collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: $15,000 reward offered in Washington wolf shooting case  (Read 27980 times)

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
Re: $15,000 reward offered in Washington wolf shooting case
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2014, 03:28:38 PM »
Because it is all your wolf loving maggots who are pitching in ..Not the state ! :dunno: :bash: :bash: Hopefully they all are shot before it is over  :twocents:

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2014, 03:29:54 PM »
I better add  in any means of being legal  :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline VarmintVentilator

• Scout
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2014, 04:36:28 PM »
Talking with WDFW last week, there has been a change or two with some high employees in the department.    :dunno: WDFW wouldn't elaborate to much on the topic.  I was also told they're trying to make some changes to the plan itself, but they're dealing with legislature so that could take awhile, or it could fall on deaf ears.  Time will tell.  Doesn't sound like much and questions left unanswered but better than the whole thing being ignored.  Don't ya love politics.   :yike:

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2014, 04:48:05 PM »
how do they come up with $15,000 for a wolf but only a $5,000 reward for 2 big horn sheep?

:yeah:

A much more majestic and worthy animal trumped by cuddly perceptions. Can't even blame it on Disney this time since he usually portrays wolves in a negative role.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2014, 05:18:15 PM »

For all the time all of you spend on here arguing about wolves; you could have banned together, come to a mutual understanding, and potentially made an impact on the wolf issue. Arguing and passive aggressively throwing insults out to each other has accomplished nothing. Control the controllable.

Ask yourself....

What can I (we) do to make the impact you so desire?

If it is completely eradicating wolves, then go for it. If you think all wolves should be captured and painted hunter orange; then go for that too. Just saying...all this talk, but no action.

perhaps you don't know how much time some of us have put into writing letters, informing the public, and testifying, what have you done, just sayin...  ;)

I have done nothing. I have no reason to. At this point I am satisfied with the wolf plan, and would like to see how things play out. I will let the WSDFW manage the wolves, and trust that they know what they are doing. If at some point I think the plan is flawed or a failure; then I will get involved.

Based off what I have read on Hunt Wa; even if I wanted change, it would not happen. They are going to do what they want to do, and we are forced to live with it.

IMO- They should have never reintroduced wolves back into the western states, but there is no way to stop it.

Isn't that just a little like trusting your grandparents long term health care to Dr. Kevorkian?        :yike: :bdid:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2014, 05:19:56 PM »
Talking with WDFW last week, there has been a change or two with some high employees in the department.    :dunno: WDFW wouldn't elaborate to much on the topic.  I was also told they're trying to make some changes to the plan itself, but they're dealing with legislature so that could take awhile, or it could fall on deaf ears.  Time will tell.  Doesn't sound like much and questions left unanswered but better than the whole thing being ignored.  Don't ya love politics.   :yike:
Dave Ware, the Game Division Manager for the past 17 years, will be stepping into a new Wolf Policy Lead position created by WDFW...he will still be part of the wildlife senior staff.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2014, 09:32:30 PM »
After the experiences of both MT and ID, the scope of WA's plan is so ridiculous as to be absurd. Trusting the WDFW to "play this out" is the last thing we should be doing.

Many of us have been involved with this issue from the start and have put great effort, and still are, into letting the WDFW know what we think about it. For you to say "all talk and no action", means that your head is in the dark places. The action started years ago and continues today. Just because you just jumped off the turnip truck on this issue doesn't mean it's the same for the rest of us.

Mark my words, even if you get WDFW turned around on the issue you still have the bigger problem of the voters. Something has to be done to keep wildlife management out of the hands of voters. All it will take is one well worded, and funded, initiative.

And this, herein, lies the problem.  We (conservatives) will have a majority in the WA legislature next year, will we not?  Maybe this is the time to pass a law that game management is done by professionals, not the general public via ballot initiatives????

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2014, 04:13:50 AM »
Dave Ware, the Game Division Manager for the past 17 years, will be stepping into a new Wolf Policy Lead position created by WDFW...he will still be part of the wildlife senior staff.

If Dave manages the wolves like he has game herds we should be out of wolves in a few years. :tup: Highly doubtful as Dave is a pro-wolfer.

"WDFW Game Division Manager Dave Ware said wildlife managers have not seen a decline in deer and elk populations in northeast Washington, where the state’s 52 wolves are concentrated."

http://www.capitalpress.com/Washington/20141031/washington-peeks-ahead-to-life-after-wolves-recover?utm_source=Capital+Press+Newsletters&utm_campaign=ac0278a542-Top_Stories_of_the_Week&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4b7e61b049-ac0278a542-69636365
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:22:09 AM by wolfbait »

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »
Are you saying were out of deer in NE Wa?
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2014, 01:08:31 PM »
After the experiences of both MT and ID, the scope of WA's plan is so ridiculous as to be absurd. Trusting the WDFW to "play this out" is the last thing we should be doing.

Many of us have been involved with this issue from the start and have put great effort, and still are, into letting the WDFW know what we think about it. For you to say "all talk and no action", means that your head is in the dark places. The action started years ago and continues today. Just because you just jumped off the turnip truck on this issue doesn't mean it's the same for the rest of us.

Mark my words, even if you get WDFW turned around on the issue you still have the bigger problem of the voters. Something has to be done to keep wildlife management out of the hands of voters. All it will take is one well worded, and funded, initiative.

And this, herein, lies the problem.  We (conservatives) will have a majority in the WA legislature next year, will we not?  Maybe this is the time to pass a law that game management is done by professionals, not the general public via ballot initiatives????

That makes no sense, why let a few experts make the decisions!  A majority of the populace always knows best!

Offline thatdamguy

• Hunter
  • I live for the great outdoors
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2014, 04:54:30 AM »
Game management should be done by the Individual counties. There is way to much voting power in King county.  :twocents:

Offline AspenBud

• Sourdough
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2014, 07:19:11 AM »

I absolutely agree. I've been saying for a while now that the model in Michigan is one to eye for Washington. HSUS can fund their anti wolf hunt initiatives there but the results have no teeth since the legislature put game management in the hands of the NRC and out of the hands of voters. Something like that could even put hound hunting back on the map here.

Offline AspenBud

• Sourdough
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2014, 07:27:19 AM »
Game management should be done by the Individual counties. There is way to much voting power in King county.  :twocents:

Game management shouldn't be done based on politics. It should be based on sound science by qualified professionals. I doubt most counties have the budget to pay for such people in the numbers needed let alone for wardens. Fracturing agencies like that sounds great until everyone realizes how much costs are actually distributed across the entire state's population.

Offline AspenBud

• Sourdough
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2014, 07:30:11 AM »
Are you saying were out of deer in NE Wa?

:chuckle:

Offline timberfaller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2014, 10:03:21 AM »
"WDFW Game Division Manager Dave Ware said wildlife managers have not seen a decline in deer and elk populations in northeast Washington, where the state’s 52 wolves are concentrated."

:yike: He must not know about what the herds were like in the 70's :yike: pre-doe hunts!!

Not knowing his "age" ignorance is bliss they say!!  after all that was 40 years ago.
The only good tree, is a stump!

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal