collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 'GHOULISH' PLAN TO GRAB GUNS WHEN OWNER DIES  (Read 3119 times)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
'GHOULISH' PLAN TO GRAB GUNS WHEN OWNER DIES
« on: November 15, 2014, 11:03:09 AM »
'GHOULISH' PLAN TO GRAB GUNS WHEN OWNER DIES

That old saying about someone prying a gun from “cold dead hands” has taken on a whole new meaning in Buffalo, New York, where officials say they will cross-reference the names of those who register handguns and obituaries in an attempt to keep weapons off the streets.

What authorities will do is go to the family if someone with a pistol permit has died and confiscate the gun or guns.

And it’s being called”ghoulish” by the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. http://www.ccrkba.org/?p=4522

“The idea that police would peruse the obituaries and compare the names of recently deceased persons with their pistol permit records, and then send officers to take those guns while a family is still grieving their loss is simply unconscionable,” said the committee’s chairman, Alan Gottlieb.

“This is tantamount to dancing on someone’s grave, and it amounts to taking property without due process or probable cause.”

The city’s plan was outlined in a Fox News report Friday.

Buffalo Police Commissioner Daniel Derrenda announced at a recent news conference that his department will be sending agents to collect guns that belong to pistol permit holders who had died so “they don’t end up in the wrong hands,” according to the report.

Derrenda said authorities will check the names of those who die against the records of those holding state pistol permits.

Then the guns will be collected, the report said.

Gottlieb said it’s “not simply cold-hearted, it is ghoulish.”

“This is the kind of behavior one might expect in a police state, but not the United States,” Gottlieb said. “But it proves that the anti-gun mindset knows no boundaries. From now on, no gun control zealot will be able to dismiss and ridicule the concerns of law-abiding firearms owners that there is no reason to fear gun registration, no matter what form it takes. This explains why gun owners are opposed to registration and other forms of record-keeping and permit laws.

“What’s worse,” Gottlieb, whose organization has more than 650,000 members, added, “is that this effort could forever drive a wedge between police and honest citizens whose only crime is that they exercised their Second Amendment rights.

“The final insult,” he said, “is that 16 days after someone dies, his or her survivors could become criminals simply because they didn’t report a firearm, or maybe didn’t even know it existed. This is the most disgusting and disrespectful thing that someone could do to people who have just suffered the heartbreaking loss of a loved one. Derrenda should be ashamed.”

Fox News reported Tom King, president of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, said authorities once again are targeting law-abiding gun owners instead of focusing on protecting citizens.

“They’re quick to say they’re going to take the guns,” he said, “but don’t tell you the law doesn’t apply to long guns, or that these families can sell [a] pistol or apply to keep it.”

The report said state law specifies that the estate has 15 days to dispose of guns or turn them in. Violating the law is a misdemeanor.

The BearingArms.com blog warned the policy could be “the proverbial camel’s nose under the tent to get at every firearm they can, hoping to remove all the firearms from the home while the family is at their most vulnerable.”

http://www.wnd.com/2014/11/plan-to-grab-guns-when-owner-dies-labeled-ghoulish/

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, any copyrighted material herein is distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this information for non-profit research and educational purposes only. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Offline JJD

• Past Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, DU
Re: 'GHOULISH' PLAN TO GRAB GUNS WHEN OWNER DIES
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »
I could see that happening in Seattle.
Spent most of my $$ on huntin, fishin & retrievin dogs, the rest I just pretty much wasted.

Offline sakoshooter

• WFW Board of Directors
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Life Memberr NRA, Life Member Sumner Sportsmans Association
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 11:02:58 AM »
I could see that happening in Seattle.

I can see that happening in a lot of bigger cities where most of your liberals preside. Unfortunately.
Rhinelander, WI
Home of the Hodag

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 02:05:51 PM »
Can anyone say... I-594
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 04:50:35 PM »
truly what I 594 does wife would have to go and show intent to take possesion of mine pay whatever do this dumb thing and then wait for Police or sherrif to ok.
If you read the link I posted there is  board that will be inplace now when this becomes law that will decide if you get to practice you Natural rights or not.
Wife know to not comply if I die if she does she knows I'll haunt her :chuckle:
Their mine and not the Gov's to decide weather or not my wife gets to keep them.
She knows to to burry at least one with me or all if possible.  :twocents:
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline hrd2fnd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Washington for Wildlife
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 05:00:27 PM »
Was discussing this with my friends wife the other day and how we're going to handle the weapons left behind with her husbands passing. Won't say what was decided but it will be done before December 4th
"Believe in your abilities and confidence will lead you on"

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 05:47:05 PM »
civil disobedianece now then 1776 later or 1776 now either works but either way we lose if all we do is roll over.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 08:37:08 PM »
civil disobedianece now then 1776 later or 1776 now either works but either way we lose if all we do is roll over.
:yeah:
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline Cap.Silver

• My love is the outdoors
  • Sourdough
  • If not fishing then hunting
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 08:51:25 PM »
Not to   :jacked: but this is BS just like when our son died in an accident and I went to Wa State Patrol office in Tukwila and asked for the accident report - I had to pay those f....s :sry: $ 5.00 to get it .... and to think that I left one communist country for another ?
Everyone thinks that I'm freak ,I don't look different do I ?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]