collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Stay Away! From Butcher Boys (Puyallup, Wa)  (Read 38358 times)

Offline akirkland

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Stay Away! From Butcher Boys (Puyallup, Wa)
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2014, 08:26:57 PM »
I had Butcher Boys smoke some pheasant for me in the late 90's. Exceptional! I've also had a quarter pound of beef from a buddy who takes his cows there. Excellent cut and wrap job! And as for Stewarts, for some reason they tend to get a bad rap. They have been in business for a long, long time. I have never been disappointed with them. Random trips for rib eyes, pork belly and ribs have never failed. Meat packs for BBQ's have always been solid. My breakfast sausage I get with 10-15 pounds of my venison is always really good. People are gonna hate, regardless of the industry. I can without a doubt say I will continue to shop at Stewarts. And Im pretty sure I will swing into Butcher Boys at some time in the future.

Offline 100 grain

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2014, 09:18:41 PM »
 :dunno: kinda weird how gh1959 did a 180 on this but still doesn't difuse the fact that this isn't the 1st time of this company being brought up. Maybe this post (seeing how workers got involved) will help steer the company in the right direction?? Sometimes a guy can get astray from his original way with all the hustle and bustle of life and a business. Maybe this will put things in perspective for the company..... I love small business America :tup:

Offline irishevox

• Sourdough
  • Groups: n/a
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2014, 07:03:13 AM »
just go to Del Fox they are simply the best around!  all your problems will be solved!!!! I do not work for them nor am I paid to say stuff for them, but for me brining in a deer and bear and getting more than 1/2 the hanging weight back is fine by me!  They are stellar team with pretty girls that handle your meat well (no pun intended)
Member:  YKWTSASFFRO (The young Buck)

Offline birddogdad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: LMAC, NRA
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2014, 07:23:33 AM »
After all that now your endorsing them?! Wow, what does it feel like to be bought any way?
:yeah:

interesting end by the OP after such an emotional start to the thread.....
USN retired
1981-2011

Offline Odell

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2014, 07:34:07 AM »
That was a weird turnaround.

I would throw in a plug for Olsens in Enumclaw. Since moving to WA about 12 years ago I have tried about 6 different butchers on both the east and west side. Wasn't really happy with any of them until I tried Olsens..I will never go anywhere else. Fantastic service, great quality and the best jerky, pep sticks, breakfast sausage you will ever have. They are simply top notch and I have never heard a bad word about them.

Just due to cost, I bought a grinder and have been doing my own cut and wrap for two years now but I still put aside about 20-30 pounds and have Olsens make something for me. Love that place and highly recommend it.
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline carlyoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2014, 07:39:19 AM »
just go to Del Fox they are simply the best around!  all your problems will be solved!!!! I do not work for them nor am I paid to say stuff for them, but for me brining in a deer and bear and getting more than 1/2 the hanging weight back is fine by me!  They are stellar team with pretty girls that handle your meat well (no pun intended)

I buy all my meat from del fox. 1/2 pigs ,1/4 beef ,brauts and so on. Never had any problems and I wont buy store bought meat again. I take my game animals to them every year and they do a great job. All my friends also bring their game there too and haven't been disappointed. 

Offline Gobble

• Frontiersman
  • Wack'em and Stack'em
    • Dave Harder
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2014, 08:01:39 AM »
I just got back 20lbs of Pepperoni from Olsons's, BEST around!! Very nice and helpful, Highly recommend!! :chuckle:

That was a weird turnaround.

I would throw in a plug for Olsens in Enumclaw. Since moving to WA about 12 years ago I have tried about 6 different butchers on both the east and west side. Wasn't really happy with any of them until I tried Olsens..I will never go anywhere else. Fantastic service, great quality and the best jerky, pep sticks, breakfast sausage you will ever have. They are simply top notch and I have never heard a bad word about them.

Just due to cost, I bought a grinder and have been doing my own cut and wrap for two years now but I still put aside about 20-30 pounds and have Olsens make something for me. Love that place and highly recommend it.

Offline Gobble Doc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2014, 11:22:59 AM »
I too went to Del Fox in Stanwood and they seem to have done a good job.  Next year I might venture to try it on my own. 

Offline Seahawk12

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2014, 02:04:12 PM »
I just tell it like it is, and call it how I see it
And every member that reads through this is perfectly capable of calling it as they see it.
The way I see it, I would never take your reviews seriously as you may just be using this forum to get something for yourself. It isn't about giving important insight into a business or business practice. It was about getting something for yourself.
Just telling it like it is, because after all, I call it like I see it.
"I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes."
William Tecumseh Sherman

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2014, 02:30:40 PM »
I just tell it like it is, and call it how I see it
And every member that reads through this is perfectly capable of calling it as they see it.
The way I see it, I would never take your reviews seriously as you may just be using this forum to get something for yourself. It isn't about giving important insight into a business or business practice. It was about getting something for yourself.
Just telling it like it is, because after all, I call it like I see it.

Well I never "asked" them to "give" me anything. I paid $1048 and expected to get everything I paid for. Just as you or any other forum member would. Even when he offered to refund me $200 I told him I could careless about $200. All I wanted was the meat they "openly admitted" to losing, which I paid for. Nothing more...nothing less. I shared by experience both pro and con. Essentially you are saying; because I did not continue to pile on The Butcher Boys that you don't take my review seriously. Had I of only spewed negative garbage about them; THEN you would take my review seriously. That would be a bias review. Regardless; I could care less if you or anyone else take my review seriously.

Clearly The Butcher Boys has had their share of negative reviews on Hunt Wa. My review is not going to be the ONE review that discourages somebody to not do business with them.
Are you kidding me? This is hilarious. So them losing your meat is ok with you? After all of the bs you went through you would still recommend them to others and you hope others will do business with them? Wow.
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2014, 02:42:17 PM »
I'm not arguing. Just reading your last post was hard to believe after all you have gone through dealing with those guys.
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2014, 02:58:02 PM »
I worked at Stewarts during High school.  Dorothy, Butch, Tom etc.  They make some good tasting stuff.  Not a dishonest place.  Stewarts were/are family friends, Grandpa , mostly. We still use em.  Mistakes have been made but few.  Only bad I could say was its not the cleanest place and the pay sucks :chuckle:. Is any butcher shop?  :dunno: We have been treated well by Butch. :twocents:
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Firedogg

• Past Sponsor
  • Longhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2014, 08:37:34 PM »
My dad and brother have been using Butcher Boys for years and talk tbe place up whenever they can, they are satisfied long time customers.
  I use Double T Meats in Eatonville, they are very good and I will always support good local businesses.
  Stewarts is hit and miss, but I think that's because they are so busy they can't spend much time with you to get all your particular wants and needs correctly, but they do fair work. They are my go to for smoked pork chops if I can get there middle of the day during the week.
There is no greater respect to have for wildlife than to harvest an animal fairly and use it's flesh to feed your family.  ~me

Offline Celiafritch

• Pilgrim
    • Celia Garrett Fritch
  • Groups: Woodbrook hunt club
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2014, 08:15:20 AM »
I've sat back quietly following since my first and only post .. The unfounded name calling from the beginning spoke volumes on this mans character and I'm deeply saddened that this was overlooked by so many. On a positive note since joining this site I've found some amazing recipes. Cheers to you guys ! :tup:
You can't please everybody

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2014, 01:18:38 PM »
I've sat back quietly following since my first and only post .. The unfounded name calling from the beginning spoke volumes on this mans character and I'm deeply saddened that this was overlooked by so many. On a positive note since joining this site I've found some amazing recipes. Cheers to you guys ! :tup:

Please stick around and share some recipes of your own.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]