collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Shed Hunting - License Requirement  (Read 33794 times)

Offline irishevox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: n/a
Re: Shed Hunting - License Requirement
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2014, 01:14:16 PM »
NO PERMIT for shed hunting.  This should have been a poll
Member:  YKWTSASFFRO (The young Buck)

Offline JackOfAllTrades

• Rasbo said I Ain't Right.
  • Old Salt
  • Μολὼν λαβέ
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2014, 01:16:32 PM »
I hate the idea.  So if I go on a walk with my kids, and my 6yr old daughter finds a shed and wants to bring it home... "sorry, but you don't have a license"

No problem though, i'd just have my 6yr old take hunters ed, get her license, and next year, if we happen upon one, we'll be ready.  Hmmm.  Not liking this....

Stick to commercial regulations.  Gov't should be involved there anyway.  Taking something from any public land, with the purpose of selling it, should have some sort or regulation.  Public land does not mean it's a free for fall to gather, hunt, and then sell our collective resources.

Tell that to the Salal and Mushroom pickers!

-Steve
The NRA says I'm a Master!
Colt's, Ruger's, Dan Wesson, & Kimber are my friends!
Proud to be a U.S. Navy Veteran.

If you never follow your dreams, you'll never go anywhere.

Critical thinking keeps people from freaking the hell out every time some half baked blogger forgets his meds. Unlike some of you, I do not have TawkethOutOfAnus© syndrome.

Offline JackOfAllTrades

• Rasbo said I Ain't Right.
  • Old Salt
  • Μολὼν λαβέ
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2014, 01:18:25 PM »
People need to be reminded that removing sheds from the forest is illegal in many states. We're getting lucky that someone at our WDFW has overlooked this for quite some time.

-Steve
The NRA says I'm a Master!
Colt's, Ruger's, Dan Wesson, & Kimber are my friends!
Proud to be a U.S. Navy Veteran.

If you never follow your dreams, you'll never go anywhere.

Critical thinking keeps people from freaking the hell out every time some half baked blogger forgets his meds. Unlike some of you, I do not have TawkethOutOfAnus© syndrome.

Offline wapiti hunter2

• Frontiersman
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2014, 01:25:54 PM »
Why limit the permit to sheds? We should require a permit just to access state lands. Maybe one to take photographs of public landscapes as well...

Or pick mushrooms, or pick up rocks or walk on public land. Oh wait, those have been proposed as well.

Can you say government control?

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2014, 01:34:40 PM »
People need to be reminded that removing sheds from the forest is illegal in many states. We're getting lucky that someone at our WDFW has overlooked this for quite some time.

-Steve

Funny I dont feel lucky.................they will get it sooner than later...

Offline Tom Tamer

• Longhunter
  • Location: Black Diamond, Wa...or the Pine ridges of the Cascades
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2014, 05:03:55 PM »
Why require something that just erodes our dwindling freedom just that much more? What does it hurt if someone shed hunts? Not no but HELL no.
Luv 2 Hunt no matter the weapon
Mathews outback,easton axis,G5 montecs, Mod 70 7MM rem mag, T/C Black Diamond 50 cal...
Wild turkey addict( bird that is)
Everything is best in moderation....even moderation

Offline mtman

• Scout
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2014, 05:21:06 PM »
This would not solve anything. Some of those matched sets of blues bulls antlers would pay for the Wa license . So all those boys from Idaho would buy it anyway and pic up enough to pay for it ten fold. I also don't understand just because it is of value I need to pay someone else for it. If they didn't make it or own it I don't want to pay for it.

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2014, 05:22:59 PM »
I guess I am not shocked that a region of the state famous for producing huge bull elk; that commands $40-60k in an auction tag, is generating increasing regional/national interest from shed hunters to the point that some concern is/may be warranted now or in the near future.

While a hunting license may not be the best answer I think fly4fish was starting a thread about a potential need for the future of protecting valuable resources.  Some states have shed hunting training requirements or even shed hunting seasons which limit when folks can collect sheds...most of this is geared at not adding additional pressure to already vulnerable animals coming off winter.  Thank You, fly4fish, for highlighting an issue that at least one other person thinks might warrant consideration.  Don't let these "dumbest idea ever" posts get you down...critics are dime a dozen.  Guys who get things done to conserve resources we all care about...far and few between.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline time2hunt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2014, 05:25:49 PM »
Here's my question what about the animals?? There needs to be a set open date for shed hunting there are way to many people chasing animal for there shed early in the season. Between late hunting season, winter, predators these animal need a little break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Local 3482

Offline raydog

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2014, 05:59:20 PM »
Here's my question what about the animals?? There needs to be a set open date for shed hunting there are way to many people chasing animal for there shed early in the season. Between late hunting season, winter, predators these animal need a little break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im not gonna pay anymore/extra fees or taxes to this state until they can figure out how to use all of the money they have recieved correctly. Not knocking on your idea, just extra taxes :twocents:

Offline elkfins

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2014, 06:20:47 PM »
They really need to go to a permit system for sheds. Quality Shed, Bull Shed, Antlerless Shed, Disabled Shed, Youth Shed. Hunters have said they want it to increase opportunity.

You forgot the background check... there needs to be a background check before the permit is issued. 

Offline Lnk

• Tracker
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2014, 06:30:28 PM »
I get what your saying fly4fish. Most of these guys doing the bashing have never been to the east to see all the out of state guys

Offline steeleywhopper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2014, 06:43:44 PM »
JFC! NO MORE PERMITS PLEEEAAAASSSE! This craphole state charges us hunters and fishers enought.
Politicians like Jay Inslee are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2014, 06:44:04 PM »
I am at the point where I can not read anything about them wanting more ..I am about to forget about all laws unless it has something to do with killing a humane .. I just seen where they want to tax how many miles you put on your rig  :dunno: :stup: :pee: I swear this state is beyond fixable ! I need to kiss all my friends good bye and head back to my roots ...just watched a good show today on Pennsylvania and how hunting is deeply rooted into family life ... had tears in my eyes just thinking of all the good times I had back there ..I have had a lot of good times here too but I have seen way to much change in 26 yrs to love this state anymore ... I am sure you life longers feel it more than me  :dunno: :'(

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2014, 06:48:05 PM »

damn pianno, i need to go target shooting with  you, if thats the kind of company you keep, i am your new bestest friend.. :chuckle:
:drool: OMG ! :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal