collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2015 ElkNut Chuckler Bugle!  (Read 20820 times)

Offline Elknut1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
2015 ElkNut Chuckler Bugle!
« on: December 12, 2014, 06:04:46 AM »
 Features!

This New Chuckler Bugle is in the injection mold phase, it will be 19" long & a 3-1/4" barrel, it will weigh in at aprox 7.5-0z. -- It has a wall thickness thicker than any Bugle out there today for superior strength & resonance and for those who are tough on equipment & looking for realistic tones. It will have two Tone Dampeners made of 1/8" thick x 5/8" wide Silicone. (rot proof) These will control any plastic vibration that can happen when guys are giving heavy bull Challenges & Lip Bawls as well as hold the camo sleeve securely in place, they will be flush with the barrel as they are set in a grooved out slot in the barrel. The 1st will be 2" from end of barrel/exhaust end, the 2nd dampener will be 5" away from that one right where the main barrel starts to cone down, these spots chosen for the dampeners are very important for sound quality & control they are not randomly selected.

In that 5" space between tone dampeners is where our ElkNuts Chuckler name & logo will be in an oval shape, sweet!! The Mouth opening is a very important 1-1/4" sized opening, it will allow for great Challenges & Lip Bawls without lower lip interference, this is a deal breaker when ones lower lip chatters against too small of an opening disrupting your Bugles. There will be a 3rd Silicone band where camo cover meets the mouth piece to secure slippage at that end. The mouth piece will be coke bottle shaped with no sharp edges This camo cover will fit like a pair of skinny jeans! (grin)

The inside of this Chuckler Bugle will be molded like the inside of a vacuum cleaner hose, it is not smooth walled! We are having the rippled/spiraled corrugation to slow down the air given by the caller to allow it trap the sound inside a hair longer for better resonance giving those more realistic bull tones, from big bulls to small bulls, it's the callers choice! ---- This corrugation simulates what a bulls throat really looks like!---- That is flat out slick guys! This one feature alone will separate itself from all others! This Bugle will help you to sound better than you really are!

This bugle can now be Pre-Ordered at elknut.com -- It can also be sent as a Gift via a Gift Certificate, the Introductory price will be 29.95 with free shipping on their arrival!

Other than the photo shown here's a 3D link to see it in it's raw state! You can pivot it in any angle & look down the throat from either end, the ElkNut.com is molded twice in front of exposed barrel.

http://www.3dvieweronline.com/share/EbkqanyvrX9o4Es/EbkqanyvrX9o4Es

I'd like to hear your thoughts! Thanks!

ElkNut1
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:24:07 AM by Elknut1 »

Offline steeliedrew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: 2015 ElkNut Chuckler Bugle!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 08:02:39 AM »
I'm gettin that fo sho.  8) I like the corrugated interior idea.  :tup:
Every thought of my being is in regards to being a high tech predator and I relish the role.

Offline elkinrutdrivemenuts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 08:10:03 AM »
Love the Bugling Bull tube I have now, cant wait to see how this one sounds!

Offline Hornseeker

• Frontiersman
    • Sapphire Traditional Archery
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 08:11:53 AM »
Hey Paul... that is a good looking tube! Looks like you done some good work there. I may have to try and pick one up...

You dusted off that Sapphire lately or still "rolling" around with wheels? I cant tease ya, I FINALLY killed my first archery bull this year with a mathews... not a Sapphire!  :'( It was awesome though!! I have a pretty good write up on the hunt here somewhere.

Hope all is well in beautiful Idaho!

Ernie
Chuck Norris puts the "Laughter" in "Manslaughter"

Offline Elknut1

• Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 08:57:17 AM »
Guys, thanks! Yes the corrugation, wall thickness & double tone dampeners are where it's strong points are, the 1-1/4" mouth opening doesn't hurt either! (grin)

Ernie, congrats bud on your bull, sweet! I still have the Sapphire, you bet, I'd never let go of that longbow, it's as nice as they come, thanks!

ElkNut1

Offline archery288

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 09:01:45 AM »
Good looking rendering Paul.  The mouthpiece looks like the one off the Bully Bull Extreme tube by Bugling Bull?   :dunno:  That mouthpiece was a huge improvement on their tube. 

Offline JPhelps

• I EAT ELK!!!
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 09:16:03 AM »
I'm curious to see what this thing sounds like.  How deep are the corrugations?  Is the mouthpiece shaped like a Venturi?

I've used baffles on some of my "franken-bugles" and until I made the orifice smaller than 1-1/2" I didn't notice any change in the back-pressure or resonance in the tube. My theory was that the human lungs can't produce enough air volume or velocity.

Great looking tube Paul  :tup:

Offline Elknut1

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 09:45:09 AM »
archer288, thanks! As far as the mouth piece opening goes I believe there's is closer to 1-1/6". I'm not 100% positive but that's what I've heard. Ours is 1-1/4" for the reasons I mentioned in my 1st post.  We here actually came out with this design of the larger mouthpiece a couple years ago & many here have that design, it came out well before the Bugling Bull Bugle did, just want the facts straight that we've copied no one. See the photo.

We also are the ones that made Tone Dampeners/Tube Tamers available to the public on Bugles, no one that I know of did this before us, since that time aprox 10 years ago some have started using it as well & they should because it's a great idea! (grin) Now we are introducing corrugation into the mold design inside the tube, once again we are the 1st doing this! Just some food for thought!

Jason, I'll respond to your thoughts too but have to leave here for a while, thanks!

ElkNut1

Offline _TONY_

• TWO BAD HOMBRES
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Sagebrush junkie
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »
Interesting

Offline xXLojackXx

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 10:59:14 AM »

Offline fair-chase

• Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
Will this be available with an external reed, or adaptable to the current XTR???

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 12:06:31 PM »
Will this be available with an external reed, or adaptable to the current XTR???

Fair-chase, I grabbed this from a thread on the Elknut forum; someone else asked the same question. Elknut said "the New Chuckler does not have that option at this time but we are working on it so that it will come both ways. It will eventually come in both models!"  Hope this answers your question.  RJ
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline fair-chase

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 01:17:34 PM »
Thanks Phantom.  :tup:

Offline Todd_ID

• Frontiersman
  • Hunt Hard!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »
I'm curious to see what this thing sounds like.  How deep are the corrugations?  Is the mouthpiece shaped like a Venturi?

I've used baffles on some of my "franken-bugles" and until I made the orifice smaller than 1-1/2" I didn't notice any change in the back-pressure or resonance in the tube. My theory was that the human lungs can't produce enough air volume or velocity.

Great looking tube Paul  :tup:
I think the "slowing down the airflow" is more of a marketing comment that helps us lay people differentiate between bugles when making a purchase instead of a reality about how fast our breath is moving.  The reality of airflow is that we only expend around a liter of air on a long exhale/bugle, and that tube is probably around 2-2.25 liters.  Therefore, there should be no meaningful air speed changes regardless of design unless you're Michael Phelps' dad.  :chuckle:

The main reality, however, is that air speed has nothing to do with sound.  The speed of sound is a constant: any baffles, spirals, or corrugations are simply redirecting a very small percentage of the sound waves to give them a longer travel path, and that causes a single sound to come out sounding like a longer note or another note (thus, the resonance).  It's the design of the sound passages that determine how much of each note is "peeled off" the main note and how long it is re-directed to sound like a resonance.  This tube looks like its main focus is to redirect as much as practical, and that's a good thing for elk hunters.  We simply don't have the flexible palates, diaphragms, and vocal cords like an elk does (at least no more than an elk has what it would take to talk like us).  The best we can hope for is a tube that helps us talk like an elk, this should do well at that.

If call makers would have developed an "industry standard" percentage of tonal resonance years ago, then they would have us over a barrel just like the bow guys do with IBO speed, and we'd have to buy a new call every year to have the latest and greatest resonance percentage call--even if the advertised percentage was only as reliable as IBO speeds, and that's not too good of a goal to shoot for.

The thicker wall should help a lot in reflecting the sound wave inside the tube versus a thin wall which would tend to absorb the wave as wall vibration.  That's why a piece of black 2" PVC is the best locator tube there is; virtually no vibration is created due to the abnormally thick walls, meaning all the volume you put in the front is making it out the back.  Try an 18" piece versus the best tube you have, and you'll see a noticeable difference in volume.

Skinny Jeans?  There are no skinny jeans in hunting!  There isn't even any room for them in a conversation.  That MUST be a "mountain-tough, weight-saving cover".  :chuckle:

Good looking design Paul!  I may have to order one of them. 
Bring a GPS!  It's awkward to have to eat your buddies!

Offline JPhelps

• I EAT ELK!!!
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 06:28:38 PM »
I was just sharing some real world results I've got when altering tubes at home.  To me the most important criteria in a tube is the back-pressure generated.

On something like this I figured my P.E. License is best left in my office.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]