collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Thanksgiving day menu  (Read 11680 times)

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: Thanksgiving day menu
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 02:51:02 PM »
This year we've invited my friends (RIP Jack) wife and her son's family (5) over for a home cooked fresh turkey dinner with all the fixins. Time for me to get to plucking 2 birds for dinner this year and a house full of 15-18 people.

How old are these birds you are plucking?  Always wondered at what age a turkey gets tough.  Never shot a wild one that wasn't tough, but never shot a poult either.
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline hrd2fnd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Washington for Wildlife
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »
These were hatched in late march early April them about 32 weeks old. I prefer their age for eating 28-38 weeks depending on size. The larger Tom was 28 lbs cleaned and butchered at 28 weeks leaving the others to fatten up until I believe they are between 15-20 lbs
"Believe in your abilities and confidence will lead you on"

Offline Blacklab

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2014, 07:44:24 PM »
The in-laws are coming to dinner from Nevada this year. They requested a "special" thanksgiving menu. So, I will be cooking my wife the traditional thanksgiving dinner the week after Thanksgiving. As far as Thanksgiving day is concerned, the in-laws want to hop the ferry and go to The Crab Pot in downtown Seattle. Not traditional turkey day fare, but I never mind eating a ton of seafood!

Been there ate there and  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: awesome eats, enjoy  ;)
Hey! I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though sometimes I wonder.

If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans.

Offline Revwrangler

• Longhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2014, 08:22:09 PM »
Having surgery the day before thanksgiving, so all that's on the menu for me this year is pain killers. The family has quite the feast planned though.

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2014, 10:15:37 PM »
I'm not sure whats on the menu but we're going to my folks place in Idaho and my mom tells me something broke on their satellite dish this afternoon...and the repair guy won't be there until Friday  :yike: :yike: :yike:  She has no awareness that the 49ers play the seahawks thurs night  :yike:
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2014, 02:03:50 PM »
Oh crap! My wife bought the smoked turkey at Whole Foods again. It was $88!!!  :yike:  :bash:  :bash:  :bash:

12-14 pound all natural turkey and yeah they have labor and time into it since it was smoked, but holy cow this is ridiculous. Did we get taken to the cleaners or what??

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2014, 02:08:31 PM »
Im going deer hunting and then going to work...Corn dogs it is
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

Offline RadSav

• Explorer
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2014, 02:17:58 PM »
Oh crap! My wife bought the smoked turkey at Whole Foods again. It was $88!!!  :yike:  :bash:  :bash:  :bash:

12-14 pound all natural turkey and yeah they have labor and time into it since it was smoked, but holy cow this is ridiculous. Did we get taken to the cleaners or what??

Bet it is going to taste GREAT!!!  Cheaper than diamonds and a dog house :chuckle:
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2014, 02:57:50 PM »
yes we have a turkey! yes we have all the fixings! The most relished thing about thanksgiving is my wife's CLAM DIP! My mother only taught 4 brothers wife's her recipe, and my wife was the only one to master it. I only get it whenever my youngest son comes home for some stupid reason. Since i was a kid and to this day, you can forget the chips, Just grab a spoon. The last time my mom made her dip was the last time we all hunted together, if you can imagine 4 grown men huddled around a giant bowl of dip with spoons in hand and a smiling mother, then you can imagine... ah the memories!

Offline T Pearce

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2014, 03:19:12 PM »

fruits of your labor brother, enjoy it!
Pavement, crowds and inaccurate rifles...
Thanks anyway.

JUNK SCIENCE, Never touch the stuff...
If you are reading this you can now tell your friends that you know someone that drinks Rainier
Sometimes the main rd.....sometimes the Candy Trail

Offline HUNTINCOUPLE

• Lost Somewhere on the Praire of Klickitat Co. Chasing The Elusive BENCHLEG DEERS.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Yep, my avatar is from my front porch. #2835
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2014, 03:26:05 PM »
Slightly rubbed Elk Loin with seasonings and wrapped with bacon! Can't wait! Cook on the BBQ till bacon is done and internal temp at 120 deg. :tup: This inspired by RadSav...
Slap some bacon on a biscut and lets go, were burrnin daylight!

Most peoples health is a decision not a condition?

Kill your television!  ICEMAN SAID TO!

Life Member of Hunting  Washington  Forum.

Time in the woods is more important than timing the moon.

Offline hrd2fnd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Washington for Wildlife
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2014, 04:20:09 PM »

Considering I sold 1 to a member for 40.00 not smoked I would say yeah you got screwed   :chuckle:
"Believe in your abilities and confidence will lead you on"

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2014, 05:28:11 PM »

Bet it is going to taste GREAT!!!  Cheaper than diamonds and a dog house :chuckle:

Its DAMMED good. I just had no idea it was this astronomical.

I suppose its time I finally buy a smoker and spend the winter and spring diving into the hobby of smoking foods. Maybe I can take some zoom burst photos down of the smoke pipe  :o   :chuckle:

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2014, 05:30:28 PM »

Its DAMMED good. I just had no idea it was this astronomical.

I suppose its time I finally buy a smoker and spend the winter and spring diving into the hobby of smoking foods. Maybe I can take some zoom burst photos down of the smoke pipe  :o   :chuckle:

Smokem with some peyote, everyone at your house will be on thier own vacation.  :chuckle:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2014, 05:34:43 PM »
One step at a time.  :cue:

One of you people keeps posting up smoked cheese. That sounds great and I want to try it some time. IIRC you can also smoke jerky, which also sounds great. Hmmm... I need to add an item to my Christmas list  :)

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal