around the point from the state park heading North, there's an island on the right, once you start to travel behind this is where I'm referring to.The main body is still open. Possibly with the warmer weather we're supposed to get it may a little, but the night time lows are going to be chilly
Is it waterfowl season yet..............

Offline 270Shooter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 11:51:28 AM »

Ahh I got some cheese over here for that wine.  ahah :chuckle:  Not trying to be an a** but it sounds like you are waiting or wanting perfect conditions to be able to shoot birds.  I can tell you that wont happen.  Its all part of the game, I have access to private ground but end up shooting lots of ducks on public.  My private spots are good for about 3 weeks during the season and crappy for the rest.  Instead of complaining I've found new areas, new techniques, and do a ton of scouting. No fault except my own if I dont have a good day.  I bet someone with the same problems as you was able to find a way to kill birds this weekend.  Dont get down on yourself find away to adapt and make the best of a hard situation.
nah man he hunts a lot, I think he's just trying to discourage people from coming over. If you find open water you'll have ducks, that's why I like it when everything freezes up.

Offline hdshot

• Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 09:58:39 AM »

Hunters can never adapt to ice like wine can or could still be in Canada hunting. I know spots hunters will camp when the ice concentrates the hunters to the river.  Not complaining, just reality that we seemed to face way to early this year.  Another reality is many have to save their time and resources for hunting only when the conditions are right. Waterfowl hunting to most is like playing cards with the odds dealt.           

Offline 270Shooter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 05:56:25 PM »
Broke a hole and shot two limits of mallards today

Offline EWUEAGLESHUNTER

• Tracker
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 06:59:21 PM »
If you can find open water, the hunt is on right now for sure!

Offline jakeweb

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Hunter
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2014, 02:05:09 PM »
any new updates with the warmer weather? starting to thaw at all? :dunno:

Offline addicted2hunting

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, NAVHDA, HRC.
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »
im tossing around the idea of going over this weekend also. be nice to have some hope to get through some ice.
"real dogs have beards"

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal