collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: What caller should I buy?  (Read 17928 times)

Offline Jerry malbeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: What caller should I buy?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 10:07:12 PM »
For your budget My choice would be a fusion or a reconditoned CS24.You can find the recon CS24 on the FoxPro website www.gofoxpro.com The best of the best is the shockwave, Jerry .     
Love many
Trust few
Wrong None

Offline jordanramos_79

• Hunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 07:02:13 AM »
Bofire, I just googled the ad and it was the foxpro spitfire.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away...

Offline Bofire

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 09:10:31 AM »
thanks, one model to take off the list.
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 09:26:44 PM »
I want to hear Rainshadows reccomendation for a caller.  ;)
Coyotes are something I plan on killing, but I also want to use one for cougar and bear while it is still legal.  :twocents:

his recommendation to me was the cs24 FoxPro
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline FALFire

• Crazy Old Man with a Gun!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 07:39:00 AM »
I currently run a FoxPro CS24, it has awesome sound, great battery life and excellent remote range. I also have two Minaska Bandits and an earlier produced Loudmouth caller all worked very well and called lots of dogs for me. The CS24 is the best of the callers I have used. FoxPro = good stuff!  :tup: It has never let me down.

These two from this past weekend while using the CS24 within about 5 to 7 minutes of calling.

Checkin' wind and makin' smoke.
That's how I roll...

Offline Blackjaw

• Scout
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 08:24:02 AM »
Another vote for FoxPro. If you are really going to get into predator hunting you always want to carry a good lanyard full of hand calls as well cause
1. you never know when your e-caller may take a dump
2. It is fun to hand call every once in awhile

Offline Big10gauge

• Site Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 09:16:21 AM »
I currently run a FoxPro CS24, it has awesome sound, great battery life and excellent remote range. I also have two Minaska Bandits and an earlier produced Loudmouth caller all worked very well and called lots of dogs for me. The CS24 is the best of the callers I have used. FoxPro = good stuff!  :tup: It has never let me down.

These two from this past weekend while using the CS24 within about 5 to 7 minutes of calling.

Dang Gary, How many guns do you need to knock down a couple of coyotes?  :chuckle:

Just buy the best Foxpro can can easily afford
[smg id=6490]

Offline FALFire

• Crazy Old Man with a Gun!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 09:48:23 AM »

Dang Gary, How many guns do you need to knock down a couple of coyotes?  :chuckle:

Just buy the best Foxpro can can easily afford

SIX..... I had already carried out the other 4 before I took the photo!  8) I place'm facing east- west- north and south, I keep two extras just in case I get one sneaking in from above or from the rear.....them's sneaky batstids can come in from any direction and I want to be ready  :o
Checkin' wind and makin' smoke.
That's how I roll...

Offline KenPCPilot

• Longhunter
    • KenPCPilot
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 06:26:35 PM »
I had a FP Firestorm and it worked great.  The handheld controller (TX 1000 I believe) had poor backlighting and was not as easy to use.  I sold it and purchased a FP Shockwave a very expensive unit.  I do love its ease of use long battery life but I hunt all year round so I get my use of it.  A lot of coyotes get shot on mouth calls so the call is only one part of the challenge and fun.  set up, camo, scent contro,l location, are almost as important.  My skills are still evolving and it took a lot of mistakes to improve my success. 
GO BUCKS

Offline fast1

• Team: Dog Scat
  • Scout
  • one shot,make it count!
  • Groups: rmef,nra,nwtra,nwma,wspa.
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 07:47:20 PM »
If you have the money and are dedicated, save your money and get the best you can afford. My first ecall was a Cass creek for about $30 and I think h :twocents:ad 4-5 sounds on it. It got dogs in but the sound would distort at higher volumes. Since then I've had a Johnny Stewart that takes different sound cartridges, worked good. Have a FoxPro scorpion X1B,hellfire and just got the fusion. X1B great sound, not the most volume, hellfire is loud as he!! but heavy, the fusion has yet to make it to the field but the dogs like it! Momma don't! But always keep a couple hand calls with ya. :twocents:
Take'em boys!

Offline Threewolves

• Longhunter
  • USA (R)
  • Groups: VFW, NRA
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 06:36:57 AM »
IMO Best sound FoxPro shockwave. I had one and had to send it in for repair, even had to send the decoy in. They fixed it. I had problems again they gracioucly offered to repair it again. I guess I got the only lemon shockwave made. I sent it back to the store with documents of the first repair and copies of the email for the offer of the second repair and got my money back. The fox pro worshipers will talk about what great costomer service FoxPro has and they do they are great, but I do not want to have to keep sending it back to be fixed. My time like most people's time is limited I only hunt when the fur is prime. You will notice that these guys have more than one fox pro unit, I guess so you will have one to use while you have one in the shop.

Anyway, why not just use a hand call? I am back to that although I am thinking of trying another FoxPro shockwave based on others thinking the first was just a lemon, but I need to have a rock solid garenttee that is going to work every time I turn it on. Think about 600 for the unit,100 for battries, plus what ever for decoy, say 800, it should work like it is suppose to every time, my garage door opener does. Yep, a hand call and my old Burham brother compucaller turned down low vs a shockwave(when it works) with the sound going back an forth from each speaker and the sound level going up and down, it has to work though. If it worked you would not wish for anything else of course IMO.
There are only so many sunrises left.

Offline Toptwo

• Past Sponsor
  • Hunter
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2014, 07:43:24 AM »
I just got my new FP Fusion via UPS yesterday. This is the first caller I have ever had. Played with it some last night in the house, and am looking forward to taking it out and giving it a try soon. Comes loaded with 100 sounds, and 12 stands, and has room for 13 more stands, and 900 more sounds. I feel very confident that I will love predator calling/hunting so I figured I would spend $500 up front rather then spend $200 first, then turn around and spend $500 to get the one I REALLY wanted in the first place. One thing I can tell you already though, the thing gets LOUD even before you consider getting external speakers AND even loaded with batteries it is very lightweight! Packing 2.5 lbs around in my daypack wont even be noticed!

Offline JJD

• Past Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, DU
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2014, 08:36:48 AM »
I can spend up to around the $500 mark. I have quite a few coyotes around my property I bought a few months ago. I am just for the most part going to use it up there and a couple times a year other places. The area is wooded and I will be hunting with my bow so I just need the remote to work at about 30-40 yards. I gues you can say I wont be intensely hunting coyotes but I do like quality equipment and willing to spend the money on the good stuff just so I'm happy with it. I want a good sound quality and having it light weight doesnt matter much I only have to pack it about 300 yards. I just want to maybe stick some yotes while I go up there to check my cams.
If hunting around your property is your goal and thats about all, I'd buy a decent mouth call, a mouth type squeeker and a decent instructional tape.  Often times new guys to the game believe you can call the same place over and over again.  Unless your property is in the hundreds of acres catergory, you can hunt a spot once or maybe twice a year "if" conditions are right.  They get educated very quickly.
There are more guys out there educating yotes than actually killing them.
Personally, if a was out to thin them out on my property I'd probably ambush them using a night vision scope.
Spent most of my $$ on huntin, fishin & retrievin dogs, the rest I just pretty much wasted.

Offline jasnt

• ELR junkie
  • Old Salt
  • Out shooting
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »
I can spend up to around the $500 mark. I have quite a few coyotes around my property I bought a few months ago. I am just for the most part going to use it up there and a couple times a year other places. The area is wooded and I will be hunting with my bow so I just need the remote to work at about 30-40 yards. I gues you can say I wont be intensely hunting coyotes but I do like quality equipment and willing to spend the money on the good stuff just so I'm happy with it. I want a good sound quality and having it light weight doesnt matter much I only have to pack it about 300 yards. I just want to maybe stick some yotes while I go up there to check my cams.
If hunting around your property is your goal and thats about all, I'd buy a decent mouth call, a mouth type squeeker and a decent instructional tape.  Often times new guys to the game believe you can call the same place over and over again.  Unless your property is in the hundreds of acres catergory, you can hunt a spot once or maybe twice a year "if" conditions are right.  They get educated very quickly.
There are more guys out there educating yotes than actually killing them.
Personally, if a was out to thin them out on my property I'd probably ambush them using a night vision scope.
100% correct. I did this at my place when I first started coyote hunting. We have 320 acres and I over called it so bad even very experienced callers haven't been able to call in a coyote here.  I've slowly taken out most the older dogs by spot and stalk and night time ambush but still a few older dogs here that are smart as heck! I stopped calling here 3 years ago and some day I'll try it again when that old raspy male finally hits the dirt.
https://www.howlforwildlife.org/take_action  It takes 10 seconds and it’s free. To easy to make an excuse not to make your voice heard!!!!!!

The commission shall attempt to maximize the public recreational game fishing and hunting opportunities of all citizens, including juvenile, disabled, and senior citizens.
https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=77.04.012

Offline LeviD1

• Scout
  • Groups: Evergreen Archery, Spokane Rifle Club, RMEF
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 12:02:48 PM »
Are there any decent night vision scopes that arent thousands of dollars? Also any recommendations on some mouth calls? I gues I will look into all the options. Its not hundreds of acres, its 30 but there definitely quite a few coyotes in the area. night hunting may be more effective. 

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal